SAU Community

Official: Sau Tokyo Auto Salon Meet Up

Rezz

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! That is a serious letdown, but will be good to catch up later on.

I'll be cashing that raincheck mate don't you worry... :D

I'll be counting on it :w00t: Im pretty annoyed that I cant make it, especially since I have been a TAS regular for the past 3 years :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries Poida, I added you to the list.

Btw, to the people who are attending, who's going to meet up afterwards? And at what time? I was thinking 6pm out front of the main entrance, but if anyone has a better plan (Richard?) then let's hear it. I'm not familiar with any decent Izakayas or bar around there, so if anyone has a place that they can recommend let me know.

Honestly, I can't say I've ever heard of anyone going out for drinks or whatever in Makuhari, although I know there must be bars somewhere around there.

The area where TAS is located, in Kaihin Makuhari, is a huge business sector with some shopping areas thrown in. Everytime I've been there I can count the number of people walking around on one hand. It's spread out and eerily quiet on the weekends.

Anyway, in terms of nightlife nearby, the best place to go is probably Shin-Tsudanuma. There are a fair number of izakayas, a gaijin bar called "Sala", and other entertainment facilities. It's a quick train ride away by either JR or Keisei railway. Otherwise, Chiba City might be a good too.

Edited by shiro240

forget the gaijin bars! if you guys behave I'll take you all to bar scarface in chiba city. it was shown to me by a friendly neighbourhood yakuza member when I loudly burst in on their private bar upstairs. he kindly took me by the arm, and said you want bar? i'll show you bar, then forcibly marched me and blitz and 2 other guys down to bar scarface. only problem is it seats a max of 8 people. the service and drinks cant be beat. and when I went back there a few weeks ago the guy remembered me (i told him I was a JGTC team owner) and gave me a present which was touching. haha just dont get in his way when he's carving ice with his ice pick.

I dont mind to meet up at lunch time on the Saturday session

I'll be in a group of 8 so its hectic enough to organise

it'll be me, lukits01 & eriktufa from the SAU forums

we'll both have Japanese mobile numbers by then

(we've rented jap phones)

Wouldnt mind getting some suggestions from you TAS pros,

who should I contact? and how?

I'll PM you with my japanese numbers in a bit Rezz,

But doubt I can control my contigent let alone integrate it with those coming from SAU hahaha bunch of Honda boys they are, what details would u need? Would be nice to meet up with ppl who know the Japanese car scene better than us, lunch time is probably the easiest.

We're also planning to come on the friday, but since we cant our hands on press passes, guess we'll just have to come for the afternoon session.

no worries, I'll PM you next week when I get to Japan,

yeh me and erik are perth boys. some local knowledge of Tokyo couldnt hurt hahah, got and recommendations for clubbing, Rezz? want to see tokyo nightlife

would be great if we could meet up on the Friday session, prep us on wat to expect on the saturday TAS

i'm on 090 2908 9539 ring me either for an emergencey, or to tell me you have the ph number of a hot japanese girl who has heard about my prowess. If i'm drunk when you call I can't be held accountable for my actions.

Rezz may think he's a better beer drink, but in reality I hear he's soft and sticks to the Chu-Hi lime. his nikes are flash though. no doubting that!

Justin and I have passes for friday, and we'll be there saturday too.

if you want to see tokyo nightlife luktis, forget chiba. the only nightlife you'll see in Chiba is me massively drunk, riding down the main street on my "borrowed" push bike ringing the bell.

Head to Roppongi if you want nightlife. I've been to lots of clubs there. It depends if you just want a fun night out I'd say try the Vanilla room (they give free entry for gaijin) or Muse is pretty cool too. If you want to pick-up try places like 911 or gas panic. If you are clautraphobic, or dont like to be touched then I'd say give 911 and GP a miss. It's pretty full on in both those places. If you want cheap and nasty hostess bars head to Kabuki-cho (east of Shinjuku). There are lots of good bars in ropppongi too. Try the Dollar bar, or Heartland Bar (at the bottom of Roppongi Hills).

