SAU Community

Please Don't Drive Like A Hoon In Skyline

gdogzgtr

People a lot of my hard work with bridging gaps between us and my work colleagues (police) was undone last night by a Stupid R34GTT driver racing along next to his mate's car 30km/h over limit on wet roads.

Not only did he speed he lost traction taking off at lights right in front of us and had more than one intake mod. I am majorly PISSED OFF with him because he is member of SAU and had stickers on his car advertising same. Made our whole car club look bad especially when I promote how sensible/mature members of SAU Victoria only to have this fool wreck all of that...WELL DONE

As you know I obviously don't pick on skyline driver's especially members of SAU Vic but what should happen to this FOOL.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres not too much you can do, who ever hands out the SAU stickers should be much more weary to who gets them and who doesnt.

Everyone that signs up as a member gets stickers.

It's up to the members not to be idiots.

Thats why they organise track days for us, so we can have fun in a safe environment.

Graeme, what colour was the car...

boo friki' hoo!!!! bridgeing gaps! What a load of moon pie and whistle pop! Officers of teh laaaaaaaw and modified car owners seeing eye to eye would be jolly nice. There is them and them other guys that do stuff. Simple. And heaven forbid anyone losing a bit of mahood in the wet and having more than one hair mod. why dont you slip your halo over your toaster and buy a sandwich toaster. Its not like the guy was cross dressing through a wombat zone!!!!

And when you kill someone else by being an idiot on the road, what are you going to say to their family?

My point was mainly if you are going to put SAU stickers on your car you reflect the club so stupid diving makes all look bad. If I had a poor attitude towards import drivers like fritter does towards police then maybe according to him it would be fair as me being a PIG to rock up at a SAU day an EPA every members car that it modded as that's how he thinks the relationship between police and import driver's should be.

Luckily I am nothing like him.

Fritter people like you make me so f**king angry!!! If you don't get it, why dont you just dissappear?

You are going to have to start a new account when you get banned, so why not start it somewhere else?

And you are not a member of our club anyway.

Rhett

boo friki' hoo!!!! bridgeing gaps! What a load of moon pie and whistle pop! Officers of teh laaaaaaaw and modified car owners seeing eye to eye would be jolly nice. There is them and them other guys that do stuff. Simple. And heaven forbid anyone losing a bit of mahood in the wet and having more than one hair mod. why dont you slip your halo over your toaster and buy a hyundia. Its not like the guy was cross dressing through a wombat zone!!!!

if you can come on here and honestly say you have never ever lost traction in the wet and have never ever exceeded the speed limit by 30 km'h then I will say hello to the pink elephants and the flying cops

Graeme i totally agree with you.. Would it be fair for us to say who was it?? Committee input to that question???

Maybe something that can be posted up in the Members section to keep this driver with a certain about of dignity that they highly probably don’t deserve...

Tharake your right mate the club runs track days/deca events to prevent this kind of thing from happening on the street. Along with drag days…

As Graeme said it's hard enough to drive a skyline these days without the cops hating out guts... and giving us the stereotypical view of hoons along with the general public…

Fritter that’s not the best attitude to have Graeme wasn’t sitting there getting stuck into anyone he was purely informing us that stupid action will not only reflect upon that one individual themselves but also upon the club.. as weather it’s right or wrong the stereotypical view is always portrayed…

We have gotta be doing it better than the other guys…

Show we have pride for our rides we need to show it and build a high level of respect within the community and throughout the police force as well…

Ah... it's fair to say Fritter is not an SAU member.

Graeme - whilst there is nothing we can do to stop people behaving badly on the roads, it is something we certainly discourage. I will bring this up at the next meeting though as you make a valid point...

ALL SAU MEMBERS - no matter where you are and what you are doing, if you 'wear' the SAU stickers on your car, you are an ambassador for this club. As Graeme says - much work has gone into building a strong, postitive image of us, but it takes very little to have that come undone.

We all know stories of car clubs no-one wants to be associated with due to their bad image with both the police and community at large. SAU is NOT going to be one of those clubs.

I understand the urge to want to give a car a bit of a squirt - but surely we're providing enough events for you to be able to enjoy yourselves, AND keep a handle on things on the road??

You want more events? Let us know.

You want driver training? Let us know.

Stupid behaviour on public roads will NOT be tolerated. We have a committee meeting this week where this will be discussed. We don't want to issue warnings or punishments - but don't give us reason to.

James

There is a time and a place for everything fritter you f*cktard, and having club members like Graeme that also have the opportunity to influence his colleagues is extremely rare. He has been a positive contributor to the forum and gives legitimacy to our club values and ethos of keeping it off the street. We cannot afford to drag down his reputation when he is defending ours by supporting the member who so idiotically broke the law. What he has done is wrong.

In this club, and on this forum we do NOT support misbehaviour on the streets!

The member in questions should perhaps come clean, take it on the chin and apologise to the members of the forum, the SAUVic club (since he is a memebr) and to Graeme for undoing so much good work. If he has done no defensive driving course then he should make an undertaking to the members to complete one with Kevin Flynn (one of our sponsors) and then keep it clean until his credibility can be re-earned.

I was no angel when younger, but I didn't have the strong support of a family like SAU Vic and the wider SAU to show me it wasn't appropriate behaviour. Mostly just speeding but all the same just wrong. Clean for 11+ years.

We (our hard working comittee and WRX club more specifically) provide outlets for these urges, take advantage of them.

