SAU Community

VINS you want "fasted"

Both those numbers had complications.

Post a pic of you build plate and let us have a look.

Well that's the problem, it's not on my plate it's on the engine. I know my chassis is a 1993, i can still post a pic, but supposedly the stealership i bought it from here in Okinawa said it has a newer, but lower mileage engine in it, not the factory one (not sure what happened to it). So newer would mean to me 93+ model year engine. But i have reason to believe it's in fact NOT newer, so I'm a bit curious. I'll see if i can get better look at the numbers, had my wife look at it and she said it looks like the first number I posted, 017857. So i dunno.... :( Edited by Silverstreek

Well that's the problem, it's not on my plate it's on the engine. I know my chassis is a 1993, i can still post a pic, but supposedly the stealership i bought it from here in Okinawa said it has a newer, but lower mileage engine in it, not the factory one (not sure what happened to it). So newer would mean to me 93+ model year engine. But i have reason to believe it's in fact NOT newer, so I'm a bit curious. I'll see if i can get better look at the numbers, had my wife look at it and she said it looks like the first number I posted, 017857. So i dunno.... :(

Well after further looking into both the VIN's you posted, they both came up as (July) 07 / 1991 models...

Wouldn't surprise me about the engine swap, it happens in Japan...

Still post a pic of the VIN's and lets have a look.

Well after further looking into both the VIN's you posted, they both came up as (July) 07 / 1991 models...

Wouldn't surprise me about the engine swap, it happens in Japan...

Still post a pic of the VIN's and lets have a look.

Also, do you have the VIN engraved on the firewall?

Yes i do and it matches the blue plate, so that's good. They informed me before and after I bought it, the info about the motor, so i knew it wasn't the original. But, like I said, they said it was "newer" AND "lower mileage". On the paperwork i got with the car it says "used engine ". So, I'm guessing if I tried to take it back and tell them i want my money back and to cram this car, I'd have no ground to stand on. Le sigh....

post-74780-0-11861900-1439202755_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silverstreek

Yes i do and it matches the blue plate, so that's good. They informed me before and after I bought it, the info about the motor, so i knew it wasn't the original. But, like I said, they said it was "newer" AND "lower mileage". On the paperwork i got with the car it says "used engine ". So, I'm guessing if I tried to take it back and tell them i want my money back and to cram this car, I'd have no ground to stand on. Le sigh....

I see, thanks for that.

How many Km's has your GTR done (Speedo) VS the amount of Km's the "Used Engine" has done..?

Do you know if the timing belt has been changed?

Any stickers..?

Hi can someone please check, bnr32-309201

Thank you.

Kbnr32rxf7s aa

Thanks skyline.

Ok thanks!

The complications came up with a few results, one saying it was a Base Model and the other saying it's a V-Spec II.

But you Model Number confirms it to be a base model R32 GTR, built in March 1994.

Damn, can we go with the vspec II. :)

Thanks mate love you work.

I was checking cause I pulled motor out for rebuild and it has short nose crank so obviously not original motor.

:laugh:

It's just Brembo calipers that make the difference, along with a sticker and BBS Wheels for a V-Spec.

Not original engine or had the RB26 been modified from previous owner?