SAU Community

The "i Can Lend You Thread"

I was just there and booked my car in for a new exhaust. The middle muffler is to low and the whole exhaust is to loud, so he is removing the muffler and making me up a bolt on tip so once im done i can bolt mine back on. So yeah thanks but it will be sorted.

not true, i have a muffler i got made up from the guys at city exhaust that passed over the pits quite well. i'd loan it to you but it either A) probably wouldn't fit as most exhausts are different and B) i don't own the car or the muffler anymore, but could get it in a week or so.

they charged me $160 for a muffler that just bolts on where your existing muffler is, 2 bolts to remove and replace quiet muffler. go and have a talk to them, they're good at fixing that sort of stuff.

i meant the little ones you stick in the end of the cannon that look like a funnel. not a whole muffler.

Ive got a custom tip for any one with a 3.5" exhaust, will get you over pits.

Hey can anyone confirm one of those licencers can get you past rta/dickson rego?

I just got defected today, got 93.6db at 3,200 RPM and didn't think to ask.

If not hope someone can lend me one of their stock R32 GTR exhaust for a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Did they seriously defect you for 93.6db!!!!!!!!!!!

I got done in my old car for too loud and it was 107db.

the bloke said if it was 100 or less he would have let me off

but it was way higher.

he also said that the limit is 95db

Did they seriously defect you for 93.6db!!!!!!!!!!!

I got done in my old car for too loud and it was 107db.

the bloke said if it was 100 or less he would have let me off

but it was way higher.

he also said that the limit is 95db

the limit in ACT for a Skyline (its based on cyl's and weight iirc) is 92db.

the limit in ACT for a Skyline (its based on cyl's and weight iirc) is 92db.

Yer, I had to take it over the pits at dickson. but they showed me this spread sheet that they were going off.

if it was a post 1983 car, 6 cyl. maximum was 90db at 3200rpm. I think most 83 cars you can have it louder.

So no one's got an exhuast I can borrow for a couple of days or so? might have to resort to welding a silencer on the the exhuast or going to the wreckers.

honestly man, when you get the cash, get a garage to build you a turbo back exhaust that is legal and performance orientated - saves a ton of time.

The exhaust on mine is *magic* - noticably different note to most skylines i've heard, quieter that any i've heard at idle, and louder than my mates at full noise.

sounds beautiful imho.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

been a while since ive been here but i really like this idea so i thought i maybe some help.

Car: r33 gtst

Year: 1995

Parts: stock springs (in the next week or two), stock intercooler, stock BOV

Conditions/Price: no condition as long as i get it back and that if i ever need help then i get help but not by force :)

• 3 weeks later...
Need exhaust silencer ASAP!!!!! I just failed for being to low and might be to loud. Im going to raise my suspention now (well try) but i really need a silencer.

Help Please :O

Hey mate, i got a better solution, i read somewhere a few days ago there is a little thing u buy stick it in yr exahst system and its basically a controlled butterfly that controlls how loud yr exauhst is..might be an option i am getting one soon...when i get my car complied..

• 2 weeks later...