SAU Community

Stagea Owners

munchstagea

How many Stagea owners does it take...  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boost mod is to cut the black wire on the boost control solenoid and earth the part of that wire coming from the solenoid to the body. The connector part going back to the ecu remains cut.

Normally you have only 4psi of boost before 4500rpm, then it goes to 7psi. Using this mod gives you the full 7psi at all times.

Hmm, interesting... and if you find it's too heavy on petrol consumption i'm assuming it is reversible?

umm yeah I guess you could reverse it but there is no way you would want to....it gets rid of the "laggy" feeling and makes it responsive everywhere as it should be.

boosting it up to 10-12psi would be even better but this is a simple no cost 1/2hr mod.

re fuel economy its mostly attached to your foot. my fuel economy is already appalling so I can't see it getting much worse.

hmmm i havent done this boost mod, i think i may have to do it

dont worry about cutting anything just get a manual boost controller($22 b/c or power up) 10psi & youve got a new car

Hi all

There doesn't appear to be any New Zealand forums regarding these great wagons, so...

I just bought a 1996 Stagea RS FOUR V with 128kms on the odo, basically stock with a few small mods...

A very sweet car!! I love the performance, seems to have more "Real" power then the Subaru Legacies I was test driving.

one thing I have not figured out yet is how to re-hook up the boost control solenoid, as the previous owner was experimenting with boost controller but removed it and just dummied off the solenoid and hooked up the vacuum line straight to the wastegate actuater...

So if anyone has a picture or diagram of where the original vacuum lines went on the RB25DET boost control solenoid... that would be great, cheers!

Gaspard

Hi all

There doesn't appear to be any New Zealand forums regarding these great wagons, so...

I just bought a 1996 Stagea RS FOUR V with 128kms on the odo, basically stock with a few small mods...

A very sweet car!! I love the performance, seems to have more "Real" power then the Subaru Legacies I was test driving.

one thing I have not figured out yet is how to re-hook up the boost control solenoid, as the previous owner was experimenting with boost controller but removed it and just dummied off the solenoid and hooked up the vacuum line straight to the wastegate actuater...

So if anyone has a picture or diagram of where the original vacuum lines went on the RB25DET boost control solenoid... that would be great, cheers!

Gaspard

skylines downunder,stagea forum, boost control go to forced induction forum type in manual boost controller and look for plumbing in my mbc pretty clear pics

skylines downunder,stagea forum, boost control go to forced induction forum type in manual boost controller and look for plumbing in my mbc pretty clear pics

Thanks, i'll have a look in there.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi 97 series 2 motor looking for split dump found just japs 33gtst would not fit. any recomendations?
hmm that sucks I was going to buy one for my s1. where/how doesn't it fit?
yes it would fit, there have been a few stagea owners buy the just jap kits an fit them

I've just bought one from JustJap too, but haven't fitted it yet.

I was told that to install it you have to make sure you put the bottom two nuts/bolts on BEFORE the others, or you won't have enough free-play to get them on later. This is apparently where most people seem to have problems. Are your issues with fitting it different to that, and if so, how?

If your Stagea is a 97, that means it has the s2 R33 Skyline motor with the plastic compressor wheel, but the actual turbo is not different enough between s1 and s2 R33s to make a difference to how they attach.

I've just bought one from JustJap too, but haven't fitted it yet.

I was told that to install it you have to make sure you put the bottom two nuts/bolts on BEFORE the others, or you won't have enough free-play to get them on later. This is apparently where most people seem to have problems. Are your issues with fitting it different to that, and if so, how?

If your Stagea is a 97, that means it has the s2 R33 Skyline motor with the plastic compressor wheel, but the actual turbo is not different enough between s1 and s2 R33s to make a difference to how they attach.

yeah got castle hill exhaust to make 3inch exhaust and fit dump at same time. they said twas 30 plus mm shy at flange, hitting on floor. i hope they didnt get it wrong coz i already got refund. also i have been told 34 dump is the way to go but no one makes em.(that i know of)

Hi 97 series 2 motor looking for split dump found just japs 33gtst would not fit. any recomendations?

if you have'nt already got one worth look'n at a ces split pipe, well made and good power :D

M35 250t RS FOUR

Pearl Blue

Leather etc.

Stock... for now, but still enough to leave a current gen WRX wondering what happened. :D

'bloody volvo drivers'.....wheres your pic's

ps i'm sure your enjoying that ride.

yesyes .... pics please - love the newer ones!!

Whenisthenextqldmeet??? I have no idea how to organise these shindigs, and have pretty much zero rapport on these forums so far, but am willing to make it happen if I know what what's expected of me........

yesyes .... pics please - love the newer ones!!

Whenisthenextqldmeet??? I have no idea how to organise these shindigs, and have pretty much zero rapport on these forums so far, but am willing to make it happen if I know what what's expected of me........

it's easy you supply beer and steaks we supply the spot, last one was at southport, it would be only fair if the next one be somewhere round brissie :sorcerer:

cool. sounds easy - will look into the where.....anyone have any suggestions???? I have no idea when it comes to brisbane..... happy to feed and water the masses, if that's what it takes.....

cool. sounds easy - will look into the where.....anyone have any suggestions???? I have no idea when it comes to brisbane..... happy to feed and water the masses, if that's what it takes.....

lol you've dont it now as soon as we post up the site all these other nissan tragics are gunna crash us

ps on a more serious note so not to hijack this thread we should start another thread asking for expressions of intererst in another qld meet......i'm keen