SAU Community

Skyline Police Cars

The Skyline policecars you actually see in (like the one that told me to go home last night) are generally unmarked V35 sedans. I have not seen a marked Skyline

The one from last night looked exactly as below!

08.jpg

Thats awesome. The Japanese police have been using skylines as police cars for bloody ages! ive got this old 80's movie called "Too Much", about this girl going to Japan and making friends with this robot. Pretty strange. There are some car chases in the movie involving the police and you can see the old Skyline police cars. Im not familiar with the old school ones though. They had the rear view mirrors on the front wheel guards i think?

Yeah, what are those shields for? Stopping bugs from hitting the windscreen? If you look closely at my avatar pic, the old R32 GTR cop car has it too.

Edited by edspaged2

I'll take a guess that it's to help deflect the wind-blast over the top of the ski-bar on the roof.

I know that when the Vic police first got the VN-VP era Commonwhore chase-cars in the early 90's they were "un-officially" speed-limited to around 225kph 'cos above that there was no guarantee the gear on the roof would actually stay on the roof.

Supposedly they had 1 set come in the rear screen & another spear thru the rear door-skin at stupid speeds which was obviously not a good thing, for them anyway :(

"The Skyline policecars you actually see in (like the one that told me to go home last night) are generally unmarked V35 sedans. I have not seen a marked Skyline"

you can see those cars behind the R34's in the 5th picture

The Skyline policecars you actually see in (like the one that told me to go home last night) are generally unmarked V35 sedans. I have not seen a marked Skyline

you can see those cars behind the R34's in the 5th picture

those are pretty sweet. i think somebody in the local government saw them and decided to do something as close as they can to use R34s as our cars (damn 15 year rule)...

dodge-charger-police.JPG

charger104.jpg

yeah, dodge didnt rip off the look at all :worship:

Edited by entelijint

I believe that the shield is for bugs and other debris.

The gold badge is the Japanese police force badge as shown below.

Japan_Z32_03.jpg

This paint scheme has been used on Japanese police cars for a looong time.

Here are some more police cars :D

Mitsubishi GTO with those "funny mirrors"

3000gt_01.jpg

Nissan Skyline V35

g35_01.jpg

Mazda FC RX-7

Japan_FCRX7_01.jpg

Mazda FD RX-7

Japan_FDRX7_01.jpg

Honda NSX

Japan_NSX_01.jpg

Undercover Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R

undercover02.jpg

Subaru WRX STi

wrx_04.jpg

Nissan Cedric

Japan_Cedric_01.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z32)

Japan_Z32_02.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z (S130)

Japan_S130_02.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z432 (S30) and Fairlady Z 2by2 (S31)

nissan_s30_police_01_03.jpg

Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30)

nissan_s30_police_03_01.jpg

Mazda Cosmo 110 Sport

Japan_CosmoSport_01.jpg

So, who wants to join Japan's police force?! I do!

Edited by Alfadog

I'll take a guess that it's to help deflect the wind-blast over the top of the ski-bar on the roof.

I know that when the Vic police first got the VN-VP era Commonwhore chase-cars in the early 90's they were "un-officially" speed-limited to around 225kph 'cos above that there was no guarantee the gear on the roof would actually stay on the roof.

Supposedly they had 1 set come in the rear screen & another spear thru the rear door-skin at stupid speeds which was obviously not a good thing, for them anyway :thumbsup:

When I worked for Dominos they told us not to go above 80km/h or the sign on the roof would blow off , well they were wrong it blew off at 90km/h