SAU Community

Ford Brembo's On R33 Gts-t

Jim

Hey guys,

A friend of mine that works at ford can get me some front and rear brembo calipers, pads and discs from the BA series for a fairly decent price.

I would be looking to install them on my r33gts-t

What would be involved in fitting these if they fit at all?.

.......also a rough estimate on what someone would charge to fit them?

Can the discs be used ??

im fairly new to brake upgrade's so any info would be great....cheers

rotors are 355mm x 32mm cross drilled and slotted front rotors with Brembo 4 piston calipers ( 328mm x 26mm cross drilled rear rotors with red single piston caliprers, id think only the fronts on the 33 would need top be upgraded).

dont know the spacing of the calipers.... any 1 know their fords well?

look like radial mount calipers for the front.

will have to get an L shaped bracket made up (similar to the brackets in the AP kit below)

apgtrbrakekit.jpg

Add a 2 piece rotor (because the offset of the stock ford rotor will probably not fit on the GTSt) + custom hat...

it's not the cheapest upgrade.

something like the big rotor upgrades on UAS might be more economical... depends what you're after.

by what i can see on the DBA website, the stock Ford rotor is offset is similar to Nissan, but you can't be sure until you try it.

The beauty of custom brackets is that you can space the caliper 'offset' as you like to fit the rotors...

look like radial mount calipers for the front.

will have to get an L shaped bracket made up (similar to the brackets in the AP kit below)

apgtrbrakekit.jpg

Add a 2 piece rotor (because the offset of the stock ford rotor will probably not fit on the GTSt) + custom hat...

it's not the cheapest upgrade.

something like the big rotor upgrades on UAS might be more economical... depends what you're after.

by what i can see on the DBA website, the stock Ford rotor is offset is similar to Nissan, but you can't be sure until you try it.

The beauty of custom brackets is that you can space the caliper 'offset' as you like to fit the rotors...

i looked into this once. calipers can be made to fit if, as Ronin said, you get the right brackets made. brembo will not sell you the bracket alone (bugger!). there is not much difference in offset apparently between the skyline disc (GTR anyway) and the falcoon one. but you'll need to make sure the hub locator is the same diameter and the stud pattern is redrilled because i don't think it's the same. and for the improvement in braking you're likely to experience unless you're going on the track, it's a lot of stuffing around. and that's before you even consider the rears and the changes to the handbrake assembly etc.

that's why the brembo upgrade is easiest/popular. unless of course you are Ronin and have APs :D . they are nothing but trouble :rolleyes: - you need to sell them to me :(

actually the stud pattern is the same between skyline and AU falcon so probably OK for BA as well... you just need the custom brackets to locate them properly.

i sense a trap...if the pattern is the same that's making it easy :ermm: any idea about the hub diameter?

i think there are better upgrades you can do the braking system before chaning rotors and calipers. you wont be maxing out the stock calipers and rotors thats for sure. things like braided lines, slotted rotors, good fluid, good pads and even just a brake system service would make it heaps better.

i dont see a need to change em?

The handbrake set up in the rear is different and the brembo rear calipers should be a 4 piston caliperIf it is on anFPV or GTP as far as i know there wasn't/isn't a single piston rear brembo kit on them.Can you tell us all what is a good price or pm me with it as i may beinterested for a mates ba.