SAU Community

Track Day - May 2nd

jlnewton

Hey,

I can't find the original thread, think it was in the events section. . . . .

Anyway, its only a few days away now, can't wait! Just got some new brake pads yesterday, machined my rotors and new brake fluid, I am ready!!! If anyone has the SAU groups can you post them please?? Paul??

No Worries, here is the list. Not everyone is driving, but I think all these guys will be there. What happened to the Events section anyway :D

Also there are a couple of spots free due to last minute car troubles. If you want to come, contact me ASAP. Thanks

Paul

BND

cerb

EVO Cam

rhinorebel

BelGarion

SirSkyline

JGB33

jlnewton

SkylineGTT25

jmac

flagger

nf.

JCMarshall_Law

maccattack

R34GTX

slapper

Sweet, can't wait. I bedded in my new pads last night, (love the smell of smoking pads :D ) and am ready to go. . . . See if I can't get close to the times I was doing in the GTR. . . .

i might be there just to have a looksy. never been to a sau track day b4 so should be interesting. it will be good to see what some gts-t's do around the track to give me a goal for when im not so cheap. see you there.

Be good to catch up with you and some of the others jason, its been a while.

It has been ages James, good to get out there and have a little fun again!

i might be there just to have a looksy. never been to a sau track day b4 so should be interesting. it will be good to see what some gts-t's do around the track to give me a goal for when im not so cheap. see you there.

Hey, do you still have my old GTST? If so I was driving beside you along Gympie Rd the other night past Chermside in the black 33 4dr. I turned off on Murphy Rd, it still looks good!

I have started packing the car, getting a little excited :bunny:

Yeah, me too!! Am taking spare wheels again but have to swap fronts for rears today. As I found out at skidpan, my new rear tyres have great grip while my shitty fronts are crap and need to go on the rear to be destroyed so that I can validate the need to replace them!!

What tools are you packing Jason?? I always seem to not take the stuff I eventually need. Last time it was wire and zip ties!!

The count down is on. I've been sorting out the lists, having another play with the timing gear and making sure everything is in place. I was worried yesterday wuth the weather, but it looks set to be a geat day.

lol on the zip ties and wire. You never know what you will need.

It has been ages James, good to get out there and have a little fun again!

Hey, do you still have my old GTST? If so I was driving beside you along Gympie Rd the other night past Chermside in the black 33 4dr. I turned off on Murphy Rd, it still looks good!

I have started packing the car, getting a little excited :(

yeah still got it i will see you out there tomorrow

Yeah, me too!! Am taking spare wheels again but have to swap fronts for rears today. As I found out at skidpan, my new rear tyres have great grip while my shitty fronts are crap and need to go on the rear to be destroyed so that I can validate the need to replace them!!

What tools are you packing Jason?? I always seem to not take the stuff I eventually need. Last time it was wire and zip ties!!

I usually just take the jack, socket set, screwdrivers, a couple of shifters, some spare coolant, oil, and most importantly, hand soap and and a rag :( Haven't been caught short yet but there is always a first time. . .

Holy trackday action batman!!!

That was a great day, I had a ball. Even the three hours I spent hunched over the timing computer pulling my hair out were fun (in a strange kind of way).

Bummer about the Supra, that thing is a machine.. bigger, better, faster!!!

Hope the day was not too stressful for you Paul, I think everyone would agree the day went really well.

I was really hoping to claim that 1:06 on the clubman but the three 1:09's I did in the same set were prolly more realistic, might have been a misshap with the timing :)

Thans heaps to jmac for taking me out on the passenger drive hour, that was a lot of fun. It was great to see the lines another driver was taking, espacially fun when it is in a 200rwkW r34 with semi slicks!!!

It was great just stuffing around with all the other drivers and volunteers.

Those drift guys were insane, Robbie Bolger is one of a kind and that drift monaro is something else...holy crap!

Once again, thanks heaps Paul, you really go above and beyond for these days.

Cheers,

Pat.

PS: post up some photos, I did not bring my camera!

Edited by JCMarshall_Law

Yep, thanks to Paul for another great day.

It took me a little while to re-accustom myself with RWD after driving the GTR for the last couple of years but didn't do too bad. I think I managed a 1:06ish for the clubman and a 1:02ish for the sprint. . . . about 1 sec off what I was hoping for but not bad for a GTST sedan with a cat-back. . . :)

Some pics can be found here -

http://krazyphotography.com/coppermine/thu...album=64&page=1

big thanks to paul and all you other guys who volunteered today, i had a great time and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone!!!

i'll be curious to see the times, i think the bridgestone semis were worth about 2 seconds a lap over last time i was there. :P it was a pretty big thrill to keep up with that green drift R32 on the national circuit at the end too.

and pat, no worries mate it was great to have someone along for the passenger rides.

bring on teh videos!!! :wave: