SAU Community

Dangerous Driving Nonsense

I've read reports that suggest that advanced driver training for young people would cause more accidents then it would prevent. in my mind the jury was out on that one, but after posts like the ones i've read here, the reports have a really good point.

here's some other interesting points that few would like to realise

1: the demograph of people who think that they are the best drivers on the road (males 17-25) are actually the ones who are most likely to die in a crash.

2: "Ban Low-Performance Drivers, NOT High-Performance Cars"

DRIVING A HIGH PERFORMANCE CAR DOES NOT MAKE YOU A HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVER. infact there are many people who drive high performance cars becaue they are insecure or have something to prove, these are really dangerous drivers because of their impulsiveness and aggression.

3: these 'car enthuasts' who keep blaming poor roads for accidents (what a weak as piss excuse) saying the government needs to spend more on them, only to get pissed off when the government actually tries to raise revenue.

4. the death toll from driving is actually comming down. it was higher in the 70's when there where higher speed limits, no cameras and less RBT's.

i could go on.

people like blaming other people because it's way more comfortable then taking resposobility for your own actions

Allow me to point out a few things too.

More, and better seatbelts in cars, side intrustion bars, crumple zones, abs, airbags, better crash testing...

Id say those have had a bigger effect on bringing the road toll down.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha... wow.... I dont know what to say... but I like the last bit

"Ban Low-Performance Drivers, NOT High-Performance Cars"

Which I think is very true… I have been driving for the past 12 years, I started when I was 15. I have come across so many bad drivers in my life.. I mean I get them everyday on the road when I go to work and back. Some of them are just so dame hopeless and I really wonder how heck did they get the license and who the F*** pass them.

These people can do so much damage to others and them self all the time. I know its bad to say that they shouldn’t be driving … but it just pisses me off so much sometime which I feel like getting out and kick their A**.

I know I did the wrong thing by having my mate in the car and speeding. And also I know if something go wrong its bye bye baby… but I guess I took my chance. Once again I really don’t know what to say about the above topic coz we all love to speed and push our cars to the MAX to see how well we could do. Otherwise why would we all go and bye sport cars and put turbo’s and do all the MODS? Why ? so that we could all spend so much money on them and just drive it @ 60 km/h ? I don’t think so.

So I think everyone whos out there telling that dude off .. I would say u all have done it.. I mean speed. So you should all know how good it feels when you push you car to the limit. So think again and u might change your mind. I know it’s a big risk and we can all get others kills sometimes. But if someone is meant to die he/she will die anyhow when the time comes. But I would say if had no reason to speed then DON’T. but if you have some competition then I guess go 4 it and take a chance. I mean thatz life … u have to take a chance … but dude if u just did 116 Km/h on 60 just for nothing, dude … I just don’t know….

Well that’s what I have to say and once again its just what I think and that just my opinion. Anyways take care everyone and always think again. Well safe speeding even if there is no such thing as that.

*Gihan* :ermm:

You were doing 210km/h with 3 other people in the car and the road wasn't even empty? To use your own words - Some people are just so damn hopeless. I really wonder how heck did they get the license and who the F*** pass them

I've read reports that suggest that advanced driver training for young people would cause more accidents then it would prevent. in my mind the jury was out on that one, but after posts like the ones i've read here, the reports have a really good point.

here's some other interesting points that few would like to realise

1: the demograph of people who think that they are the best drivers on the road (males 17-25) are actually the ones who are most likely to die in a crash.

2: "Ban Low-Performance Drivers, NOT High-Performance Cars"

DRIVING A HIGH PERFORMANCE CAR DOES NOT MAKE YOU A HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVER. infact there are many people who drive high performance cars becaue they are insecure or have something to prove, these are really dangerous drivers because of their impulsiveness and aggression.

3: these 'car enthuasts' who keep blaming poor roads for accidents (what a weak as piss excuse) saying the government needs to spend more on them, only to get pissed off when the government actually tries to raise revenue.

4. the death toll from driving is actually comming down. it was higher in the 70's when there where higher speed limits, no cameras and less RBT's.

i could go on.

people like blaming other people because it's way more comfortable then taking resposobility for your own actions

Don't take my word as gospel, but I'm pretty sure the road toll has remained stagnant for about 8 to 10 years or so. Yes it was steadily dropping through the 70's, 80's and 90's with the introduction of ABS brakes, new tyre technology etc. But despite massive advancements in both passenger car safety standards, improvements in medical technology, and a massive focal shift towards targeting "dangerous" speeding drivers, the road toll has indeed remained stagnant.

With rising population and people on the roads percentage wise that would mean its been decreasing? Or is the stagnant figure based on percentages???

And to old mate driving for 12 years, well done. I've been driving for 5. Worked out the error in my ways, worked out I should consider myself lucky to be alive. And Im going to try and put something back so others can hopefully learn from my mistakes and not their own.

BTW 12 + 15 = 27. You are 27 years old and still have the boy racer mentality. Dude, most 27yos I know are married and about to have kids, not still acting like they are superman.

So what determines the speed limit?

It can’t be stopping distance, otherwise why does a 2.5 tonne Land Cruiser have the right to do the same speed as I do, in a car that weighs less than half that, with twice the braking performance?

It can’t be manoeuvrability, for exactly the same reason.

It can’t be maintenance, I bet my cars are maintained far above the average land Cruiser.

The issue is the reality that everyone knows, some drivers and cars are safer at 100 kph than some other drivers and cars at 60 kph. That’s a fact, but there is no method that recognises it. The speed camera still goes flash at 60 kph, no matter what I am driving, how well my car is maintained or how good a driver I am.

So I am constrained to the same ridiculously low speed limits because me and my car are being judged by the lowest common denominator.

:thumbsup: cheers :/

no the laws have to take into account all on the road and create a meduim.

"why cant we go faster and the others go slower" i hear u say, well how safe cud it be to have some cars going at 100k's and some doing 50k's all in one zone, it would be absolute kaos. u then have to take into consideration people making mistakes and changing lanes into a lane which has a car going 100ks while ur doing 50ks etc. its just plain stupid.

people wrap themselvs around a pole not because they want to but because they have asked to much of their vehicle or just glitched out some how, if your saying you want to drive faster then i hope you do and lose your license for even longer.

i can understanding speeding in controlled conditions (big long smooth road in an area that is not built up) if you speed anywhere else then your just plain asking for it

something tells me that when you get your license back you WONT speed again. despite who you are trying to impress in your passenger seat.