SAU Community

Rb26 Atessa A31 Possible ?

robots

Hi, Guys !

I'm new here, so don't give me hard time due to my first post :D.

Studying in China, Beijing right now. And had this stupid idea bugging my head for a couple of months.

They have a31 here (Rb20de and rb24e carby). There are all LHD.

So I've been thinking if I get one a31 and get all the gt-r running gear into the car. I know with the right money everything's possible, but has anyone done it before ?

I've seen jz, rb26 powered a31, but I'm deffinetly sure there were no 4wd ones.

I've heard that the RB26 front cv joints won't be able to reach the hubs, due to different suspension geometry etc.

Can some one please clear those things up for me, so I won't have any stupid ideas anymore ? lol

Thanks in advance!

Cefiros came out with atessa out of the factory, rare as but yuup, came out from factory with rb20det's

they were the Nissan Cefiro SE-4

chassis code ELNA31.

so if you found one of these theres no reason you wouldnt be able 2 bolt up an rb26 to it. :D

Edited by KICKIN

Importing one is a huge problem. And RHDs are banned here ? Stupid laws. For stupid people :D

So if I will have to do the work by myself. What should I really look into ? Swap the whole GTR suspension ? It's like building one from scrap lol :ermm:

I have one of these elna31's :) its currently running a gtr32 g/b as they came as 100% factory auto i was thinkin of doing the rb26 attessa thing with it but im just gonna drop the whole lot out and make it rb25 rwd :)

ANd they also have the exact same double wishbone setup as the 32's not the og s13 style

wanna buy it :)

Edited by etbenno

• 1 month later...

Sorry for diggin up and old post, and sorry if it seems a silly question...

But......do the A31 Ceffys, in RWD guise, use the same strut front end (or simmilar to) an S13? And the AWD use the same as an R32? Or do all Ceffys use the same R32 wishbone style suspension?

Hmmmmm.........

Interesting....as the S13 front suspension fits into an R31......And I have been toying with the thought of an AWD r31 using the A31 AWD gear....that was assuming the AWD front end was like the S13 front end may have made my job easier.

Well....Not much has happened....I have a 26 powered R31 and have been thinking of doing the AWD for some time now.

Realisitcally I am doing as much background working out as I can before I do anything.

a group in the US is putting an RB26DETT and AWD drivetrain into an S14, so if you put your mind to it, and have the $$$ to back it up, then it should be possible.

But yeah, converting a RWD cef to AWD is a bit of a waste of time, when you can already buy AWD ceffy chassis from factory. There's heaps of em in the snowy/mountain areas of japan.

As for AWD R31... hmmm nice idea, but isn't the Nissan Langley 4WD GT pretty much the same?