• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

walbro pump, malpassi 2:1 reg, gtr injectors

600-300-76 hybrid cooler, k&n pod

high mount manifold, 35mm wastegate, gt3071r turbo

3" turbo back exhaust, no cat, cannon on rear no silencer, 2" wastegate pipe plumbed in just before cat

wolf 3d with ebc

splitfire coils

7 heatrange plugs gapped to .6

when tuned boost was set at 22psi, today it was showing 25psi by the dyno, i havent looked at the gauge when driving for abvious reasons

Yeh, something isnt adding up. That sized turbo should have a bucket load more stomp with that boost level. Try a different tuner...does it have adjustable cam gears...the timign belt/timign correct?

And what brand is the exhaust?

Ok i didnt sleep well last night thinking about the car, how could i be maxing out gtr injectors at 203kw when using a good pump 2;1 reg with heaps of pressure unless the afr are all over the place. Just went for a power run on a local dyno that is said to be quite accurate and here are the results.

please comment on afr, would you leave the tune alone and be happy or have it looked at by someone else. The car drives great, little hard to start when hot and uses heaps of fuel.

Thanks guys.

Are you running 13.8 volts to the Walbro or 11.2 volts?

(ie; standard wiring or relay back to battery?)

The common Walbros are rated at 550 bhp at 13.8 volts at 40 psi.

You are running 23 psi (boost) plus 40 psi (fuel pressure) = 63 psi

If you are only using 11.2 volts, the pump will run out of flow and pressure at around 380 bhp.

You need to check the fuel pressure on the dyno at max injector duty.

:P cheers :)

PS; clean GTR injectors are good for 265 rwkw.

Ok the exhaust was done at a local shop, timing is ok, the pump was just conected to the wiring but we checked pressure on the dyno and all was good, injectors were cleaned before they went in. So i guess ill give dyno dave a call when i save some money up and see what he can do with the tune

standard cams and gears

Edited by grim32

That tune looks somewhat hurrendous, i would be taking that back to who ever tuned it & bitch slapping them. can i suggest that could be the main source of your problems??

Ha ha ha you make me laugh. Although a bitch slap as you put it might be in order, ill just leave it at that and let someone else tune it.

WOW, when i looked at those A/F ratios I got a shock!

They look like they have been hardly tuned at all :P:(

time to take it to someone who knows what they're doing :P

ROFL looks like Mr Squiggle was trying to draw bart simpsons head.

How much more power does running without the cat give you ???

To be honest i wouldnt have a clue as i knocked it out when i put the new setup on, makes it sound tuff but

Only my 2c but I hate rising rate fuel pressure regulators , the pump is often on its knees and not always for any good reason . Roller cell efi pumps will trade volume for pressure and so if the pressure is not required it costs volume anyway . If injector flow is limiting then higher pressure is the only answer but its a bit of a band aid .

Cheers A .

Only my 2c but I hate rising rate fuel pressure regulators , the pump is often on its knees and not always for any good reason . Roller cell efi pumps will trade volume for pressure and so if the pressure is not required it costs volume anyway . If injector flow is limiting then higher pressure is the only answer but its a bit of a band aid .

Cheers A .

Funny you mention that as i spoke to Adrian at Toda Racing today and he said the same thing, as well as being hard to tune with. He recomended a sard regulator.

• 8 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but i am about to install a gt30 on my rb20 and was wondering what cams would give a good overall power increase?

My supporting mods are:

GT30 with .64 internal wastegate,

GTR injectors,

040 fuel pump,

6 boost exhaust manifold,

oz power plenum,

hybrid copy intercooler.

Also do I need adjustable cam gears with a camshaft upgrade?

Sorry for the hyjack, hopefully my question is relivant to the thread starters car too :P

Dan.