SAU Community

Hicas The End Is Near I Feel!

nsta

No that's cool. It's no threat to me as I only started doing them for some mates, then to fill a gap due to the cost and availability, then to satisfy some people who wanted chromoly..... so you see how it generates it's own momentum.

To set up each buy costs a couple of grand in material and chasing machining then time welding, cleaning and painting and finally posting, so I don't make much for an initial large outlay that hammers my credit card. Mind you though it would not be fair to get a huge number of people to pay up front then wait a month while I caught up on the orders. I prefer to see actual businesses sellling, but at a decent price for the volumes they can move.

I'm just busy as hell right now logging dives to start SCUBA instructing, prepping a house for sale then moving to Brisbane so feel free to go to Greenline guys. If interest is still there I'll crank up another lot but sounds like the market has come to us for a decent price.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Geoff but I could not wait. For those that dont want to use the Tomie solution and prefer the bar, I got an Endless one of greenline which cost $150 to my door...

Geoff, not trying to kill your business mate.

Just checked the Greenline website..

12,000 yen or so /85 = $140 or so in Japan.. is that delivered to my door for $150.. if so that wickedly cheap!

I'll think about it when my car arrives.. I still have to bid on one.. As i was out bid on the last auctions. My heart is now set on a 33 so i guess i'll be buying one of these when it comes in.

Anyone keen for a Greenline Tomei Kit, Locking Both Electronically and Mechanically..

Also does this solution rid the HICAS light on the dash?

Just checked the Greenline website..

12,000 yen or so /85 = $140 or so in Japan.. is that delivered to my door for $150.. if so that wickedly cheap!

I'll think about it when my car arrives.. I still have to bid on one.. As i was out bid on the last auctions. My heart is now set on a 33 so i guess i'll be buying one of these when it comes in.

Anyone keen for a Greenline Tomei Kit, Locking Both Electronically and Mechanically..

Also does this solution rid the HICAS light on the dash?

yes the Tomie solution does fix the dash light prob. One advantage to the bar solution is that it is crommoly and saves weight.

Sorry Geoff but I could not wait. For those that dont want to use the Tomie solution and prefer the bar, I got an Endless one of greenline which cost $150 to my door...

Geoff, not trying to kill your business mate.

Hi, how you going. Just picked up my R33 last week and am looking for the lock off kit that you purchased. What is the website to buy the Tomei kit for the HICAS? Do you also know where I can get the Subframe bushes for the rear? Thanks.

tomei hicas lock is on www.nengun.com

and have a looky in the group buy section on this site for rear subframe bushes hope your not too late for the r33 GB shouldnt be!

GL

lol or click the link in my sig.

Edited by gt-t_r34

I might be strange but i actually like the feeling when cornering with HICAS it makes me concentrate even harder and it feels like I am sliding around corners. I am going to leave it on until it dies (which prolly wont be long due to its unreliability)

Chris

I might be strange but i actually like the feeling when cornering with HICAS it makes me concentrate even harder and it feels like I am sliding around corners. I am going to leave it on until it dies (which prolly wont be long due to its unreliability)

Chris

I reckon you wont like the feeling if you actually go into a real slide, Hicas tends to kick you back the other way before you can blink an eye

Boy meets gutter style!

:laugh:

Edited by GunMetalR33

tomei hicas lock is on www.nengun.com

and have a looky in the group buy section on this site for rear subframe bushes hope your not too late for the r33 GB shouldnt be!

GL

lol or click the link in my sig.

