SAU Community

Batmbl Gb #3: Twin/split Dump & Front Pipes In One + 3" Hi-flow Catco Cats (optional)

Driftn 180

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

michael,

interested in a cat, and have a couple of questions.

1/ do the cat prices apply only if you buy a dump/front pipe? or are we able to buy it individually?

2/ are you able to get 2.5" cats?

3/ by "bolt on" does that mean they come with flanges? or a welding "bolt on"?

4/ any performance difference between the small body and large body apart from physical? i.e any figures on flow rate?

5/ delivery to brisbane, qld for one of these cats.

cheers

eug

Eug,

you dont have to buy the pipe to get the cats at the GB prices. i can get 2.5" cats, but they wont be bolt on for skyline.

by bolt on, it means the flanges are welded on already, so you can just install it yourself. there is a performance difference of about 30-40cfm. i dont have an exact figure on the small and large body ceramic cats, but the large body flows about 460-480cfm from memory.

the delivery is included in the price, but if you want 2.5", it would be cheaper as it will also not be bolt on. pm me if you want a cat other than the ones offered in 3" or for any other Q's.

cheers

mspek,

im not sure what you mean about being worried?

If you are talking about the magic cat flow rates shown in that article, as you can see they were measured with the magic cat not having any cone reducers welded on it to make the piping 3". the magic cat is basically a 4" pipe with a metal substrate inside it and this is how it was flow tested. of course it will measure more flow than a 3" piped cat of any type.

the catco 5" body cat with 4" piping welded to it (so this way it has the same in and out diammeters as the magic cat which was flow tested in that article) flows at 1015CFM! ...not at 750cfm like the magic cat.

also i noticed it said in there 'catco supercat', this is a misprint, because catco has no 'supercat', the name supercat is a different brand altogether and those cats which were bench tested were all ceramic inside cats. if there was a catco cat tested, it would have been the large body ceramic inside cat, which flows in the high 400's cfm (which is maybe what that figure is "496cfm". i hope that clears things up for you, since it can get a bit misleading when they dont tell you much about what exactly they tested it against...

cheers

hayden49,

yes they are built into the pipe, this is why we call it a 'dump & front pipe in one'. the dump area is smaller in size because you cannot fit 3" piping directly onto the turbo flange. you will notice that even HKS's split dump isnt 3" as there just isnt enough room when its a split/twin dump..

MsG_ChRiS,

i will pm you shortly

cheers