SAU Community

Help. My Gtst S2 Is Revving By Itself.

Hey people,

I am new to this. So please bear with me. I just recently bought my baby and she has now got a mind of her own.

Its a GTST S2. When I start it, she goes ok but when I stop at lights and idiling, it revs up and down by itself. Can anyone give me an idea of what this could be. Hopefully, its nothing major.

Cheers

Hey people,

I am new to this. So please bear with me. I just recently bought my baby and she has now got a mind of her own.

Its a GTST S2. When I start it, she goes ok but when I stop at lights and idiling, it revs up and down by itself. Can anyone give me an idea of what this could be.  Hopefully, its nothing major.

Cheers

sounds like uv blown off a vacuum hose, happeds all the time. look under the bonnet for a hose off ur manifold, and put it back on... the old nissan factory hoses are shit. wen they get hot and get sum pressure behind em, they blow off

sounds like uv blown off a vacuum hose, happeds all the time. look under the bonnet for a hose off ur manifold, and put it back on... the old nissan factory hoses are shit. wen they get hot and get sum pressure behind em, they blow off

Cheers for that. I feel like a dumb arse but I really want to learn about my car and how to care for her right.

Yeh RB engines and idling its a pain. Mine has a mind of its own. I was driving today everything was fine idling good and the im at the lights and my idle decides to go from normal to 1,000rpm. This happens at all the traffic lights all the way to my girlfreinds house. Then when i drive to the restaurant for a little while it drives fine then it starts to idle at the same place at every traffic light. OK park the car go have dinner at a restaurant come back drive it all is ok idling at normal speed?? what da?? it use to do it before but only for a little while then id rev it and it would go back down now it wont go down if i did it. I did the ecu reset all was good till today. tps is fine. before i go cleaning aav and air flow metre anything else u guys think it could be. its just strange as it comes and goes. i might do the ecu reset again think this will help???

Edited by LatinR33