SAU Community

2007 F1 Season

wolverine

interesting that ol mikey sent his missus down to the local kinkos to photocopy the ferrari docs... lol. he really has a bit to learn about industrial espionage.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

interesting that ol mikey sent his missus down to the local kinkos to photocopy the ferrari docs... lol. he really has a bit to learn about industrial espionage.

right! what a knob.

and i have a juicy little IP that shows up a name related to mikey poo on the testimonials of a certain photocopying company..

click here for a giggle..

http://www.teamgt.co.uk/index.php?pg=16

According to BBC and F1live...

US GP has been axed, effective from 2008 onward....

Bernie... What a bastard....

Lets have 2 Spanish GP's because everyone has an Alonso fetish and let us completely f**k off Hockenheim, Imola, A1 Ring and Indi and let us go to bum f**k places like Singapore, India, Dubai and Russia that no one really gives a shit about....

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

you said exactly what i was thinking months ago ...yet in laymans terms..

Edited by m3gtr

well she should have bought a copier for home too, instead of just buying up equipment for tyrell.

Right. And look what happened to Tyrell!

...dare i say McLaren in the same sentence?? How many women does it take to bring down a great man.....?

ONLY ONE.

US grand prix at Laguna seca FTW!

F1's in the corkscrew!

And with the whole mclaren vs ferrari thing, there is one thing I do not understand.

IF McLaren were using and benifiting from ferrari's design, why oh why were they beating the p!ss out of them on the track? Surely the only reason you'd copy another design is if it would make the car go faster? Why copy a slower car?

And if they somehow managed to find a benefit that Ferrari overlooked, well then they just refined the engineering better.

Still, if they allow this sort of thing now, it could green light even more espionage, and we all know that this has never happened before :)

you said exactly what i was thinking months ago ...yet in laymans terms..

I'm quite proud of being a brutal pragmatist... A tree if a tree and a rock is a rock.... No need to mince words...

Btw, what happened to Tyrrell? I was probably not around... Does it involve Harvey Postlewaithe (sp?) and the late 80's design... The car Jean Alesi drove at the Phoenix GP with that revolutionary front nose/wing??

US grand prix at Laguna seca FTW!

F1's in the corkscrew!

And with the whole mclaren vs ferrari thing, there is one thing I do not understand.

IF McLaren were using and benifiting from ferrari's design, why oh why were they beating the p!ss out of them on the track? Surely the only reason you'd copy another design is if it would make the car go faster? Why copy a slower car?

And if they somehow managed to find a benefit that Ferrari overlooked, well then they just refined the engineering better.

Still, if they allow this sort of thing now, it could green light even more espionage, and we all know that this has never happened before :laugh:

From what ive been told and what ive read, Coughlan and Stepney were planning to take the data and other members and defect to honda wherein, they would create a F2007-esque car. It has backfired on all players except one....Honda. They were smart enough to cover themselves and once the proverbial hit the fan, they succinctly pleaded innocence and ignorance towards the whole deal..as well they would mind you..

I disagree with you. The ferrari is the technically superior car, notwithstanding the bridgestone tyres its shod with. Again, its not so much what McLaren has to gain but Honda...

This has happened many times before too..do you not remember 2 ferrari employees only just recently being sentenced to jail time for selling ferrari secrets to toyota/??

I'm quite proud of being a brutal pragmatist... A tree if a tree and a rock is a rock.... No need to mince words...

Btw, what happened to Tyrrell? I was probably not around... Does it involve Harvey Postlewaithe (sp?) and the late 80's design... The car Jean Alesi drove at the Phoenix GP with that revolutionary front nose/wing??

sounds like you were around and so was I!

Tyrell was bought by BAR in 1998 and never looked like the team it once was..

that tyrell your talking about, the 19, was what we have become used to in modern F1..without ken, well...who knows what would have happened. Postlethwaite was a key to the design of that car as you may well know.

