SAU Community

C210 Gtr

NISMO

can I get some opinions guys?

I was thinking of building my C210 to what I think it would be like if Nissan continued with a GTR, before they went Turbo.

The plan as it stands right now is to do the following.

L24 and auto gearbox get ripped out

240z pre pollution twin carbs and manifold bought. Extractors and exhaust bought

L28 could be on the cards.

Respray (currently green and flakey, tossing up either Black, Silver or white)

Round tailights (rare as rocking horse sh!t. Found and bought)

Flares around the wheel arches (rare as round tailights, found, checking on other body parts)

Boot spoiler from C110

Front chin spoiler from C210 (found, checking on shipping)

Side mirrors moved to front fenders (not sure if this legal, but found a set anyway)

suspension completely redone (not hardcore race set up, just better than stock)

Watanabe or similar wheels

Mix of C10 and C110 badging including maybe old GTR badges (found)

I know alot of people will say don't make it something it's not, but hey it's not as if I'm messing with a classic or anything. Besides Nissan stuffed up when they stopped the GTR at the C110, so I'm here to fix it.

At the end of the day, the aim is to have a decent period car, that will still handle quite poorly compared to todays standards and scare you a bit in the rain. I'm not thinking along the lines of a restoration to original specs. The C210 is quite boring to bother with this.

What do you think?

Edited by NISMO

alphadog is selling his car

that is a prime example of a gtr replica

alpha's is by far the best I have seen. Genuine tidy car.

Me, just shooying for something to have a bit of fun in, without going through big dollars :-)

Well that's the plan anyway

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates.

Not too much to tell.

Tailights bought

Have found the wheel arch flares, no just seeing if I can ship the front lip spoiler as well. (might be too big)

Having trouble finding an L26/L28 in sydney so, might se what the L24's got left in her. Going tomorrow to pick up electronic ignition. Found an L series manifold with twin webbers, just waiting on confirmation if it will suit the C210.

Extractors and exhaust bought.

Sourced new shocks, haven't really looked for other suspension bits yet.

So, not much progress, but progress none the less :-)

Cheers

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

I just put some King Springs over pedders shocks for the front on ebay. They may not be ideal for your needs - having the shocks already and all, but Ill put them aside for you if your interested. Unfortunately someone bought the rear shocks and springs seperately for a trailer project!

Drew

Are you going to modify C110 flares to fit or are they specially moulded flares to fit C210?

Thanks to you, I'm getting C210 flares :-) I saw on your forsale thread where you got them from and, Kameari Engine works have them for the C210. I'll hopefully findout tomorrow if I can ship the front chin spoiler with the flares, and if not I'll just order the flares for now.

They're actually costing me less than the lights.

Drew,

I'll let you know dude. I'm gonna struggle to get the exhaust back to Sydney. The poeple who were gonna drive it back are now also flying down to Melb with me. So I'll probably have to chop it up a little to mail it. :)

cheers

Bobby

Guys,

I saw in a thread once that certain model Aussie dato had the same size/style front and rear bumpers as the C210. Any ideas?

Did a quick search and no luck.

Both mine have bends from being hit before I bought the car.

Awesome, Kameari's fibreglass items I got were excellent quality - just paint and fit! Hopefully it'll be the same for you. I had front and rear spoilers shipped with flares so they CAN do it. I guess it is just the money factor at the end of the day. You might be able to get something similar here for less.

I'm glad you're going about the right way with this. Too many people are scared to spend any money on these cars but you're changing all that! Good on you :(

I don't think any other Nissan would have exactly the same bumpers but I think the most similar would be the later 200B with the big bumpers. Thought about running no bumpers?

Awesome, Kameari's fibreglass items I got were excellent quality - just paint and fit! Hopefully it'll be the same for you. I had front and rear spoilers shipped with flares so they CAN do it. I guess it is just the money factor at the end of the day. You might be able to get something similar here for less.

I'm glad you're going about the right way with this. Too many people are scared to spend any money on these cars but you're changing all that! Good on you :D

I don't think any other Nissan would have exactly the same bumpers but I think the most similar would be the later 200B with the big bumpers. Thought about running no bumpers?

thanks mate,

how good is the Kameari website. I could blow 10k in 5 mins on that site.

the goal is to try and make it look like the old school cars in Japan, rather than just beef up the motor and keep the body stock.

have thought about no bumpers, but will need to take them off to see whats behind. I really like the flat look like the c110.

At the moment it's rough as, paint flaking soggy suspension, but I really enjoy driving it. So if I can get everything done to it I want, it's gonna be a keeper.

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/

Use something like google translator, but their catalogue is in pictures so it can't be translated. The pics say alot though :-)

There are a few people on this site that purchase stuff from Japan.

The initial quote I have for the flares is around $400 to my door. With the lip I should find out this week.