SAU Community

3000GT vs SKYLINE

Spiderman

I went for a drive last night, and ended in North Sydney and came to a set of lights.

Anyways a Red Mitsubishi 3000GT pulled up behind me, and then reversed and came on my left, and i thought alright your on, so im waiting for the lights to change, and i see the opposite lights turn orange and then red, and then our lights turned green and i hit it, by second gear i was wondering where is he?

He did'nt even go for it and peacefully came back into my lane there was a car parked.

DAM i wanted to drag a 3000 GT does any know how fast they are? or even had a go with one? would be interesting to find out not that many around.

the aussie delivered 3000GT's arn't turbo (i dont think) - they should be similar to the aussie delivered Z's... ie, big and no power.

The GTO's on the other hand are TT etc...

i *think* thats how it is anyway... not 100% certain.

funny you should mention that....

the LATE model 97+ versions are 320hp..... using the mitsubishi 6g72TT engine....

my sonata came with a 3.0L V6 option (only in auto) and guess the engine code... 6g72 (no TT here!)

The Twin Turbo V6 engine from the 3000gt/GTO's would fit straight in my sonata....

think of this kind of power in say a 1200kg car (FWD!)

.....*sigh* I done the research.. AND, to possibly have the world's fastest Sonata I would be looking at about $10,000 for the front cut, new ECU, labour, parts etc....

.... but then, I've always wanted a Skyline, so I decided not to piss my money away.

Think I made the right decision ??

Guest Cinder

Only Twin turbos were sold here, you have to import the N/A version. A GTO/3kGT should beat a GTST easy they run 13.3-5 with a decent driver some have been known to hit 13.0 stock. The fastest GTO is the MR it's the sports version they come with harder suspension and BBS rims and have less options then the GTO TT, they run 12.8 stock but i dont think any of them are in australia.

That said stock for stock with equal drivers it goes like this

1: GTO MR 12.8

2: GTR 32-34-33 13.0-1-2

3: GTO TT 2nd GEN 13.3-4

4: GTO TT 1st GEN 13.5-6

419.jpg

Guest Cinder

I have'nt checked in a while but i think they go for a bout 14-18k at jap auctions they are cheaper then the TT beacuse they have less options and standard eqipment. The MR only came out in 95-96 i think.

Guest Cinder

There might be an MR in aus but i have never seen one. I was going to get an MR but it has no leather or active aero dynamics or AWS or climate control and a bunch of other goodies that the higher model GTO has. I might still get an MR just depends what i run into over in Japan i also might be getting an R33 GTR as a daily driver/fast car, because i will be moding the GTO like crazy.

Guest Cinder

Yeah a GTR does not make a very good daily driver but i love them almost as much as the GTO and i realy only want AWD cars, anyway it's either going to be a GTR or an old Lancer GSR if i cant get a good deal on an R33 GTR.

Originally posted by DLuded

Onarun:

a shelby gt500??

off gone in 60 seconds?? the 1967 one..i LOVE that car

that be the one. i've been in love with it ever since my days of 'street rod'

remember that game where you'd drag cars for pink slips? spent hours playing that game.

in around a years time i'll have a double garage and i'll be looking for a cheap one to restore. will be very hard to find in aus so i'll have to import it from usa i think.