I will be fairly busy whilst I'm there so I can't make any promises for guide work etc. But I will try and meet up with as many of the aussie guys when I can. :teehee:

start practicing your japanese boys!

Being stereitypical AZN, me want techno/R&B clubs ahahha

Just want a fun night out and have drinks with friends in Tokyo

I heard that some places dont let Gaijins in, so could use suggestions from 'locals'

Im actually staying in Shinjuku close to kabuki-cho

oh and maybe someone here would know..

Im getting the impression that quitet a few ex-pats live in Kobe...

so... wats there to do and see in Kobe or arround Kobe?

I'm here mate... just a little tied up at the moment with moving stuff. I sadi I would be there by beginning of November, but thats now looking like beginning of January! So I hope I can be there a few days before TAS kicks off.

Excellent. Looking forward to finally meeting you.

Edited by CircusMonkey

Being stereitypical AZN, me want techno/R&B clubs ahahha

Just want a fun night out and have drinks with friends in Tokyo

I heard that some places dont let Gaijins in, so could use suggestions from 'locals'

Im actually staying in Shinjuku close to kabuki-cho

oh and maybe someone here would know..

Im getting the impression that quitet a few ex-pats live in Kobe...

so... wats there to do and see in Kobe or arround Kobe?

You got Womb, Unit, Module for harder stuff in Shibuya and Harlem for hip-hop/r n b. A visit to Yellow is well worth it, just for the soundsystem.

Plenty of concrete holes/small clubs like Milk, Fai Aoyama, Mixrooffice, No style etc with good music and friendly staff.

For Kobe/Kansai check out http://www.kansaiscene.com/2006_03/html/club.shtml

Edited by CircusMonkey

i dont know of much happening in kobe mate. you could surely get some nice kobe beef but apart from that i dont know. do you have friends there? you do realise that kobe is not in tokyo right? ie no where near where you're staying in Shinjuku. I would say it may be just a tad too far for a day trip. most expats I would say you will find in the big cities like Tokyo and Osaka, not very many in smaller cities like kobe.

Yeh, this is pretty long holiday for me,

spending 5 nights in Kansai, 3 Nights in Sapporo, finishing off with TAS and 7 nights in Tokyo. So got time, and want to squeeze as much as possible in.

Want to leave the clubbing till tokyo, bought a guidebook, recommended a club called Ageha, any thoughts?

Yeh, this is pretty long holiday for me,

spending 5 nights in Kansai, 3 Nights in Sapporo, finishing off with TAS and 7 nights in Tokyo. So got time, and want to squeeze as much as possible in.

Want to leave the clubbing till tokyo, bought a guidebook, recommended a club called Ageha, any thoughts?

Ageha is ok, depends on the night. It it located a bit out of the center of Tokyo/Shibuya and Roppongi, around 40 min by bus.

As I mentioned before check out Womb and Yellow, rated on the list of top clubs in the world.

Guys, this will be my first TAS ever so I am extremely excited to say the least! I am going to be landing in Tokyo on Wednesday the 10th of January, and am staying in a hotel walking distance from Roppongi so if anyone up for some drinks or sightseeing let me know.

Rezz, lukeits01 and Beer Baron: I'd be happy to meet outside the show after 6 pm as you suggested. Did you guys want to meet up before the show sometime as well? I am going to be on my own so would be good to hang out with some fellow aussies :)

Also, need some help on a couple of things:

1) Tickets: I am trying to buy tickets online at the moment for Friday and Saturday but the website is down for the ticket store. Is it safe to just leave it for the day and just buy it at the show?

2) Mobile Rental: Any recommendations guys? I'd love to organise a phone before I go but not sure where to start. Any advice is appreciated :laugh:

Hey People!

Im from Canberra/ACT. I will be at TAS(Sat/Sun), no press pass :laugh:. I should arrive in Tokyo on Thursday, hopefully staying in Shinjiku, but all depends if accomodation is avaiable. Im planning to head to Megaweb on Friday.

Anyways, are there any plans yet? And how can I meet up with some of you Guys, either before or during TAS?!?!?!?