SAU Community

The "i Can Lend You Thread"

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to take delivery of a r33 gts-t M spec - it has 19" wheels (not lowered), 3" exhaust, tinted indicator lights

I don't think it is that loud but is there anything with 19" rims or tinted indicator lights that would cause me issues?

Thanks,

Steve

Is it delivery from import (first time australian registration) or delivery from interstate (transfer of rego from another state)

If its first time Aus rego your in for some fun :) Nothing you mentioned will pass and you must take the car back to factory specific. If this is the case i can help you out with the stock orange indicators and stock R33 exhaust, someone should have some stock r33 wheels with decent tread. Leech helped me out with the stock wheels when i had to go through this (Dickson are bastards... took me 3 attempts because of little things but he has sold his skyline and may have sold the wheels already

If its interstate rego you will need smaller rims as stock R33 wheels are 16" and the difference is too large (12mm max?) Best bet is to change exhaust anyway, not worth the stuffing around with going back and forth and organising time off to go there.

Goodluck with it though, im fine to lend you the indicators (are you talking about the side blinkers?) and exhaust if necessary

Edited by Baconer

Is it delivery from import (first time australian registration) or delivery from interstate (transfer of rego from another state)

If its first time Aus rego your in for some fun :) Nothing you mentioned will pass and you must take the car back to factory specific. If this is the case i can help you out with the stock orange indicators and stock R33 exhaust, someone should have some stock r33 wheels with decent tread. Leech helped me out with the stock wheels when i had to go through this (Dickson are bastards... took me 3 attempts because of little things but he has sold his skyline and may have sold the wheels already

If its interstate rego you will need smaller rims as stock R33 wheels are 16" and the difference is too large (12mm max?) Best bet is to change exhaust anyway, not worth the stuffing around with going back and forth and organising time off to go there.

Goodluck with it though, im fine to lend you the indicators (are you talking about the side blinkers?) and exhaust if necessary

Thanks Baconer!

It's changing from NSW to ACT (in fact i am tempted to keep it as NSW and just list my address as my father in laws place on the central coast)...

It has a GTR front bar and it's the indicators in it which are tinted - these may be hard to come by i think (although I just found out a bloke I work with just bought a R33 GTR!!). The side indicators are clear - do you reckon these will be ok?

I was thinking I could get the boys at city exhaust to whiz something up for me if I need to quiet it down any, but from memory it was not too loud when I drove it - The previous owner had it put on and thinks it is ok too...

Thanks again,

Steve

Pretty sure Series 2 R33's came with clear side indicators on the guards, so don't think they should ping you for that.

Nope they had the good old orange suckers. I doubt these would be rejected though as long as they have orange bulbs in them.

Nope they had the good old orange suckers. I doubt these would be rejected though as long as they have orange bulbs in them.

Not sure what colour the bulbs are, but that's easy to fix!!

I guess I will just need to borrow a set of 17" wheels and possibly quiet down the exhaust a little.. Are there any restriction on the cooler? It also has an air filter pod, which is enclosed by a custom shield the guy made...

Also, how much do you know about the gearboxes? this one had some crunching going from 3 -4th I am guessing the synchro is shot? Any thoughts on where to source a second hand box, and where to get it fitted?

Steve

Ahh, thanks anyway Leech but looks like they are too different! I am trying to find out which front bar I have so I can see where to get replacement indicators.. Other thing I may try is going to Repco and getting something that fits... they're rectangles so I cannot imagine it would be that hard!!

This is the bar http://www.gostrent.com/skyline/sly033.jpg, any idea?

Cheers,

Steve

He's talking about the indicators on the front of the Trust bar he has. I have the same problem, I have no front indicators. So I'm gonna have to figure out how I can fit some on.

He's talking about the indicators on the front of the Trust bar he has. I have the same problem, I have no front indicators. So I'm gonna have to figure out how I can fit some on.

yeah sorry guys it is the front indicators not the side ones.. Do rego tend to knock you back on things like that?

Cheers,

Steve

Sorry to get off topic... Steve, was that your 33 today at Telstra? It matched the description perfectly just not sure about the colour. Real mint!

Nah, I was in melbourne this morning and only took it out for a small drive to the shops to pick up my dry cleaning :)

yeah sorry guys it is the front indicators not the side ones.. Do rego tend to knock you back on things like that?

They'd pick you up on it as soon as they made you test your indicators. So yes, you'll need some if you want to get over the pits.

They'd pick you up on it as soon as they made you test your indicators. So yes, you'll need some if you want to get over the pits.

Yeah, thought as much. I guess my two options are:

1. Try to source similar indicators from repco, or

2. Try to remove the tinting from the indicators - any thoughts in whether this would actually work?

Cheers,

Steve