SAU Community

Zomg Kids/holden Drivers These Days

ZOMG a mate of mine said the stupidest thing to me today...

He has a VL N/A and he acquired an RB20DET, He is planning to get an EBAY turbo and he said to me he hopes for about 350RWKW not touching the internals..... i fell off my chair :(

Whats a stock RB20 internally good for?

Ask for the dyno sheet.

He hasnt started building it yet...

But a t04e if there is such a turbo (he said it about 600 - 800HP) would spool up about 6.5 to 7k RPM on an stock internals RB20 :(

Correct me if im wrong...

Tell your mate he is kidding himself.:worship:

Then promtly tell him to stick a rb30et in there with said turbo.It will be much better at holding power than the rb20det.

I dont mean no dissrespect to the rb20 or nuttin.

• 2 weeks later...

the turbo would spool up before 7k, but just ask him why he would buy a turbo that he thought wouldnt spool up to 7000rpm? even if he did get 350rwkw, it would only be for about 500rpm or so before he had to change gear, he'd be lucky to run a 15sec 1/4 mile. nothing nothing nothing nothing.................. nothing nothing 350RWKW!!!! change gear, nothing......

i rkn the internals would be ok at 250 safe, maybe 270, but it would be pushing it closer to the edge. any zoom fans out there rememebr the "Return of brains" project. he built his 31 on a budget and got 220 at the wheels througha built nissan auto, then converted to manual and got 240, with stock internals AND stock injectors

tell him not to put a RB20 in a VL.....

i did it and it was very average. go atleast a RB30ET or a RB25DET.

But, i guess he is coming from a NA VL so the he will most likely be hanging on to his seat rails the first few times he drives it ;)

i know theres a bloke on the forum whos dropped an rb26dett in a vl...

..*drools*...

i dont know if this is possible but i know its posible with the rb25/rb30 hybrids.

perhaps put the rb20 head on the rb30 block??

the low end power of the rb30 with the twin cam + turbo advantage??

i know theres a bloke on the forum whos dropped an rb26dett in a vl...

..*drools*...

i dont know if this is possible but i know its posible with the rb25/rb30 hybrids.

perhaps put the rb20 head on the rb30 block??

the low end power of the rb30 with the twin cam + turbo advantage??

cruiseliner used to have one is his vl he took it out and put it into his stagea and put the rb25 into the vl so both those engine combos are possible you see a few vl's in zoom with rb26 motors

yer i had 360rwhp rb26 in my old vl calais and since installed into a stagea. ive also had the stagea rb25 in the same vl calais as well, heres a couple of pics.

rb26+2wd+commodore chassis = sideways any gear, any speed pretty much :wave:

fun but bloody frustrating trying to run someone on the street when u are smokin first 3 gears and they are gone in a car with half the power.

4wd for life :)

101_0108.jpg

26invlshiningwithnobonnet.jpg

104_0467.jpg

gotta love that engine bay with so much room compared to my stagea.

Edited by CruiseLiner