SAU Community

Leather Vinyl Seat Covers Confirm Only!

_MRR33

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys dieing waiting?

You bet, I'm going overseas for a month on 1st September, so I may not get them for some time yet :rofl:

Might have to give them a call to see if I can get them a day or two early (if they're ready)

Edited by CNR33

Now that the delivery is getting closer, what the final word on installing these. I'm pretty sure everyone will be doing the seats themselves, but what about the door trims? Are we all gonna have a go at installing these too? If not, anyone know someone who can install the door trim pieces into and R34 GT-T?

Cheers.

Also, found an auto trimmer here in Brisbane. They aparently do all of brisbane bmw and porsche and have worked on imports before.

Anyway I'm gonna get them out, let you all know what they are like.

Edited by OzanMakinaci

wtf? Do it yourself .... you do not have to take off the old covers - you just slip the new covers over your existing seats .... how hard can it be?

Yeah you'll find out 3-6 months down they will start to slide around and not fit properly, get it done properly the first time have it nearly as good as factory.

And yes I would rather pay to get it done properly, need to get door trims done too.

Yeah you'll find out 3-6 months down they will start to slide around and not fit properly, get it done properly the first time have it nearly as good as factory.

And yes I would rather pay to get it done properly, need to get door trims done too.

man!!!!!!! do it urself.... farrrk :)

IMO, it's not worth it.

The idea of these seat covers being that the price is moderately less than a proper leather retrim.

If you've gone for the premium package - 630 + 3-400 to install it, then that's 1k. I know it's still less than a leather retrim, but at the end of the day, they'll never be as good as a leather retrim for 2 main reasons:

1. they're plastic.

2. leather retrims sew pockets into the back of the leather, and they refit the metal rods that are in the stock seat covers. They use hog rings all over the seats and velcro such that it actually hugs the contours of the seats.

have you noticed in the pics that these covers are just limp?

Manwhore, i suppose you might be able to glue it, but it'll mean that the covers can never be changed otherwise the foam will be damaged.

I have friends involved in retrimming and they suggested i just do it myself as the outcome will be the same for those reasons mentioned above.

Oh man, if you wanted a professionally installed leather interior, then you should have gone to a trimmer, these are seat covers and are therefore meant to be slipped over the origional seat trims for a good fit, unless you dont take care of them or put them on properly the first time then you wont have any problems with them.

As for door trims, they are easy as to install, man if someone wants me to install them in sydney then let me know, i custom cut, glued and made my red italian leather door trims and they look awesome! just got a few pointers from a mate that did his interior in vynal and i was off.. no problems at all....