SAU Community

Jms Drift Day

TIMMMAYYY

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at the caltex, highway 1 on port wakefiled road, filling up my old mans 4x4 and saw a black r31 coupe pull up - obviously going to the drift day. was that the one you guys are referring too. looked pretty smick, wouldnt mind owning one myself.

Originally posted by whatsisname

Mick isn't exactly a hardcore drifter. Add to that a very powerful GT-R & I'd say he didn't do too bad.

I dont know how powerful it was Matt, they had to rev it, dump it, rev it dump it, bog it, ride it, to even get the tyres alight. Then when it did, there was steam coming out from under the bonnet for minutes before it blew. Seems like a strange waste of a car that was struggling for power to me?

Yeah I think my quote of "very powerful" was a tad OTT. Mick mentioned it'd run 122mph TS on the 1/4, so I figured that was a fair bit of grunt to spin the rears? 300+rwkw? I agree mate, doesn't make sense to thrash the car/motor for a few minutes of fun?

Originally posted by Martin Donnon

I dont know how powerful it was Matt, they had to rev it, dump it, rev it dump it, bog it, ride it, to even get the tyres alight. Then when it did, there was steam coming out from under the bonnet for minutes before it blew. Seems like a strange waste of a car that was struggling for power to me?

Originally posted by Martin Donnon

Knowing Mick though he will build it bigger, better, faster. Should be a crazy thing then!

some people have too much money on there hands.