SAU Community

New Kkr Graphs

A bit of an update for those who are interested in the KKR480 and how it works on an RB25.

The graphs below are for an internally stock R33 (normal head gasket too) with 550cc injectors, pump, Power FC, FMIC and 3-inch exhaust with an aftermarket cat. The owner fitted the turbo himself with a KKR dump pipe. The car was tuned by CRD and a week later ran on the Mainline dyno at the Auto Salon. As you can see the results are very consistent and this is the sort of power most people are getting, with around 19psi boost.

post-5573-1146272523.jpg

no ones arguing the power making ability...

i think the doubts, or the "haters" as someone said i was, is in terms of driveability, response, etc.

seems like a laggy turbo, and btw you do the mods required to make it fit, it aint as cheap as the 699 add makes it out to be.

' date='30 Apr 2006, 11:41 PM' post='2127816']

it aint as cheap as the 699 add makes it out to be.

i do believe, by the time the "special" dump is purchased and installed your looking at approx $1300-$1500

When a GCG hi-flow is around $500 more (bolt on) and far more responsive

The choice is simple

Judging by that dyno it would be even more laggy on an rb20 and not a good turbo for the lil 2l..

They make a smalled 430 version which is what we want to know about

yer i want to know about the 430 as well. i emailed the people but they just spat shit at me about it i dont belive.

asked if this turbo would be suited to my car and if it bolts straight on and not have as much hassle as the 480 installing. Reply;

yes ~ This is a great choose for ur CAR,,,, u will love it~ Just need a bit Mods for Dump pipe ,,,, the Manifold Flange will just Bolt on ,,,, 248 KW at wheel @ 1.1 Bar on R33 GTST with Factory ECU, Intercooler ~~~~~THANKS~~~~~`

Kind Regards

Automotorsports

H.P.A. - Hyper Performance Automotorsports

yer i want to know about the 430 as well. i emailed the people but they just spat shit at me about it i dont belive.

asked if this turbo would be suited to my car and if it bolts straight on and not have as much hassle as the 480 installing. Reply;

yes ~ This is a great choose for ur CAR,,,, u will love it~ Just need a bit Mods for Dump pipe ,,,, the Manifold Flange will just Bolt on ,,,, 248 KW at wheel @ 1.1 Bar on R33 GTST with Factory ECU, Intercooler ~~~~~THANKS~~~~~`

Kind Regards

Automotorsports

H.P.A. - Hyper Performance Automotorsports

Mate, I don't know who you emailed but Otomoto is the distributor of KKR and we certainly didn't give you that reply. The best result we have seen so far on an RB20 from a KKR430 is just under 200kW at the wheels. On an RB25 we've seen close to 230kW at the wheels. If anyone has done better we'd like to hear about it.

Benhpi, Do you have the graph of the 230rwkw run for the RB25 with the 430?

I'm interested in getting a turbo that give me around that mark of power so that I don't have to go spending big bucks on injectors AFMs full engine management (i have SAFC II).

The other option I've been looking at is a HKS 2530 and they seem to be getting people into the 12.5sec 1/4 region with about 230-240rwkw.

Edited by JaFF

Also, for the guys that want to do some of the work themselves this turbo looks like a great (read: cheap) option for a street/drag application.

I can see high 11's being a reality with that baby!

Adrian