SAU Community

Turbo Timer Set Up With Alarm, How?

darn756

I have an 2001 R34 GTT with a new apexi turbo timer and Black Widow alarm. Now that the turbo timer is installed I cant manually arm the alarm until the turbo timer finishes and likewise once the turbo timer finishes the alrm does not automatically arm.

Has anyone gotten around this??

Cheers

When I was shopping around, I noticed that this is an incompatibility thing.

I saw alarms that allowed turbo timers to be wired to them, and turbo timers that allowed alarms to operate in conjunction with each other.

That said, I don't know what the workaround is, or whether your gear is compatible, but it could simply be a wiring thing. Might want to ring a Black Widow installer and ask if your model alarm can work with a TT.

if you had an Autowatch 456 alarm then you would have an alarm and a turbo timer all in one and your alarm is armed and the car is locked from the time you you walk away like my car

AMEN...

i dunno which autowatch i have, but besides all the sensors, remote locking, turbo timer and all that, it calls me if shit is happening...

i can also start the car from my phone hehehe, but its really illegal... so i tend not to...

I thought that you could just wire in a relay to power your turbo timer when the alarm cut it. I'm pretty sure it can be done, regardless of alarm brand/type because once the alarm cuts the power to ignition, the relay switches straight to the car battery.

I can't quite remember which way it is wired, but if you go to jaycar or dicksmith and get a 30A relay (horn one) (- I'm pretty sure it's the right one), maybe ask someone there how to wire it - it's relatively simple.

Hope it works for you!

I thought that you could just wire in a relay to power your turbo timer when the alarm cut it. I'm pretty sure it can be done, regardless of alarm brand/type because once the alarm cuts the power to ignition, the relay switches straight to the car battery.

I can't quite remember which way it is wired, but if you go to jaycar or dicksmith and get a 30A relay (horn one) (- I'm pretty sure it's the right one), maybe ask someone there how to wire it - it's relatively simple.

Hope it works for you!

your idea is partially correct, HOWEVER if it is a multipoint cut it will NOT work. most alarms reqiure the IGN input to stay active for the car to run. now if you switch that circuit out with a relay the car WILL SHUT DOWN.

the only way to do it if it you drive an auto and the starter is disabled. that will work.

Hi Darn,

I am an custom alarm installer with around 10 years experience. Your problem is easily fixed.

Any Alarm will hook up to a turbo timer.

You need to get a 12v 5 pin 30amp relay. Dont go to Dick smith, they often sell cheap lower voltage relays to you. Go to a reputable place Repco or somewhere.

Repco Sell narva Relay's these are the best

to wire the relay to the turbo timer

- turbo timer (your wiring color will vary depending on model of timer)

- Constant 12v - to an uninterupted 12v source - make sure you use a fuse

- Accessories - helps to set the timer

- Earth - a clean metal part of the car

- Ignition - runs the car when key off

- Park brake arm - Ground sensor - connect to parking brake to arm turbo timer

Relay wiring ( cut the cars ignition wire)

30 - Engine Side of ignition wire

85 - Ground

86 - Key side of ignition

87 - Ignition input of alarm

87a - turbo timer igniton feed

You will also need to use a diode between pins 87a and 87 with the line on the diode facing ( on the same side as ) pin 87a.

Let me also give you a few tips on how to make your car more secure.

1 - Hide the LED - this lets the theif know that you have an alarm and they come prepared - take them by surprise every time

2 - hide the valet switch

3 - keep your keys in a safe place

4 - make sure your installer is qualified and reputible. An alarm is only as good as its instalation.

5 - dont tell people ( not even your mom) what sort of alarm you have. Dodgy people down load all sorts of things from the internet

6 - dont leave valuable's cd wallets etc in plain site

7 - at night park under lights

8 - when you are going to get a park somewhere turn your system down a few blocks before you get there - dont advertise that you a something worth stealing

9 - tinted windows - great for keeping out peeping eyes

There are other things that you can do to a car to make it harder to steal, not impossible, but harder. However due to the nature of wiring specifics or instaltion techniques i will not post this information on such a public forum or PM it to you. Sorry but nowadays you dont know who to trust.

Regards

Pj

Edited by frx026