SAU Community

Electronic Seat Belt Thing!?

my car was imported ealrier this year its a 96 na anyway when i was cleaning it i noticed a thick wire going to the seat belt then under the carpet on both front seats?

would this be some crazy useless jap invention to make the car beep or not work if you dont have your seatbelt on? either way it doesnt do anything on mine s its no big deal

the car has that anoying beep beep beep crap whenever im in reverse,have the door open or leave lights on its so anoying its not a truck!

If its a single wire its more then likely a seatbelt warning lamp sensor.

If its a twin wire purple/yellow colour connector its the seat belt pre-tensioner that works with the air bag system and shouldn't ever be touched.

well, this is kinda off topic, but a mate of mine bought a 33 GTS-4 and whenever the doors are open, the hazard lights come on until u close the door.... i always tell him to take it back coz it sh*ts me, but he never does, any ideas what it might be/what wires i should cut? :P

my gts4 buzzes like all phuck when i open the door turn on the lights put in in reverse and so on, DAMN THOSE JAPS! its so anoying as i dont know much about wires or anything i will have to pay an auto elec to get it out

unless someone on here has done it before and could do it cheaper? (in melbourne)

I have an r33 gts-4, just beeps if i have door open whilst keys are left in ignition. Doesn't beep when I'm reversing or turn the hazard lights on when I open the door though..

My car has loose wires (not connected) under both of the front seats, not sure exactly what they're for though. Something to do with seatbelts I think.

my stagea does the same, beeps in reverse (was an auto dunno if that makes a difference), beeps when lights are on and when u leave keys in ignition but have doors open.

the beeping is from a little black box just above the fusebox next to your right knee, only trouble is it controls all central locking etc as well, but one wire must be the beeping one (or maybe 3 seperate wires) so its possible to rip it out.

good luck

One of my mates was made to put a reverse beeper in his car by his mother (Very very funny I know!) All it is is a replacement bulb beleive it or not that beeps when the light gets lit! So to get rid of the reverse beep I am betting all you have to do is replace the reverse light bulbs with normal ones! (Probably only one of them actually!)

Here's another interesting one for you -- When I open my driver side door after driving for any period of time, I hear a thumping sound from around the seatbelt area. It sounds like a seatbelt tightening system going off because I feel a slight pull through the seatbelt!!? Very weird...

Any ides?

the seat belt tensioner system is a one off use only, you will no when it goes off. have to replace it afterwards.

Here's another interesting one for you -- When I open my driver side door after driving for any period of time, I hear a thumping sound from around the seatbelt area. It sounds like a seatbelt tightening system going off because I feel a slight pull through the seatbelt!!? Very weird...

Any ides?

I have seen these wires under the seat they are for the seat belt warning light...

but my favourite noise is the dinging you get when going over 100km

seriously cool :)

Mine beeps in reverse and if you open the door with the keys in the ignition...used to beep at 100km/h but fixed that, used to cut at 185km/h, fixed that too.

Caz.. :)

your car beeps when it's in reverse? never heard of that before..

skylines are techo

it only beeps in the cabin, not outside, so its not a bulb,

it will beep when u leave the keys in and the lights on,

u cant pull the keys out if u dont have it in park (auto)

and u cant put it into gear out of park unless u toutch the brakes(auto)

u feel the seat belt move a lil when u do certain things so there are tensioners,