SAU Community

I Never Have Problems With Cops (regarding My Car)?

Yawn

didn't even bother with the "RANDOM" license check, just got straight to the point, "Your car looks a bit low."

Let me see if i've got this right..... you're driving around in a car with an obviously visible defect (probably the most obvious of all defects) that can be spotted from just about any distance and you wonder why a cop does a u-turn to do a vehicle inspection??

*cough*cough*cough* wake up fella!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see if i've got this right..... you're driving around in a car with an obviously visible defect (probably the most obvious of all defects) that can be spotted from just about any distance and you wonder why a cop does a u-turn to do a vehicle inspection??

*cough*cough*cough* wake up fella!!

Hey, blink_elk was suggesting that people who get pulled over are hoons who do activities which "attract" the cops. I was just merely pointing out if he believes that he's living in a dreamworld.

And if you knew anything about me, you'd know I drive slower and calmer in my Skyline than in my dad's Commo for 2 reasons. 1. To try and keep the image of the Skyline driver not being a hoon (But not sure why I bother these days, every second Skyline driver seems to be a dickhead) 2. Fuel.

And maybe you didn't read my whole post since I did meantion that I wasn't whinging about the defect because I know I was in the wrong. That's supposedly fixed up now but my car still looks low due to the front of my car being higher - makes the ass look dumped.

Guys, excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is TMU? Is there a special TMU car that is visually different from cop cars or what?

Traffic Management Unit or TMU are traffic specific cars which are the V8 SS marked/unmarked and the same with Ford XR8 and XR6T. They also know their traffic offences inside/out and will know exactly what you can and can't have done to your car.

Hey guys just wondering, ive never had any problems with cops at all with both my old 33gts and my current 32gtr.. Is it coz im just lucky or is it coz cops in the CBD area have better things to do than pull cars over and create a traffic jam? Cops dont even give me a 2nd glance. Thats why i found it a bit strange that everyone is usually saying how their modified cars always get canaries and get harassed by the popo. Anyone else who stays in the CBD realise this?

ive owned my car for about 6 or so weeks... cops have never bothered me *touch wood*.

Then again i dont go chapel st cruises or hang out with other muzzas...

Edited by Sir-D

i believe if i cop wants to be an ass he will i have walked out of a movie once and a restraunt once aswell to find a cop waiting at my car for me like they have nothing better to do.

but in saying that there r cool cops i have been let off wit a bit of shit.

Including 1 time i came around a corner a bit 2 sideways got pulled over had a talk and then wen i was leaving the cop said "dont be shy, into it"

• 2 weeks later...

90% of the time i drive like a nanna.

10% of the time i let the arse slide out a little, bearing in mind that i only EVER do it when i am 100% certain that i have no chance of involving anyone else in any accident if i do lose control.

that said, i've been pulled up a couple of times for random licence checks. the funniest was the first as the cop pulled me over, asked for my licence, asked me to pop the hood. we proceeded to have a lengthy discussion about the mods i've done to it ( 3" turbo back exhaust, intercooler, pod etc etc etc ) and he then proceeded to say "well damn this is a nice car indeed, just don't dint it!"...i was so shocked that i didn't get defected ( and yes i'll admit that there are things i could be defected for ) and that he actually APPRECIATED my car i almost died on the spot.

i think you'll find that ( area depending of course ) most cops are nice people who just wanna make sure everything is OK, there are very few that will take issue with you for being an import driver, REGARDLESS of wether or not you are in the right / wrong.

nah.. you'll allwways be right round the cbd area.. police have far more important things to do around there... and will not "randomly" pull you over unless you do something wrong or your car looks completly unroadworthy....

where i live.. is a quite, safe suburban town.. police are bored and have nothing better to do then pull p platers and hot cars over!

-Ruffels

• 9 months later...

lmao, i did in fact jinx myself. Your warning was a year too late i guess :) I get stopped almost every single time a cop around my area sees me now, just for random check ups.

All that just because my P plates fell off my window once and they caught me for that. They seem to think im going to keep repeating the offence and theyve been stopping me ever since. The fact that i live 100m from a police station doesnt help either i guess :)

Funny but true story: A couple of months ago my license was suspended due to loss of demerit points but luckily it coincided with my trip back to Malaysia. After spending a month or so in Malaysia, my gf who had been using my car calls me up and tells me a policeman came over to my house and left a card. She calls the guy back and he was super pissed off, accusing me of driving my car during my license suspension. He describes the scene and my gf immediately knew it was her in the car instead of me. My gf tried explaining the situation that i wasnt in the country but he was so persistent that he had seen me driving.

Its like their so sure i'm gonna be breaking the law, when in truth i would nvr drive dangerously or speed because of the simple fact that I cannot afford the fines. Haha oh well i guess lesson learnt for me :rofl:

Funny but true story: A couple of months ago my license was suspended due to loss of demerit points but luckily it coincided with my trip back to Malaysia. After spending a month or so in Malaysia, my gf who had been using my car calls me up and tells me a policeman came over to my house and left a card. She calls the guy back and he was super pissed off, accusing me of driving my car during my license suspension. He describes the scene and my gf immediately knew it was her in the car instead of me. My gf tried explaining the situation that i wasnt in the country but he was so persistent that he had seen me driving.

Its like their so sure i'm gonna be breaking the law, when in truth i would nvr drive dangerously or speed because of the simple fact that I cannot afford the fines. Haha oh well i guess lesson learnt for me :pirate:

How does one lose their license due to loss of demerit points, if they don't speed or drive dangerously?

Its like their so sure i'm gonna be breaking the law, when in truth i would nvr drive dangerously or speed because of the simple fact that I cannot afford the fines. Haha oh well i guess lesson learnt for me :)

So what happened with the Policeman, did he just leave a card to say "I have seen you, beware" or was it official Police business? If he was persistant, it would sound like there is more to come where you might have to prove you weren't in the country.

Hey guys just wondering, ive never had any problems with cops at all with both my old 33gts and my current 32gtr.. Is it coz im just lucky or is it coz cops in the CBD area have better things to do than pull cars over and create a traffic jam? Cops dont even give me a 2nd glance. Thats why i found it a bit strange that everyone is usually saying how their modified cars always get canaries and get harassed by the popo. Anyone else who stays in the CBD realise this?

I always drive my car in the CBD, the cops do look at my car but after seeing that i got a stock exaust on they dont even bother but more admire the car.

Ive been pulled over only 2 times since owning my car which i have had now for a year and a half, half the cops always ask me what i have done to the car and admire it, while the other half are picking things on it to defect, in all that they have always let me go and just advise me what i need to do to make it road worthy so i dont have any problems later on.

Edited by XXX-33