SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

holy crap cal, you must have like 10000000000000000000000hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah when I run scramble boost that figure like doubles :P

lol

Man I was bored last night, Charging accumulators takes so long sometimes

Cal, did I end up tuning it for you? I can't remember. Tuned too many lol.

Latest tune was done by Brock (used to work at rdp... Think you know the one anyway, he's been a close friend of mine for quite a few years now)

I may be moving to brisbane sometime so wanted him to get a feel for my car (he lives there now), and he enjoys the practice with fc-edit as well so we have a pretty good deal with each other.

Reality is I would like to eventually just do it all myself, easier, cheaper and noone to blame if something goes wrong

BTW: I've done some experimenting with FC-Hako, it's a good cheap alternative to the datalogit if you have the software already

I'll be posting up some Results when it gets it's first dyno, won't be at the target yet most likely but it's a work in progress ATM as I decide my next step. Details on what I've got will be posted to when I get a power figure (even though some of this may be obvious already)

yea sweet as, put up a post iff you get a chance might swing buy and have a look when you getting tuned.:thumbsup:

Road tune is done. Will just have to see the torque curve and see where it needs touching up etc. So will purely be a power run, hopefully won't take to long.

They seem to be hell busy lately there but

In my opinion the Apexi Power FC are way out dated i have a D Jetro in my GTR and they are just a royal pain in the arse, im looking at upgrading in the near future to a vipec v44, as we are running a v88 in the drag r32. I Have a fc datalogit at home and its no good to me as you need a old piece of shit laptop to use it. I will probably be selling it so as i get a vipec.

In my opinion the Apexi Power FC are way out dated i have a D Jetro in my GTR and they are just a royal pain in the arse, im looking at upgrading in the near future to a vipec v44, as we are running a v88 in the drag r32. I Have a fc datalogit at home and its no good to me as you need a old piece of shit laptop to use it. I will probably be selling it so as i get a vipec.

Strange..... Ive run Both datalogit and FC-Hako on my brand new (3 week old) laptop with windows 7 64-bit. Had some issues with FC-Hako at the start but worked with the creater to help him develop a firmware that would work

A VIPEC would be a better ECU for my car. But I cant really fault the Power-FC, It was cheap as well (I got a really good deal on mine).

Is it the tuning of the Power-FC that makes it a pain Ben? Or are you just interested in all the extra feautures of the VIPEC overe the Power-FC's more basic setup?

VIPEC will be sweet in your car anyway, Anti-Lag launches anyone? :)

I accidentally activated antilag (don't ask) at a formal drop off in December and went to give the car some revs and made every one in the crowd shit themselves as 2m long flames shot out lol.

I don't know what was worse, seeing people jump for cover or me breaking out into a sweat thinking I had just blown the motor in front of 200 people haha.

Lol that's awesome.

I'd like to experience anti-lag. Just not in my car lol, I think your in the same boat as me, turbo is responsive so anti lag isn't really needed.

I think I saw somewhere that you had an nitrous sprayer for your intercooler Phil? If so what brand is it, I'm looking into (possibly) having some sort of cold gas spray for my cooler (NO2 or CO2)

My intercooler spray kit is basically just a purge kit for the NOS mounted onto the back of my core.

I did it so I could purge it without every one going "LOOK NOS!!" and so I wasn't completely wasting the gas. It really freezes the hell out of the core, it's pretty cool.

Also good is the fact I can get intake temps down on a really hot day without actually having to use it as a shot. Ie sitting in peak hour traffic on a boiling day, just give it a bit of a purge to get the temps down.

ah ok sweet. That was my plan, having something to cool the air down without injecting it into the engine. That way the tune wont be dependant on it.

Its just an idea at the moment but will see what happens. So you say yours sprays from the back of the core? I thought it would be better to have it blow through the core? But if your getting the results shooting it from the back then that would be better. Dont really want to attract attention either.

Thanks Phil :) Will look into a NOS purge kit if I decide to go that way

i heard talks about mackay getting a tarmac racetrack .... again,

any truth to this/anyone else heard anything?

It's already got one.

Palmyra.

It's been built to suit the majority demographic in Mackay. Sad but true.

I remember whan I lived in the area 20 years ago there was talk of one in Gladstone out near the harbour. Anything further ever happen with that?

• Like 1

ah ok sweet. That was my plan, having something to cool the air down without injecting it into the engine. That way the tune wont be dependant on it.

Its just an idea at the moment but will see what happens. So you say yours sprays from the back of the core? I thought it would be better to have it blow through the core? But if your getting the results shooting it from the back then that would be better. Dont really want to attract attention either.

Thanks Phil :) Will look into a NOS purge kit if I decide to go that way

Yeah it definetely would be better from the front. But I just mounted it from the rear so it would be completely hidden. You literally can't say any part of it.

It's already got one.

Palmyra.

It's been built to suit the majority demographic in Mackay. Sad but true.

I remember whan I lived in the area 20 years ago there was talk of one in Gladstone out near the harbour. Anything further ever happen with that?

just had a look, looks to just be a drag strip??

i got told about an actual racetrack