SAU Community

Re:got Pulled Over

Hello fellow skyliners.As some of you might remember, while ago i posted a topic regarding me being pulled over while on suspension.To my suprise there were heaps of responses, alot of assumptions equaling me freaking out as i just did not know what to expect.Must say there were some good feedbacks but anyhow will give a shorts tory as what happened as i did go to court.I did hire a lawyer who represented me.Apparently i had one of the toughest judges you can get so therfore i shyte my pants even more.Lawyer did the spill about importamce of not prolonging the licence, this and that all in all job was done really well.Now the verdict was that considerationwas taken regardingmy licence so therefore no extention was made, however i had to pay a hefty fine of$1200.00 and be put on a good beaviour bond for 12 months.Now i was quite happy with that knowing how much i need my licence for work and also to drive the car i so much love.Just to some of you that are doing what i did or are waiting for the court, it really is not worth it as you can stuff up quite a bit and get your life out of balance.This situation has thought me a lesson (albeit expesive one) which will just make me not do stupid things (even though i got pulled over when going to work).Now regarding the offence if convicted it is recorded i believe but it can not interfere with you job career as it is only a traffic offence.Also if you end up going to court second time while under suspension, well all i can say that jail a madatory resource so pleae be very carefull and do not be silly as me.At the end of the day this offence so minimal in the eye of law, however noone and i mean no one gets away without conviction (do not stress about this as it is only a traffic conviction) as the public nor police like it.Anyhow hope this will be a good read to all of you that are going thru something i had already gone thru.Regards skyliners :worship:

Hello fellow skyliners.As some of you might remember, while ago i posted a topic regarding me being pulled over while on suspension.To my suprise there were heaps of responses, alot of assumptions equaling me freaking out as i just did not know what to expect.Must say there were some good feedbacks but anyhow will give a shorts tory as what happened as i did go to court.I did hire a lawyer who represented me.Apparently i had one of the toughest judges you can get so therfore i shyte my pants even more.Lawyer did the spill about importamce of not prolonging the licence, this and that all in all job was done really well.Now the verdict was that considerationwas taken regardingmy licence so therefore no extention was made, however i had to pay a hefty fine of$1200.00 and be put on a good beaviour bond for 12 months.Now i was quite happy with that knowing how much i need my licence for work and also to drive the car i so much love.Just to some of you that are doing what i did or are waiting for the court, it really is not worth it as you can stuff up quite a bit and get your life out of balance.This situation has thought me a lesson (albeit expesive one) which will just make me not do stupid things (even though i got pulled over when going to work).Now regarding the offence if convicted it is recorded i believe but it can not interfere with you job career as it is only a traffic offence.Also if you end up going to court second time while under suspension, well all i can say that jail a madatory resource so pleae be very carefull and do not be silly as me.At the end of the day this offence so minimal in the eye of law, however noone and i mean no one gets away without conviction (do not stress about this as it is only a traffic conviction) as the public nor police like it.Anyhow hope this will be a good read to all of you that are going thru something i had already gone thru.Regards skyliners :)

was this for street racing or some other?

Just to answer a few of your questions

Re street racing- no it wasnt street racing it was for speeding on freeway 9got cought at 4am in the morning while heading to sydney)

Re:good behaviour bond-Basically if caught again i must reapear at the court and be charged

cheers

(do not stress about this as it is only a traffic conviction)

Thats pretty poor information. Wait until you need to get a security cleared job where this conviction will cause you extra hassles (probably wont have any real negative effect, but will prolong the process). Wait until you want to visit America and your visa application is delayed because you have a criminal conviction and they also want to interrogate you about it first.

ANY conviction can and will cause you problems later in life, you just cant see them yet.

But congratulations on the leniant sentance.

sweet! now you got 12month to learn to f**king write.

go here www.yahoo.com and do a search for the word "Paragraph"

use it next time.

steve

Well thank you funkey monkey f...Did i ask for you stupid coment?No i did not .I am trying to let warn other people to be cautious.How 'bout you f..... off you i....t.And to the rest of youz finding pins and needles,my post is not insultive to any one, not even police, i am even saying that it thought me a lesson albeit an expensive one.I am not saying i wil be doing it again, hell no i am saying that i will be very cautious, and yes i hate the conviction, even though it is a traffic conviction.if you can cay something consrtuctive go for it, dont be so critical.I regret what i did, if i had that time and this understanding, i would have not done it. :(

gald you ended up getting the licence back. A futher suspension would have been a nightmare, not to mention if you got busted again...

if you dont mind me asking, what court house did you go to?

P.S just go back and edit you first post to have paragraphs so every c**t shuts up

Edited by ctjet

Okay, just to add some more info for ppl in the sake it might help them somehow...

My Story,

16pts on P's -> Suspended 6months via demerit points (aka QT) -> Disqualified for 6months + $300 fine for driving on suspension -> Disqualified for 2yrs + $800 fine for disobeying Court Order...next step if i get caught driving in the next 2yrs is 5yr ban or goal time...hence why I won't be stepping anywhere near a car on an Australian gvnt rd any time soon....

every time i pleaded guilty and dressed expensivelly....didn't even waste time with appealing it as i'm pretty certain theres no way i can be saved now, i'm thinking of just moving to NZ and freighing my car over when it's finished..

oh..forgot to mention, i workED 70hr weeks at 2 jobs earning alot of money to pay off a looot of debts and having no social life..kidna hard to get work when ur work is 8km away from nearest public transport and the time in bewteen shifts isn't enough to walk/ride a bike there from that nearest public transport place hahahaha

Edited by GHOSTrun

so you were caught speeding on a highway... and went to court?? :worship:

thats what he said, if you get caught doing 45km/h over the speed limit you will be charge with reckless driving and will have to go to court