3inch dump pipe and exhaust

Z32 airflow meter and pod

gtr fuel pump

front mount cooler

blitz boost controller

high flow ball bearing 450hp turbo from turbo australia

standard manifolds

on 10psi it made 251rwhp but ran into nock problems

at 13deg timing could not run any more boost or timing into it ...

The nock would go to high .

they even richened the fuel up at the top end .... to stop it knocking but this did not help

It would not knock till right on 6200rpm ....

Any one else seen this problem before ?

dnyo sheets are here http://www.tuffstreetcars.com/skyline2.pdf

http://www.tuffstreetcars.com/skyline.pdf

base timing , stock ecu with apexi

apexi what? safc?

I'd say that you need a stand alone aftermarket ecu so that you can adjust the on boost timing independent of screwing around with the base timing.

He will be running a SAFC which you can run aftermarket AFM's with. . The SAFC has limitations you need to compromize between your air/fuel ratio and timing this is fine with the stock turbo but it starts to get difficult when an aftermarket turbo is added to the mix. Its probably time to invest in a Power FC or similar you will probably also need to upgrade the injectors.

cheers

He will be running a SAFC which you can run aftermarket AFM's with. . The SAFC has limitations you need to compromize between your air/fuel ratio and timing this is fine with the stock turbo but it starts to get difficult when an aftermarket turbo is added to the mix. Its probably time to invest in a Power FC or similar you will probably also need to upgrade the injectors.

cheers

sorry i have a power fc just tuned on the dyno ....im not using all of the injectors i have yet as i cant up the boost or timing as the knock goes to high looking at the turbo housing size ....right now but im not sure thats why i asked

Looking @ the dyno sheet, the tuning is nothing short of below average.

Has the tuner got expirience with PowerFC's ... and turbo performance in general ?

Whats the fuel pressure like?

Personally i would say the problem begins and ends with the workshop you have there.

I would go somewhere else for a secondary opinion.

Might cost some $$ but i would think it will save you some hassle

Seconded

Looking @ the dyno sheet, the tuning is nothing short of below average.

Has the tuner got expirience with PowerFC's ... and turbo performance in general ?

Whats the fuel pressure like?

Personally i would say the problem begins and ends with the workshop you have there.

I would go somewhere else for a secondary opinion.

Might cost some $$ but i would think it will save you some hassle

How can you have a power fc and a stock ecu? Piggybacked due to auto?

If it is a power fc tune then that is sub par, I agree with nismod, safc then acceptable and also explains your detonation issue and having to mess with the base timing rather than the specific cells where the detonation occurs.

yeah that's a pretty rough power curve. can see his mods to the AFRs were decent but the power is still quite ordinary.

Time to go for a full ECU, rather than a piggyback. If that is a full ECU then get a better tuner.

i just added a hiflow turbo to my skyline

it has these mods

high flow ball bearing 450hp turbo from turbo australia

standard manifolds

on 10psi it made 251rwhp but ran into nock problems

at 13deg timing could not run any more boost or timing into it ...

The nock would go to high .

Any one else seen this problem before ?

A little off thread Dan, but do you know the ID tag numbers off your hi-flow core?

The guys from Turbo Australia are pretty good, just interested to see what specs they ran for your unit.

I'd have a few concerns about the output, given I achieved 223rwhp with a stock turbo @ 7.5psi and other similar supporting mods to yours. Look at the tuning I suspect.

cheers

Edited by Dale FZ1

A little off thread Dan, but do you know the ID tag numbers off your hi-flow core?

The guys from Turbo Australia are pretty good, just interested to see what specs they ran for your unit.

I'd have a few concerns about the output, given I achieved 223rwhp with a stock turbo @ 7.5psi and other similar supporting mods to yours. Look at the tuning I suspect.

cheers

hi i dont have the turbo now its back at there shop ...till they sort it out, stock one is back on and feels a lot better then the high flow right now ...so im not sure what the problem is

How can you have a power fc and a stock ecu? Piggybacked due to auto?

If it is a power fc tune then that is sub par, I agree with nismod, safc then acceptable and also explains your detonation issue and having to mess with the base timing rather than the specific cells where the detonation occurs.

yeah sorry was late when i posted it just has the power fc handcontroler

Have you taken it somewhere else for tuning?

these are the guys the turbo shop wants to do the tune on it ...

when i bought the turbo i was told they done a lot of the 450hp hiflows , only to find out im now the first one they have done so they are trying to fix the problem best they can .

Edited by Turbo Dan