SAU Community

Rb25det Mods

$1000 for splitfires?

$600 delivered, worst case $640

No point changing coil packs until the ones you have die.

all they are is a replacement coil pack. They wont offer a performance gain unless the ones you have now are dead

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Splitfires is really considered as a power mod, it is really just insurance against coil-pack problems which seem to plague Skylines. Although they do claim more power in the top end.

Split fires are about $580, not $1k.

well over here in the uk I've seen em for 320quid or more which sounds quite high anyhow to be honest. I'm gonna try taping mine up and the like first and see if the sticky thread advice helps me out - if it fixes it temporarily I know any hesitancy is down to em being shafted really :P

for 1k...there are probably some better power mods u can do instead of getting some spitfires...

Yer I wouldn't be doing it for power as they don't increase power. ;)

Eventually stock coils let go... If I can get something for them while they are working perfectly fine why not.

lol that got a reaction...bit loose with my 1k i guess..600...arh well close to 1k in my book ;)

I though we were talking about making get more power so I just assumed this was the reason.

didn't knwo they were onlt 500...might get some I seriosuly thought they were 1k haha

hey guys, in my last post I said I were after a power FC. well it seems trying to get one of these in the uk is near impossible. I could buy brand new but its a bit out my price range (looking to spend £450 at most really) - I seen one for sale but its for an R33GTR - will it work with the 33gtst? I can get a hand controller easily enough spare for a cheap price so thats cool.

I know this question has prob been answered numerous timeses but i've been in the office since monday night and not slept yet so quite cabbaged!!

please help - really wanting to get this bought and get it to thetuners garge thanx

ant

newacastle

uk

I say this in pretty much every R33 Gts-t upgrade thread because I've gone through it all myself.

Either way, I found my exact price list so I can give everyone an idea of what it costs to upgrade your R33. These prices are drive in and drive away prices from WASP on the Gold Coast with tuning at PITS (expensive, but arguably the best). This was over a year ago.

Garret 300x600 fmic kit $1,600 + $330 install

Wolf3Dv4 $1,550 + $198 install

ITS 460 T04e Custom $2,000 + $396 install

Apexi Power Filter $220

Bleed Valve $70

Fuel Pump $220

GFB Skyline Steath FX BOV $350

Malpassi Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Reg $170

Platinum Spark Plugs $132

Oil (Mobil 1 Synth S 10w40) $42

Ryco Oil Filter $16

Front Brake Pads $85

Machine Front Rotors $55

Various Clamps and Fittings $15

Spacer Plate for turbo $50

Silicon Down pipes from Pod Filter to Turbo $250

Oil line for turbo $165

Exhaust Dumpipe, Front Pipe, 3in High Flow Cat $715

Service $66

Dyno Tune $847

Total $9,542

So if you don't want to source parts yourself or do any of the work, this is what you can look at paying. The work done was abobroad minded personely perfect and every mechanic who's looked at the car since has commented on how well everything is set up. Also, this is a higher price than average for a tune but Matt Spry's work is second to none which can be seen in the driveability of the car. It's literally perfect.

This gave me around 240rwkw which was limited by 16psi of boost due to the stock injectors.

Also, after a few hours of driving the clutch was completely rooted so I had to add another $1300 to have this done as well but now it's great.

So for average joe, you'll need about $10k to do a turbo upgrade.

thanks Dee - I just got PM'd from a chap on here whos a trader - his sau name is gR33ddy and he's offered me a powerFC and commander for my 33gtst for a good price (uk's prices are ballistic guys - cant wait to get out of this country!!) so thats a couple hundred quid saved right away hehehe!

would love to but dont want 500bhp and nitrous.... yet hahaha!

I'm Happy buying the bits as I need em and learning something as they're fitted i'm only looking for 360-400bhp maximum really but I'd be happy with an extra 50bhp on standard. I've only got a decat pipe, hks pod and kakimoto back box. I've just been speakin to a chap on here and am gonna get the apexi power FC from him at end of this month - it really needs that and a tune up first

Okay, I've just seen this thread and I've got a few things to add.

I realised why I didn't run better numbers at the Dyno day....

I was running my street rear muffler which is legal noise but kills the top end something fierce.

With the Flapper Valve fixed, my car is a monster. I make full boost, well above 1bar on the street at 3000rpm on the stock tacho. I would think that I am making 1.2 bar at a smigen above 3000rpm. Not far at all.

I think that I will pick up a considerable amount in the midrange from this fix.

Second... Price.

My car was previously for sale, but it's not now :D

Have a look at the llist of mods and the price of each mod. Remembering that is doesn't include any labour.....

Engine

Stanard internals

Tomie Poncams, 260 Degree duration, 9.16 lift ($950)

HKS Adjustable Exhaust Cam Wheel, set at 0 ($150)

Nismo 480cc injectors ($900)

HKS Front Mount Kit ($1500)

GCG High Flow ($1950)

BATMBL Split front dump ($450)

Race Pace Super High Flow Cat ($250)

Fujitsubo Power Getter Exhaust ($1000)

Street rear pipe which gives exactly 90dB ($400)

Meridian Motorsports Oil Cooler Kit ($450)

Bass Junky Bits Radiator Deflector :dry: ($80)

Splitfire Coil Packs ($650)

PowerFC and hand controller ($1000)

Tune by Race Pace ($750)

Total Spent on Engine bay mods $10,480 odd

Drivetrain and Suspension

Whiteline Springs ($500)

Koni Adjustable Gas Shocks ($1200)

Whiteline Front and Rear Sway bars, adjustable both ends ($500)

Whiteline Rear Camber Kit ($200)

Whiteline Sub Frame Locking Kit ($100)

Whiteline Front Camber Kit ($200)

Whiteline Front Offset Castor Rod Bushes

Geoffs Hicas Locking Bar

Exedy Sports Tuff Clutch ($400)

Brand New Kaaz 1.5 Way LSD ($1500)

Buddy Club P1 Racing Rims in Hyper Gold

Hankook K104 Ventus Sport tyres, 50% tread front and rear

Total Spent on Suspension and Drivelilne mods $4,600 odd

Don't forget the other three tunes I had on the PFC as the mods grew, factor in another $500.

So. $15k to get 300rwkw is a bargin when you really look at it.

With a built engine at $7k easy (that's if you build an engine that hasn't blown up previously) plus a big f**k off turbo which you'll need for a daily driver with a GENUINE 300rwkw, a fat power curve (not a peak at 300 at 8000rpm) and an engine that you can drive however you like and not worry about spitting a rod out of the block.

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go.

BASS OUT

Sourcing the major parts yourself with save you quite a bit but you really have to account for things like lines for the turbo and adapters etc. which you can see came into play in my above quote.

I could have saved $500 if I sourced the ECU myself (PowerFC) and another $700ish if I used a hybrid intercooler kit instead of the Garrett but the Garret kit is superb. Polished pipes with silicon joiners as well as no cutting of the front required to the vehicle. The intercooler fits perfectly behind the front bumper support so no cutting required here at all.

Now all I need to do is convince myself that I should spend $3k to get cams and injectors done (puchase, install, retune). This should let me run close to 20psi boost and get me well over 250rwkw with the extra torque from the cams as well.

Mmmm... spend money on car or save for house... Life sucks. I need more money.