SAU Community

Turbo Timer

Adz2332

Are all turbo timers the same? Do they all do the same things? I want to put one in my car but i dunno which one to get. but i found this one on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...mMakeTrack=true Will this be ok for a r33 GTST? and wot is a good price? the only reason i went wid that one is cos it looks good! Also is it the type of thing i can install myself? thanks again, sorry bout all these stupid questions! :D

apex-i makes good products, def a good one to get as u can conceal it too.

I have a greddy turbo timer - reason i paid extra and got htat was because it had other functions like 0-100kph, 0-400m, and so on....but the blue glow from it makes it visible to cops etc.

Edit: You can probably install it yourself, but if ur not sure, best to take it to a mechanic. You dont want to fck up the electrics in your car :D

Edited by emsta2003

apex-i makes good products, def a good one to get as u can conceal it too.

I have a greddy turbo timer - reason i paid extra and got htat was because it had other functions like 0-100kph, 0-400m, and so on....but the blue glow from it makes it visible to cops etc.

Edit: You can probably install it yourself, but if ur not sure, best to take it to a mechanic. You dont want to fck up the electrics in your car :D

How much was your greddy one? what model is it, ill look it up. those features sound cool...

How much was your greddy one? what model is it, ill look it up. those features sound cool...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...st&id=67091

thats the pic i posted up for another member - its about 130 when i bought it - the apexi was 110 or something

another one

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...st&id=67092

illegal, dont bother installing one. If u thrash the car within an inch of its life before u stop u deserve it to die.

9/10 times slow down to a normal cruise speed before u get where ure going is enough to cool the turbo down. Unless of course u own a trust turbo which is oil only...

Edited by Bl4cK32

Adam, the turbo timer in that ad definitely looks like a fake. I have a real one, and it is nowhere near that long, and doesn't come in black. I have heard of many fakes getting about especially on Ebay. I would check the Apexi website to compare pics, as the box doesn't look right either. I paid about $150 for mine some years ago. The turbo timer function of it stopped working after only a year, but the rest of it still works (afr meter = very useful, battery volts, air flow).

That said, I wouldn't bother getting a turbo timer at all - like Balck32 said, it is much better for you to drive calmly for the last minute of your journey, than to make your car illegal. Better for your engine too.

Adam, the turbo timer in that ad definitely looks like a fake. I have a real one, and it is nowhere near that long, and doesn't come in black. I have heard of many fakes getting about especially on Ebay. I would check the Apexi website to compare pics, as the box doesn't look right either. I paid about $150 for mine some years ago. The turbo timer function of it stopped working after only a year, but the rest of it still works (afr meter = very useful, battery volts, air flow).

That said, I wouldn't bother getting a turbo timer at all - like Balck32 said, it is much better for you to drive calmly for the last minute of your journey, than to make your car illegal. Better for your engine too.

thanks mate! will forget that and look at a retuable dealer

Are all turbo timers the same? Do they all do the same things? I want to put one in my car but i dunno which one to get. but i found this one on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...mMakeTrack=true Will this be ok for a r33 GTST? and wot is a good price? the only reason i went wid that one is cos it looks good! Also is it the type of thing i can install myself? thanks again, sorry bout all these stupid questions! :wave:

i got a Apexi pen style one

as new condition

PM me if u are interest

your probably better off asking these types of questions (and a few of the others you have asked) in other sections of SAU as this part of the site is primarily for SA related topics! Hope you don't take it the wrong way!

I would say the reason it's black is because its an Auto Timer not a Turbno Timer - as far as I know both do the same thing, but Auto Timers are designed for non-turbos and may even be useable only on automatics, thought that point I'm not sure about.

I have one. Put it into my alarm system aswell.

I wish i never spent the money on it. As others have said. You go for a thrash and on the way home u are bound to be going easy as u have to fight with traffic.

So dont get one unless your into the wank factor of having a t/t. Like I was lol.

I would just spend the money on something else.

I paid $160 for mine and another $90 to install it.

Biggest waste of money ever.

I in no way mean this in an offensive way mate.

Just think about if you really need it. Or you need/ want a biger turbo or turbo back exhaust.

Turbo Timers will catch you out as well.