Hoonish behaviour like street racing could result in the impounding of the car. That is certainly an option Graeme and his partner could have exercised.

ok well i hope you have his plate number and hand it to the committee so that they can revoke his access and membership.

i believe this has always been the views of the club and the correct action to take. no second chances...

boo friki' hoo!!!! bridgeing gaps! What a load of moon pie and whistle pop! Officers of teh laaaaaaaw and modified car owners seeing eye to eye would be jolly nice. There is them and them other guys that do stuff. Simple. And heaven forbid anyone losing a bit of mahood in the wet and having more than one hair mod. why dont you slip your halo over your toaster and buy a hyundia. Its not like the guy was cross dressing through a wombat zone!!!!
if you can come on here and honestly say you have never ever lost traction in the wet and have never ever exceeded the speed limit by 30 km'h then I will say hello to the pink elephants and the flying cops

The point that gdogzgtr was trying to make is that he put faith in SAU Victoria and one of the members undid all the good work he tried to do at his work.... SAU is trying to get a recognition for responsible driving and the genuine car enthusiasts have done a top job promoting this, all it takes is one bad egg to ruin it for everyone else.

I've lost many many friends in car accidents from doing the wrong thing and that's a f**king hard lesson to learn dude, wouldn't wish that upon anyone... not even you.

People that do the wrong thing justify their actions and truely believe it's ok.. ..just like your justification of this guy "it's not like the guy was drag racing through a school zone." I just hope that one day you wake up and realise how dangerous your irresponsible driving really is...

Stop showing off on the streets and get your ass to a track or a driving training day.

LIz.

Solution: instant and no-question removal of membership from SAU VIC...

"it's not like the guy was cross dressing through a wombat zone."

Yeah so there was no other car there to drag; does this make roaring past a school by yourself acceptable? I'm sure you agree with this when you have kids and they come home to say; "dad, one of my friends got killed today by someone who drives a car like YOURS"

Yeah so there was no other car there to drag; does this make roaring past a school by yourself acceptable? I'm sure you agree with this when you have kids and they come home to say; "dad, one of my friends got killed today by someone who drives a car like YOURS"

that's exactly it, they just justify it any which way they can until it hits too close to home.

i think we're all in agreeance that fritter is a f*kin moron who should be castrated so as not to have the chance to spread his seed and enhance the chances of another generation of his idiocy to be produced.

As such lets never speaketh of him again.

There is a time and a place for everything fritter you f*cktard, and having club members like Graeme that also have the opportunity to influence his colleagues is extremely rare. He has been a positive contributor to the forum and gives legitimacy to our club values and ethos of keeping it off the street. We cannot afford to drag down his reputation when he is defending ours by supporting the member who so idiotically broke the law. What he has done is wrong.

In this club, and on this forum we do NOT support misbehaviour on the streets!

The member in questions should perhaps come clean, take it on the chin and apologise to the members of the forum, the SAUVic club (since he is a memebr) and to Graeme for undoing so much good work. If he has done no defensive driving course then he should make an undertaking to the members to complete one with Kevin Flynn (one of our sponsors) and then keep it clean until his credibility can be re-earned.

I was no angel when younger, but I didn't have the strong support of a family like SAU Vic and the wider SAU to show me it wasn't appropriate behaviour. Mostly just speeding but all the same just wrong. Clean for 11+ years.

We (our hard working comittee and WRX club more specifically) provide outlets for these urges, take advantage of them.

Hoonish behaviour like street racing could result in the impounding of the car. That is certainly an option Graeme and his partner could have exercised.

btw, this is very well said.

f**king wankers. its like its a comp in here to see who has the biggest halo. thought this was a performance car club, not a christian network for the holiest of gods children. you are all full of shit, to busy sucking moderator cock.

No one is sucking up to any moderator.... We clearly don’t think your opinion is mature and realistic and we have expressed this... Yes we are a car club.. Yes most/some of our cars are modified.. But mate welcome to the real world we use our power and modifications on the track, we race ourselves and the clock not some idiot on the street so we can wrap ourselves around a light pole...Or kill an innocent person in the passenger seat like we have seen recently…

i dont know you but have a think about what your saying mate... It's immature and unrealistic to race on the streets and assume your going to be safe... Even on the track it’s not 100% safe but at least there you’re not going to injure someone else in the process…

Good point,

Creating a good name takes many years, and losing that name takes 4 to 5 reports on TV

But having said that an individuals driving attitudes all differ. He or she could have been driving a Ford etc.

Even my Maxima can take off and hit 100km's an hour in 7 to 8 seconds.

Just because the car has a sau sticker does not mean he/she does not respect the club.

Lets face it ,you have all seen a young girl in a hyundai going faster than you on the road with an attitude problem.Or even a Territory, X5 or any other speeder.I keep my distance from these drivers.

It is a shame we have to go slower than other people so they can respect us.

If the police are really interested in slowing the cars down they should look at technologies that

send info to the car in the designated areas which prevent the car from going any faster.

The police themselves have a need for speed.

So does that mean the officer driving the car should hold his head down in shame because he has stickers on his/her car that say police?

They are all hypocrites, they themselves pass me at great speeds and use their sirens to get through lights.

I am sure you have all witnessed these events before, and it was not an emergency either.

Lets take down registrations of speeding police cars you have seen and post them in another topic.

I bet it will fill in one day.

Just have a look at how many people speed around us and you will get my point.

Driver education my foot , whats teaching people advance driving skills going to do.It just means

they are more likely to speed because their confidence is higher.

So put this topic to bed because we all know what i have said is the truth.

Good-day to you all.