SAU Community

Hello, Im New...

Hi all,

This is my first post so if this is the wrong place, please dont be to harsh.

On monday, i bought my first Skyline.. An R34 =). I NEVER smile, but since turning off the TRC and mashing it too the floor (supervised conditions..) no ones been able to wipe the smile off my face!

I used to drive a V8 Soarer, though still have my TT soarer, i got sick of the slugishness of the thing and splurged, though i was crying when i handed the keys over. It's mind blowing what ive missed out on..

Anyhow, i have a few question's to ask..

1- On the dash when i insert the key to 4 position, it says "SLIP" i understand this is in relation to the LSD though why does it have a warning sensor? or is it in regard to the trc?

2- How difficult is it to take apart the dash to install a cd player? Do we have a guide?

3- Does anyone recomend any sequential BOV's?

Heres some pics,

It has HKS suspension, 18" Volk mags, Nismo Exhaust and Nismo Bodykit with rear high wing.

post-29335-1158826260.jpg

post-29335-1158826307.jpg

post-29335-1158826367.jpg

looks awesome, but i agree with the others on the wing. Try searching I'm sure there will be a thread somewhere about fitting stereos to an R34. If its anything like a R33, its simple.

BTW welcome too :)

yar i think it might be similar, i pulled out my stereo today from my r33

try taking out the ashtray and looking for a screw, after you have done that the gear surround comes out and you undo 2 or 4 more screws near the headdeck the dash comes loose with a bit aof a nudge and hey presto.

yeah man seriously that wing is cacti, i would remove it asap for a more refined look........apart from that f**ken nice car man! enjoy

1- On the dash when i insert the key to 4 position, it says "SLIP" i understand this is in relation to the LSD though why does it have a warning sensor? or is it in regard to the trc?

That is the traction control. If you switch the TCS off via the button left of your steering wheel, and mash it around the corner it won't display that anymore.. and you'll probably get some fish tail action going :)

2- How difficult is it to take apart the dash to install a cd player? Do we have a guide?

1. Remove the one screw under the ashtray.

2. Remove the center console (using a soft cloth over a flathead screw driver, push underneath the side where there is the handbrake and it should pop out.

3. Remove the aircon vents (using a soft cloth over a flathead on the left hand side, push in and pop out)

4. The cage is now exposed. Unscrew the four screws and pop out cage as whole.

5. Remove the headunit, and connect up. (you'll need a nissan diversity to standard antenna adaptor, and you can get the wiring harnesses from aerpro if you don't want to solder and chop wires.. see my other thread).

I think the wing would look great if u could remove the sides on it. Sweet ride mate

Get the wing off totally. You'll see how bad it is without the sides, it looks a too short to look decent and it ends too abruptly.

See the other thread about how to remove the spoiler, there will be extensive panel repair and respray work involved.

Other than that, enjoy your ride, it looks great mate.

Edited by Howie

Looks fckn hawt mate.. Though, must agree with everyone above, get rid of that spoiler.

Just curious.. where did you buy/how much did it set you back if you dont mind?

I got it from JapLink Motors On Parramatta road, they have some pretty hot cars on the lot. She cost 27K but i only paid 17 because of my soarer trade in.

I was thinking about removing the side wings and just keeping the rear, but ive been quoted $400 for the patch up job... abit pricey atm.

Thanks for your support guys

thats nice colour dude (same as mine)

I have the R34 GTT also with Nismo body kit only i have the smaller wing

have a look at some of the smaller wings the big ones draw way to much attention (the wrong type)

Im about to tackle the stereo install aswell ,mine shit itself the other day now the down button dont work

hope it is that simple

Nice ride mate. Either remove the wing completely and patch the holes or leave it on. Don't remove just the sides as it will look worse!

If you leave it on, get some shit hot jap wheels...will take ppls attention of the wing :no:

Welcome, the forum is a wealth of information...start by using the search function.

I was thinking about removing the side wings and just keeping the rear, but ive been quoted $400 for the patch up job... abit pricey atm.

$400 ? Damn that is cheap I got quoted 600 to 800 for a good job, its a pain in the arse to weld all those holes and respray the rear quaters. But in the end you wouldnt want a dodgy job cause quite abit of work is needed.

http://www.r34gtt.net/r34howtoradio.html <-- heres the step by step guide for installing the deck.

Nice car by the way mate.

Since we on same subject anyone have a pic of the nismo spoiler with the sides off ? Cause I rekon it might look better then the current state, just dun have enuff to get another one atm :D .

it cost more than $400 to do a proper job.. $400 prolly just bog the holes and do loacl paint job...whatever stuff they plug the hole with may fall trhough.....proper weld job cost more..I was actually quoted $1700...which I think is a rip off....