SAU Community

Catalytic Converter, What To Get..

Fugi

Hey guys,

After a long week of getting my new power FC installed and got my self a terrific tune at Race Pace it has ended badly. I went to race pace thinking that i had a full turbo back 3" zorst however after reciving my car i was told that my cat was a povo 2.5".. :P .. Whats the point...

so race pace did the best job they could gettin 150rwkw out of my car... yea i know dont laugh... just because the mechanics that put my exhast on are very stupid... and ripped me off..

So as the title states i am looking for a Cat converter im not the ritches guy but i do like spoilling my car.

So what brands should i look for???

i have a R32 GTSt looking for 3" cat.

Thanks.

There are some cheap ones on ebay, I wonder how they would go... surely the straight pipe that bolts in (ie, no cat) would only do good things. They are about $80 on ebay. If you are running a stock one at the moment, its probably very old and blocked, so you'd notice the difference removing it.

This is the cat you want.

post-14974-1162251135.jpg

I think it's made by magnaflow, it's a metal cat. It is classified as a 3.5" inlet/outlet cat, one

side is centred, the other is offset. No flanges on it, and it costs about $400 if you get it wholesale.

There might be a GB on that will get you one cheaper.

The actual cat section is the bit in the middle; the other parts have no material in them and are to expand

it out from 3.5" or whatever your input size is. If your input size is smaller, make an expander :yucky:

I sectioned it back to suit my 4" pipework and external gate's outlet - you could probably put this into

6" pipework if you really wanted (but you would be well outside the manufacturer's designed operating

range then).

Am going to get it emissions-tested; when I do, I'll post the results. Seat-of-the-pants feel is that

this single cat outflows the dual 3" catco cats I had on my last exhaust by a little... but that's only

a feeling at this stage :sick:

Regards,

Saliya

Edited by saliya

metalcat 3" cat. stainless outsite, stainless inside! no ceramic rubbish! $280. form the group buy section but you need to flanges put on it or order one with the correct flanges :D mine performs like I have no restriction in the exhaust at all.

sorry to jump in, but now i'm concerned.

what size does my cat look to be. this is a 3 inch pipe before and after the cat.

thats the standard 2.5 inch compliance cat from when the car was imported.

Sorry to say but its time for a new one.

Yea i have been looking at a magnaflow.. but i might cheack out this one on ebay.. not the straight pipe with a bolt on it though not readdy to pay thousands in fines...

Ay monkeyboy looks like u have the same problem as me.. i renember seeing a thread of this guy selling alot of stuff a little while back and he was sellin 2 magnaflows but i doubt they are as HC as saliya's cat damm..

so might want to have a look...

Edited by Fugi

X-Force 3 inch highlow - Stainless Flanged cat - (Flows up to 570 cfm)

$160 delivered from Just Jap. You cant beat that price. It's a forum special. Usually $199+delivery.

I just ordered one.

here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.justjap.com/forumxforcespecial.htm

Edited by Munkyb0y

except the x force ones flow not much better than what you already have.

Metal cat are the best on the market. get one of them you won't be sorry.

don't go a cheapie