Hi. work computer wont let me access the GB for bushes so will wait till I get home. What is the website for the Endless kit from Greenline? Thanks.

driving my new R32 gts-4 home today.. was on the highway at 100 on a flat, striaght stretch of road, when all of a sudden the car kicked out sideways for a second.. would have felt the same as grabbing the wheel and steering it quickly in one dirrection, then bakc to straight, however i was just driving in a straight line, and wasnt steering when this occured....

is this the hicas f**king up

mind you the hicas light is pretty much ALLWAYS on

-Ruffels

driving my new R32 gts-4 home today.. was on the highway at 100 on a flat, striaght stretch of road, when all of a sudden the car kicked out sideways for a second.. would have felt the same as grabbing the wheel and steering it quickly in one dirrection, then bakc to straight, however i was just driving in a straight line, and wasnt steering when this occured....

is this the hicas f**king up

mind you the hicas light is pretty much ALLWAYS on

-Ruffels

I was under the impression that when the light was on it was experiencing issues, but might not be completely disabled. I am no expert but I cant think of anything else it could be if it has not happened again.

my hicas has absolutely shit itself to the point where the back of the car doesn't ever point straight, and sort of changes angle when you go around a corner depending on which way you turn, but you're always fighting the sterring wheel to go straight.

my rear tyres are also bald and i think it's because of the hicas, does that sound about right?

i just dont want to replace the expensive tyres if I haven't fixed the problem yet

my hicas has absolutely shit itself to the point where the back of the car doesn't ever point straight, and sort of changes angle when you go around a corner depending on which way you turn, but you're always fighting the sterring wheel to go straight.

my rear tyres are also bald and i think it's because of the hicas, does that sound about right?

i just dont want to replace the expensive tyres if I haven't fixed the problem yet

How long since you have had a 4 wheel alignment? And how low is the car? Might be worth checking and while they are there they can check the hicas for any freeplay...possibly some play in the rack in tierod ends.

Hicas made me crash into the side of the cliff at Lithgow in Dec. Went around corner uphill tail came out a bit and the car went into oversteer. Put in opposite lock and almost got it back, when suddenly the back kicked out further dure to the rear steer doing it's thing. Game over for me, car did a 180 spin across three lanes up the hill and slammed into the 30cm high concrete curb. Bent lower links, snapped front hub, smashed front wheel and egg shaped back wheel, crached front bar and lip, s shaped cusco caster rod and very empty pockets afterwards.

Managed to fix it all up, Just Jap and Unique Autosports were able to supply parts so it all went back together okay.

Just went about getting rid of rear steering system on my 32 GTR.

Got rid of the hydraulic plumbing and solenoid valve right up to where the clutch is.

I put a 40watt 16ohm dummy load on the solenoid connector so there is no hicas fault light.

Got a return pipe made up to plumb ack the power steering fluid back to the reservior. This has threaded fittings so you just bolt it in after taking out the 2 2 metre long hyd pipes that go to the back of the car.

If anyone wants pics (setup) of the plumb back line and the stuff removed just say so. This is for R32's only. R33's have electronic rear steering racks.

Just was looking on Greenline, can't seem to find the ENDLESS kit but came across this one (the first one listed)

http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/btlist2....n&subtype=Other

It's called ESSENTIAL HICAS Breaker and listed for ¥10,210. Will this do the job to lock out HICAS for me on my 33?

Got rid of the hydraulic plumbing and solenoid valve right up to where the clutch is.

I put a 40watt 16ohm dummy load on the solenoid connector so there is no hicas fault light.

Got a return pipe made up to plumb ack the power steering fluid back to the reservior. This has threaded fittings so you just bolt it in after taking out the 2 2 metre long hyd pipes that go to the back of the car.

If anyone wants pics (setup) of the plumb back line and the stuff removed just say so. This is for R32's only. R33's have electronic rear steering racks.

Can you please post the pics?

also, can you detail what you meant by putting in the 40W 16ohm dummy load on the solenoid connector?

thanks in advance :huh:

Just was looking on Greenline, can't seem to find the ENDLESS kit but came across this one (the first one listed)

http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/btlist2....n&subtype=Other

It's called ESSENTIAL HICAS Breaker and listed for ¥10,210. Will this do the job to lock out HICAS for me on my 33?

Thats the one man, I have been in contact with Greenline myself and thats what they pointed me to :huh: