SAU Community

Diff Whine

Argh-Ess

Anyone else had a diff whine from the rear in their Stag? Mine is from about 80-100km/h an only under deacceleration. At the recent QLD stagea meet, mine was the one with the most mileage (132,XXX) :laugh: , dunno if this could affect it. I suggest keep an eye on your fluid though....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Full results via link below https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1inu1mRRO0WjV2-3vGYsjnmYggVOzmApWOby68GwPGcI/edit?usp=sharing  
    • Have I not posted since 2022 ? wow... Yes, it's pretty much finished mechanically. I'll probably sell it soon as the old man is 80 in November, so 99% he won't ever drive it again. I don't really need 3 GT-R's and I haven't driven any of them since September last year - correction, drove my 33 earlier this year on Australia day. All of them have been like this since then.
    • So, after talking to Tyson at Auto Tech Engineering about my "cunning plan", he suggested to "not piss money away on stuff that the car probably doesn't need" (the max IAT at the end of the 1/4 ever only seen around 30°C, which is in no way a issue, and as such, for what I use the car for I really don't need colder IAT anyway The whole point of the "upgrades" that I thought about doing was that my IAT started creeping up from 25°C to 30°C when cruising, then drop back down, then raise back up, rinsing and repeating, it has never done that before, so after talking to FI interchillers they assumed that it was the Bosch pump starting to fail, and if I was going to replace the pump....... I would do my usual thing of "while where in there" But, Tyson said he has seen similar things happen to IAT with failing or leaking AC compressors on other cars with interchillers, and as the AC compressor is 22 years old it is probably well on the way out anyway, and if a electric water pump fails it stays failed and doesn't just speed up and slow dow, but if a AC compressor starts to fail or is leaking, it will fluctuate and give a typical result to the IAT He said he could test the compressor and see how it is functioning and pressure test the whole system, but, as I do, I've just got them to order a new compressor to install to start with, and do a AC service and see if that fixes the issue That way, if it is the compressor, I wouldn't be spending lots of coin on something that wasn't the issue, and not actually needed, as the stage 2 kit, and pump, comes in at around $2k in parts alone, not including the plumbing and other parts that will be required or labour  And apparently the Bosch pump I have is really reliable and well up to task for the flow/pressure requirements that I need to keep my intercooler and massive amounts of boost heat (7 psi LOL) under control giving a nice and cold IAT A big shout out to Tyson for this, not many people will talk a idiot out of wasting money on car modifications, and the saved car budget funding can be wasted elsewhere on things that I may, or may not, need, like a nice new leather SS interior with red stitching......maybe I can convince the Minister for War and Finances into a nice trip down to Victoria for a week away to see the sights (I'll explain that I will need a hire car once we're down there so we don't have to worry about the Commodore being parked up on the streets at night, and it just so happens there's a joint that I can store it during that time) $1680 for all of the interior trims, + installation cost (I'll ask for a quote to install the trim if the new compressor fixes the issue)   https://leatherseats.com.au/products/leather-seats-trim-skins-kit-to-fit-vt-vx-vy-ser1-ss-green-black-diy-install  
    • Anyone here know the answer?....missing since the w/e...
    • Google tells me that's a Japanese Rat Snake... 2m long? Man I think Australia has traumatised me to think all snakes are dangerous unless they're pythons. Also... "16 years later..." is that a record on SAU @PranK?