SAU Community

Quiet Cat Back On R32 Gts-t

Does anyone have a quiet 3 in cat back on their 32's if so what are they my one is way too droney

There are plenty around. Just look for one with a two muffler setup, I had mine chopped out because it was much too quiet for my liking and does not drone much at all. If you have an auto though do a manual conversion and the should fix you problem. :P

yeah i might have to go the fujitsubo, and yeah its auto havnt got enough for a conversion. anyone got a quiet auto 3 in catback?

ive gotta 3.5 inch from the cat to another muffler, then a 4 inch from that muffler to the rear muffler, actually it doesnt have a cat at the moment, its been replaced with a pipe, and its suprisingly quiet!!!!

the brand is fujitsubo.

Jhonny cash is on the money! Excuse the pun. I got a complete custom job done that from the cat back had a hotdog and then a high quality rear stainless steel wound (not packed and yes there is a big difference) cannon muffler. This set up was hell droney, sounded awsome but way, way too loud and on decelleration from 2200 - 1800rpm my ear drums hurt and it gave me a massive headache just getting it home! Took it back and got the hotdog replaced with a side-by-side resonater (looks like a normal muffler only the exhaust flow goes straight through on one side and the other side has a steelwool packed chamber to absorb the excess exhaust gas expansion which is what causes the exhaust note out of your rear muffler)

Exhaust note for me is absolutely perfect, I have a full unrestricted exhaust that has a great note but dosen't intrude. It is to quiet for some of my friends but its exactly what i wanted and with it being the only current mod everyone comments on how well my car goes.

So rear cannon = $128

resonator = $90

piping and mounts = $180 = Cheap as chips with great results. You don't need an expensive name brand.

just to add, Full custom stainless steel exhaust with dual dump that joins after the elbow, 3.5 inch stainless steel biscuit cat with previous mentioned cat back all fitted close to the chassis to ensure no scraping and HPC coated all up =$1000 flat = :D

Edited by ellie