SAU Community

Sau Nsw Official Track Day Is Coming

Abo Bob

time to get myself a cb radio and start WHORING!!!!

best quote of the day would have to be

"car number XX temporarily lost traction for 7 consecutive corners"

hahaha gosh I am funny....

there was also:

"there is some debris on the start finish straight"

"yeah I think a part fell off a rotor"

I kill me.

Back to the speed of the day.....the fact is that times have changed since the EC motorconcepts day where we used to have 8 20 min sessions in a day for 220.

Since the inquest into the Todd Wilks death at Eastern Creek, insurance costs have become insane for track days. As as a result track days cost a fortune now. By far the cheapest way to get insurance is to go via CAMS, but that means we have to follow their rules.

Yesterday was a supersprint not a race meet, that is why they limited the number of cars to 10 (42 at a race meet) Private Track days have got much more expensive, and its unusual to have a shot at the Oran Park GP track.

I guess I am saying we all need to get used to track days running like yesterday....within the rules I think the clerk of course did a good job.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

59393167._MG_3319.JPG

Man...that looks so nice...really! Those wheels are cool.

I understand some of the Vic boys have been talkign to the NSW crew, we have a big 3 month lul in track days and the hillbillies from down south are keen for a road trip... :)

And again, keep the R32 Count Hardcore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mark if you play nice i'll even show you how to get the eyes on. seems i'm perfecting my race face nicely.

it was a nice pic that one. go the stock-o RB20. even with trying to do a suspension change at the track it was still all good. and again big thanks to all the flaggies for not flagging me in. lol

RB20 for the win.

Like i was saying on the phone, you need to get the boys up here for an OP GP day. Macgil is having one soon. now that would be good, plus he holds a little race at the of the day, reversve grid, anything goes... love it.

mark if you play nice i'll even show you how to get the eyes on. seems i'm perfecting my race face nicely.

it was a nice pic that one. go the stock-o RB20. even with trying to do a suspension change at the track it was still all good. and again big thanks to all the flaggies for not flagging me in. lol

RB20 for the win.

Like i was saying on the phone, you need to get the boys up here for an OP GP day. Macgil is having one soon. now that would be good, plus he holds a little race at the of the day, reversve grid, anything goes... love it.

why put the plate there with no FMIC?

The CAMS lady wanted to - Ando and i ( and Duncan aswel i think) kept saying it was just a tyre scrubbing

You can pay us with beers

If its the same circuit - im in. Will you have your GTR ready?

The car looks great in that pic - 32's look very fat in the rear from that angle

why put the plate there with no FMIC?

Its not as good a reason as Count Hardcore, but i suspect radiators like a bit of air through them when the owner is ringing the cars neck trying to keep up with RB25s :ermm:

88silhouette...i like the drinking more these days, its seems my talk is quicker then my driving :)

yeah, GTR will be back in action, but not sure if i will go as there is a super sprint round at EC in a few weeks.

actually i probably will go anyway. aarons track days are one of the last of the old school. no 'classes', no f**king around, just lots of track time, good instruction and did i mention lots of track time. :)

yeah, GTR will be back in action, but not sure if i will go as there is a super sprint round at EC in a few weeks.

actually i probably will go anyway. aarons track days are one of the last of the old school. no 'classes', no f**king around, just lots of track time, good instruction and did i mention lots of track time. :ermm:

Id forget EC - it hasnt been rezoned to a residential suburb :huh:

Or just do both?

Im not really a fan of EC, but it will be the only one left soon :) (except wakefield of course)

Can you let me know about the OP GP day please?

Looks like id better get onto this oil cooler sooner than later

1. top work to the organisers from sau and renew.

2. thanks to the flaggies

3. thanks to richard for the tips

4. thanks to paul and mates for the help.

i had an awesome day, and it was nice to meet a fair few of you.

go the rb20's.

Id forget EC - it hasnt been rezoned to a residential suburb :huh:

Or just do both?

Im not really a fan of EC, but it will be the only one left soon :) (except wakefield of course)

Can you let me know about the OP GP day please?

Looks like id better get onto this oil cooler sooner than later

haha, i know but i have a duty to my half assed team to try and get some points this season.

I love OP GP too, but EC has turn 1 which is pretty damn nice, and the last two turns also are great fun there.

i'll email you the details tomorrow on OP GP day. definately get cracking on the oil cooler, GTRs need one for track use. very good idea. I have a massive trust one in the passenger side duct.

george: nathan asked me how you went and i told him you were shaving off seconds every session. job well done mate! :ermm: