SAU Community

Friday Night At Grevillea Park

I'm skipping out on tonight - but will hopefully be there next Friday with Rosie if all goes to plan. So is Eiji just checking the carpark out or is everyone tracking over there?

What are people's thoughts if I created a FB page in regards to fan-made events?* (Non official events). This page will post up Friday night meet times / places and even a poll for "Who is going" or a post. People can show their interest and a mutual place can be agreed upon instead of 50% going to Grevillea and 50% going to another place. This place will also host and post fan-made SAU cruises - times, dates, location and all. I know a lot of people don't browse SAU but still go to meet ups nonetheless - but most people tend to chill on FB - the idea is to address a bigger crowd of people.

*Fan-made events meaning insurance will not be provided on the day etc - there was confusion on official SAU events and people "meeting up for a BBQ". I'll be aiming for the "Meeting up for a BBQ" crowd.

Let me know what people think.

Edited by HelgaR33

I'm skipping out on tonight - but will hopefully be there next Friday with Rosie if all goes to plan. So is Eiji just checking the carpark out or is everyone tracking over there?

What are people's thoughts if I created a FB page in regards to fan-made events?* (Non official events). This page will post up Friday night meet times / places and even a poll for "Who is going" or a post. People can show their interest and a mutual place can be agreed upon instead of 50% going to Grevillea and 50% going to another place. This place will also host and post fan-made SAU cruises - times, dates, location and all. I know a lot of people don't browse SAU but still go to meet ups nonetheless - but most people tend to chill on FB - the idea is to address a bigger crowd of people.

*Fan-made events meaning insurance will not be provided on the day etc - there was confusion on official SAU events and people "meeting up for a BBQ". I'll be aiming for the "Meeting up for a BBQ" crowd.

Let me know what people think.

When is there ever confusion? There are a lot of people here that are not on Facebook and this forum format has been working fine. I wouldn't mind having the info on Facebook but if it's managed poorly, I'm going to ignore it. Also, I'm pretty sure some "Official SAU meet" events don't have insurance.

Polls are not helpful either. There are people that vote and they don't even participate. The people that regularly turn up at the Friday night meet already know we have been looking for a winter/rain spot. If you want to meet at Grevillea that's fine, everything is pretty much "Not Official" here. We've been thinking and looking for an alternative for over a year.

We've check out the carpark last week and going to trail it. I don't expect everyone to turn up but as I said most of the people that regularly attend are aware of this change. I'm sure people will still be at Gravillea and we will be there if this carpark falls through.

Twitter is for 14 year old's Rob. I'm now concerned as to why you're on Twitter. lol

It was when SAU was Crapping out all the time and you could see progress updates on Twitter... That is all I soooo Swear.

9pm

Weather Temp- 10°C

Chance of Rain- 10%

Cloud Cover- 63%

Wind- 8km/h

Dew Point- 9°C

Humidity- 92%

The weather for Friday - Carpark or Park?

Note: Chance of rain is 10% and cloud cover is 63%

If I get Rosie back in time with no hassles - should be home by 3pm - I'll make the trip out to the meet.

Edited by HelgaR33

I prob won't come to the carpark scene... Itl get too much attention for my liking tbh. If security decided to call the cops instead they would have a field day with defects. Seriously hope that doesn't happen though.

Hahaha... Last time I was kicked out of a carpark by security, I was Skating it... That was a fun place.

Last time security called the cops because me n mates were in a carpark, I ended up with a Court Date and a 12 mnth good behaviour Bond.

I'm getting too old for that stuff. :(