SAU Community

Piggy Back

Bo0oSt

hey so like ive said before im only after 200rwkw and have the usual mods of cai,zorst,fmic and boostcontroller and am now after a piggyback comp. Ive been looking at SAFC and Greddy Emanage but what do u guys think is best suited for my application. i did a search feature and found a few things on comps but am jsut after the pro's and cons of the various types of piggy back comps available. im leaning more towards safcII...

cheers

Daniel

ive got an safc2 in my auto. i got 191rwkw on similar mods. i was a bit strapped for cash at the time and ended up paying 400 brand new + 200 for the tune.

for an extra $300 you can get a PFC (unless you get the safc 2nd hand) but the tune will cost around $500.

the safc2 only plays with your AF's whereas you could always add more components to an e-manage to make it almost like a stand alone ecu if you want to go for bigger power later on.

PFC seems to be the best value for money though.

do you know if you can add an ebc to the emanage? reason for this is that the manual one i got is a pain in the ass i got to keep pullin over to get it to the right boost lvl i want. Also like i said before man i wasnt looking for anything over 200rwkw mainly caus i wanna keep it a daily driver n i think more then 200 would kill me in petrol as i clock up about 550ks p/w :S

But then again i could have an ebc and a safcII as well huh ? ive got about a 600 to play with and with that i want to stretch it out to an ebc and piggy back :S so second hand is my option here (it sux being at uni and trying to have a nice car)

ps sorry about my spelling im sadly part of the msn generation

well in my situation, I didn't even need an aftermarket to get to 200kw, with the split dump high flow cat and exhaust with a slight increase in the boost to 10psi, I got 199.8rwkw without even touching the computer. The Safc2 got me an extra 12kw and safer air flow.

well 200rwkw was the idea and well since ive got these few mods i havent had the car tuned at all so thats why iw as thinkin abotu the piggy back systems as these would be more than enough for the power figure i was looking at. so yeh the question was can u add an ebc to emanage or would u better of buyin a safc and a seperate ebc ? whats the better option

okey doke so should i get things done in this order? Get the bigger turbo (r33 or r34), then an ebc and then ecu remap ? oh and by the way do u know roughly how much labour would cost to mount the different turbo...

being an r32, to get to 200kw is going to take more than just the mods you have an a piggyback or remap. you are going to need a bigger turbo to get to that sort of figure, and possibly fuel pump. it would be a good idea to stick it on the dyno and see what it does have, then you will have an idea of hom much work it will take to get to 200kw.

Edited by mad082

yeh i thought about that too. I rang up and spoke to someone at RE Customs was a great help reckons with the rb25 turbo and a ecu remap id be sitting at either jsut 200kw or just a little under with a bit more boost that is. So what i may do is ring him up and go for a dyno run sometime next week if i have time and get an idea of what more needs to be done. Ill keep you guys posten on what developes of this with a chart n that. thanks for ya help

You can add an EBC to the Emanage, I have an AVC-R and an Emanage and haven't had any issues with either of them. GReddy have the PRofec boost controller as well which lets you program the Emanage, but after you add the cost of this on plus all the other pits and pieces you'd be better off getting a Power FC (if you can) or the remap.