Alesi was a bloody hothead and Nakajima was a boat anchor the 19 didnt need..

shame really. if they had a diferent set of drivers in that car, who knows where tyrell would be right now.

There were some shocking Japanese drivers throughout the 90's...

Nakajima... Katayama (Truth be told though, you need courage to drive with a tumour on your spine though).. Shinji Nakano... Tora Takagi....

I wasn't around at the time though, I've just come from a family that love motorsport... The number of times I've seen that clip of Alesi harrying Senna I couldn't tell you... Typical 'tifosi' I am, but I still love F1 as a sport, but I'm having trouble getting over Schumacher... I'm getting withdrawal symptoms without constant exposure to that chin/jaw...

how ironic that this dame worked at tyrell and bought copiers for tyrell and tyrell are the only F1 team to be excluded from F1. and now she is pinned doing hubbys dirty work whilst he's working at mclaren, photcopying docs, and they now stand to be the second team ever to be excluded.

i must say though that to me it's just typical sensationalist crap from the media. no way will FIA exclude mclaren. maybe a big fine, and they may even make them sit out 1 or 2 GPs (which FIA will love as it'll spice up the WDC and paint hamilton and alonso as the underdogs) but they wont bar them from the season.

There were some shocking Japanese drivers throughout the 90's...

Nakajima... Katayama (Truth be told though, you need courage to drive with a tumour on your spine though).. Shinji Nakano... Tora Takagi....

I wasn't around at the time though, I've just come from a family that love motorsport... The number of times I've seen that clip of Alesi harrying Senna I couldn't tell you... Typical 'tifosi' I am, but I still love F1 as a sport, but I'm having trouble getting over Schumacher... I'm getting withdrawal symptoms without constant exposure to that chin/jaw...

The race you are thinking of was in the US from 1990, Pheonix, I believe. To be honest I cannot remember if the Tyrrell had the anhedral/dihedral (can't remember which is down) front wing at that race. It was introduced that year, but not in the first few races I think.

If you want a proper example of a team being fkd over by the FIA have a look at what they did to Ken in the mid eighties. Made up some seriously dodgy allegations of him using illegal fuel so they could make everyone run turbo motors. It was nothing short of a disgrace.

I don't think you can lay the blame for the teams long term demise at the feet of the Japanese pay drivers. Tyrrell had their last good chance to make an impact when they scored Honda V10 engines (when McLaren went to the V12's in '91) and had Stefano Modena driving for them. They had good sponsorship from Braun, but unfortunately the Pirelli tyres combined with the new motors heft made them uncompetitive in a year when they needed to reestablish themselves. After that they never had the money to return tot he top levels.

Winkelhock gets Albers seat apparently......for the Nurburgring at least.

albers was dropped plenty ago. Klien had a test recently and didnt fare to badly but they still have Karthikeyan and Winkelhock to evaluate..

it means dick all..it still just a lowly Spyker seat anyway and this years car is an utter dog so i dont really see it as anything geting excited over..

the person who gets the seat will have to jockey with S.A to get any prime time anyway and that wont be much!

albers was dropped plenty ago. Klien had a test recently and didnt fare to badly but they still have Karthikeyan and Winkelhock to evaluate..

it means dick all..it still just a lowly Spyker seat anyway and this years car is an utter dog so i dont really see it as anything geting excited over..

the person who gets the seat will have to jockey with S.A to get any prime time anyway and that wont be much!

Geez.....someone got out of the wrong side of bed. I think everyone was well aware Albers was dropped a while ago but as his replacement was still up in the air when I read news that Winkelhock was fairly certain for the seat I thought I might share.

Geez.....someone got out of the wrong side of bed. I think everyone was well aware Albers was dropped a while ago but as his replacement was still up in the air when I read news that Winkelhock was fairly certain for the seat I thought I might share.

sorry! did i come across a bit too strong..??

gomenne!

i still stand by my opinion on Spyker...not necessarily related to your post..dont take it personal!