SAU Community

Project Cosmo (not Aristo Anymore)

B-Man

lol i just contactd j-spec and paid my deposit. im going to sell my 32 gts-t and get an aristo

maybe something like this one but completely stock

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=6840

its going to be a beast that will give a good 800hps before you need to worry about the internals.

looking for leather and sunroof options as well myself.

will kick some major ass

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard that it's best to import a dead stock grandma spec car. No rims, no exhaust, etc. Somebody I was speaking to has had major issues with compliance due to non standard suspension, a set of rims and an aftermarket exhaust.....

Hey - Nice one - I have will be paying my deposit next week. I think I will use Geoff at Prestige cause he has imported 3 other cars for me and always does the right thing. (Not that J-SPec don'e of course)

Ryan, Geoff told me no probs with wheels etc - as long as everything is returned to stock for compliance (Which adds cost of course). But say with a set of wheels - easy to put stocks on - save heaps over buying a set.

Perhaps suspension, body kits, engine bay stuff is not the go as too expansive to swap over and swap back

only 1 place does compliance atm and its in queensland. so as d0p3y said it is best to get a bog stock one. i talked to the guys that do the compliance and they wont do it unless its totally stock (even rims). so less your in quensland doing a switch is kinda imposible.

Bugga - what a crock.

Thanks for the heads up !

Looks like stock it is !

But I aint gettin one with that horrible tan interior. !

I'm gonna get a dead stocker too B-Man. Like I said, the importers say things like rims will be fine but I've heard from the compliance workshops and people who've imported them directly that they don't even accept non standard rims.

On the plus side I guess you can get a low KM grandpa car in perfect nick :P

Oh.. and the guy I was speaking to is due to pick his up next week... will let you know what he has to say about it as a car..

Edited by d0p3y

Cool - keep us posted.

I think I will have all my 'go fast bits' before the car arrives and is complied.

This is the list so far:

HKS TO4Z kit - Turbo, Manifold, Wastegate, Intake

Sard Fuel rail & 800cc injectors

Duel Fuel pumps system

Blitz or HKS Cooler kit

Blitz or Custom Exhaust

HKS Cams 264/264

Jun Cam Gears

Greddy E-Manage Utimate OR AEM ECU

Blitz SBCid3 Boost Control

MV Stage II tricked auto& Tranny cooler

HKS - Timing Belt

Still working out Suspension and Wheels

Project Aristo looks like it will be scrapped aftera long hard reality check.

$15K on the car $20K+ in modifications $35K total. When done, the car will be worth like $18k or less (as by then everyone will be imnporting them).

Purpose - spending $35K on a car to take it to the drags once a month is a damn expensive hobby. And I know myself - if I am not getting the times - I would go spending another $15K on it to try and get the times. $50K.

So when reality set in, and I asked myself, what do do I really want in a car, I came up with this !

tm18.jpg

Cheaper insurance

Looks

Style

Engineering

Performance

Cheaper outright purchase

Cons are - higher than normal running costs (repairs, parts, etc) but not as expensive a putting a T04Z on a 2J :):woot:

Bman, if i was looking for a new fun car I would buy this:

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=6938

nice stereo, RSR works engine conversion, all the good bits. Would be great fun to cruise around in and can you imagine turning up to a track day in it...lol

Damn it's sold !

Who the hell would by a Mighty Boy for $11K - nuts ! Nuts ! Even nuttier than buying a Porsche 928S - Beautiful piece of engineering - Style Class - 220rwkw performance from a 20 year old car - that WILL pul the chicks.

V8 POWA ! !

I wonder if you can get and HKS twin GT-RS kit for a 928S ? Yeah Baby !

Damn it's sold !

Who the hell would by a Mighty Boy for $11K - nuts ! Nuts ! Even nuttier than buying a Porsche 928S - Beautiful piece of engineering - Style Class - 220rwkw performance from a 20 year old car - that WILL pul the chicks.

V8 POWA ! !

I wonder if you can get and HKS twin GT-RS kit for a 928S ? Yeah Baby !

Porsche is a good car, but have you considered the cost of maintenance?

$3000-$5000 per year.

Cost to insure a fully worked Aristo ???? About the same.

Resale value - Much better with the Porsche.

Market - not the same as a Skyline / Supra / Aristo. 40+ yo guys that have no objection in spending $$ on their prides and joy.

BTW - It's a rare manual ! :)