SAU Community

Has Anyone Tried To Interface A Larger Screen On A Pfc?

Adriano

I agree that the datalogit makes it easier to dyno, but i dont want to have a laptop sitting in the car all the time. It would be good to be able to display 2 or 4 gauges on a smallish screen for easy viewing when driving.

it would be good if you get an rsm style screen for the PFC and plug it in

then you could choose between digital guages, didgital output and have it closer to the driver. the rsm is ace, if only it could show knocking

yeah ive got a busted 26 controller here

actually ive just looked at the unit in the powerfc FAQ and it looks the same as the one used in the hand controller ive got open here on my desk

the one inside the FC controller has a 20 pin connector with A and C on the right hand side like the one on the site here

http://graphic-lcd-lcds.shopeio.com/invent...b=Graphic%20Lcd

i didnt realise they had a common 20 pin connector, i thought all the crap on the back was part of the FC

it appears all the crap behind it is the logic for the LCD display. ace ill order one of those screens (out of stock) and wire it up to my working 25 controller

i wanna put it on a safc stand and have it next to my rsm, so that knock is more visible

the main board for the LCD display has 3 chips on the back

all hitachi chips with

5L1

HD 5

61202TFIA

Japan

The board has SII with a black dot

also has E91964 340 in white print

REV B

G1216

B1N (in a white box)

on the underside of the backlit display i can see

020596 in big black numbers

and in small gold numbers i can see D2161

The lcd needs to have the exact same controller or an equivalent as the original LCD otherwise the instruction set will be wrong and you won't get anything at all.

Because the original LCD is 128x64, you can't go any higher in resolution without going to a different controller. You might be able to go up in size but keep the same resolution but not by much.

Only way I can see you getting a larger display would be to figure out the powerFC serial protocol (datalogit and the handcontroller would use the exact same protocol) then program a microcontroller to get the data and put it on a larger display.

Is the powerFC datalogit cable USB or serial? If its serial it would have to be an asynchronous serial port. USB it could be either.

If someone has a dead powerFC I'd have a crack at it. It just so happens I have a graphic lcd in the mail :laugh:

If anyone has any electronics questions about it... just fire off a PM and I'll see what I can do