SAU Community

Hicas The End Is Near I Feel!

nsta

Hi guys,

I am new to my R33 GTS-T as well. I see the hicas indicator briefly light up when I start the car, is that a warning or is it normal. Also, at around 100-130 Km/h I feel the steering gets really light, feels a bit wierd really, is this hicas in action? because at low speeds, I do feel the better steering.

Plus, this is a dumb question, but how do I verify that my ABS is active and working?

Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I am new to my R33 GTS-T as well. I see the hicas indicator briefly light up when I start the car, is that a warning or is it normal. Also, at around 100-130 Km/h I feel the steering gets really light, feels a bit wierd really, is this hicas in action? because at low speeds, I do feel the better steering.

Plus, this is a dumb question, but how do I verify that my ABS is active and working?

Thanks

In answer to your ABS question - next time it rains, speed up to about 60km/h, then slam your brakes on as hard as you can!! If you feel the brake pedal shudder and your wheels dont 'lock up' (slide along the road) - ABS is working. If you hit the brakes and the front wheels lock up and you slide off a cliff and are smashed to tiny pieces on the jagged rocks below - you should get your ABS fixed :P

Basically your wheels shouldnt skid at all when braking (if ABS is working). You can try this is the dry as well, but you will need more speed. Just make sure your wheels are straight when you hit the brakes though!!

• 3 years later...

when your driving slow and then accelerate suddenly the car will usually just skid in a straight line if you react quick enough, as the car doesn't have the momentum to keep going sideways. lol scares the f(*k out of the people you pass tho

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...