SAU Community

skyline vs pulser gtir

Guest lixid

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**** yeah van damn was fast back in his days just like the r32 back in its days and still is....like i wanted somebody fast and strong but if u choose strength their not fast. jet li has good moves but in real life he isnt much of a fighter just like jackie chan. they rely on ****en sound effects and people jumping like idiots. they ****en can do more shit than a monkey on extacy but their not strong trust me. their more of a moves and speed persons. the godzilla is like bruce lee...:-)....is a legend and still lives on and is ****en strong too..i take van damn and put bruce lee inplace of that top bloke..**** i musta been high on insect killer spray fumes to say van damn...

man next time i see a guy in a wrx, GTR, or Gt-iR or lancer... in a car park im gona take my dads patrol and do what slim shady describes in his song "real slim shady"...im gonna f*cken circle(donuts) screaming out i dont give a f*ck with the windows down and the system up.. but will the 4wd tip?

I don't know what's funnier. The fact that you're now making up crap that Ula's R32 ran a 15 second or the fact that you only ran a 14 sec (14.5 @ 98mph)

First of all. Ula's slowest run was a 13.9. This was because be launched at a paultry 3000rpms. He DIDN'T crack into the 12's until he launched at 7000-8000rpm. He's 13 second runs we're due to the fact he was launching like a bitch. I know, I was there.

As for your 14.5 second 1/4 mile time at 98 mph. GOOD LUCK cracking the 13's with that terminal speed. You can make up all the excuses about traction but everyone who has the slightest idea about terminal speeds will tell you that it determinines what times you should be getting. 98mph isn't good enough to crack the 13's with rwd.

Stick to color coding your door handles.

Originally posted by INASNT

poyz hes i do know u and ula with the r32!

as for calder and my 14 sec run, its calder, i can get better traction on any street road, dont forget ula ran 1 run at 15 sec coz of traction issues at calder even with 4wd!

next time u r down tell ula and we can meet and have a few runs and see how i go.  

Only rolling races for now, my clutch is real doughy at the moment.

slap my ass and call me bitch coz of my crap launches! launching was a learning experience that day, but i think i did my best. comparing a GTi-R to a skyline stock for stock, its clear who the winner will be but most cars aren't stock. its all about the mods. each has its adavantages and disadvantages but at the end of the day, i admire all cars that are faster than me, even GTi-R's (just keep that 180 limiter Poyz!). if i didnt get the GTr my next choice in the list would be a GTi-R or an EVO, no doubt. i'm 4wd biased coz i know i won't be able to handle rwd. heh. but thats me. :P

Originally posted by poyz

As for your 14.5 second 1/4 mile time at 98 mph. GOOD LUCK cracking the 13's with that terminal speed. You can make up all the excuses about traction but everyone who has the slightest idea about terminal speeds will tell you that it determinines what times you should be getting. 98mph isn't good enough to crack the 13's with rwd.

that 98mph was with 150kw@wheels now i got 183kw@wheels, so 13 wont b hard to get now!

didnt u sell your gti-r anyway?

Taken at the same dyno? I don't place too much trust in dyno figures. It's too easy to fudge figures. As for your 13 second 1/4 mile, many 4WD turbos (2.0l) on street can easily crack the 12's nowadays. Esp around Melb.

Nope, keeping it now.

that 98mph was with 150kw@wheels now i got 183kw@wheels, so 13 wont b hard to get now!

didnt u sell your gti-r anyway?

yes same dyno, and 1 that reads alot lower than many others, ask ULA about race pace and he will tell u!

anyway when u comin to mel again?

Yeah, apparently it reads low.

But Ula's dyno output coincides with his 1/4 mile time.

I dunno, but are you really that eager to get beat :P

edit: my spalling sucked :P

yes same dyno, and 1 that reads alot lower than many others, ask ULA about race pace and he will tell u!

anyway when u comin to mel again?

well considering u got new turbo power fc and new cams and i am running stock of those it would be a fair race to beging with then would it!

i will run u, if u beat me u beat if u dont u dont, dont matter either way

GTiR's are cool little cars. Just right for your girlfriend and her shopping.

They are quick for what they are. Quite easy to get into 13's with them, not so easy to get them into 12's (without breakage). Ultimately they are of a fairly poor build quality (just like every other pulsar) and the intercooler is a joke. Do some alterations here and there and there is plenty of fun to be had (unless you are over 6ft like me )

Beat an R32GTR? there is nothing a GTiR does better than a GTR performance wise. Things other than performance the GTiR does do better: break down, overheat, fall appart, rust, carry more shopping and pack in a loud stereo. Oh and look like a cheap ass car (nothing worse than getting beaten by a cheap ass looking car).

They make an ok rally car (not a good one).

I don't have a new turbo. It's actually 40k-50k km's old.

Ula has the PFC and Cam Gears (not cams)

You're running stock? Cause a stockish GTS-t cannot beat a stockish i-R if both drivers are on the ball.

well considering u got new turbo power fc and new cams and i am running stock of those it would be a fair race to beging with then would it!

i will run u, if u beat me u beat if u dont u dont, dont matter either way

Originally posted by poyz

You're running stock? Cause a stockish GTS-t cannot beat a stockish i-R if both drivers are on the ball.

Funny that.

I've beaten a stockish GTiR, twice convicingly (exhaust/filter boost). They get the first 60ft by a nose and then I stomped on them. But who really cares my car is no speed freak and neither is 99% of the GTiR's driving around.

Have yet to have the honour of losing to one. Maybe you can have the first honour by statistically beating me, go down to calder or whatever and spank the skylines.

Funnier still.

I ran a 13.1 over two years ago now, at Calder. I have the time slips if you want them. They should even be on the fullboost site.

This was before the engine rebuilt with stronger internals and other goodies to suit. Not bad for something you said that is unreliable, over heats, rusts and shit. I wonder how long your skyline will last with the several interstate trips I've done with my i-R between Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney.

I haven't ran it since then but I happily spank a 12.7 R32 GTR with me running less boost (1 bar) than I have it tuned for (1.4 bar) ... this was because the GTR was running 1 bar.

Here's the fullboost link. Mine is the grey GTi-R

http://www.fullboost.com.au/racing/dragmee...alder_0101.html

And yes, it's my daily drive, my interstate drive, my daily hoon, my daily 7500grand rev and my daily 1.4bar (~20psi) shopping machine.

Yet to overheat, rust, and install a big ass stereo in the hatch. Hell, I even have the crappy 14" steel wheels on it.

Originally posted by rev210

Funny that.

I've beaten a stockish GTiR, twice convicingly (exhaust/filter boost). They get the first 60ft by a nose and then I stomped on them. But who really cares my car is no speed freak and neither is 99% of the GTiR's driving around.

Have yet to have the honour of losing to one. Maybe you can have the first honour by statistically beating me, go down to calder or whatever and spank the skylines.

I take my hat off to the faster car. 13.15 is pretty good. There was another GTiR on that day only managed a 13.6, still good enough to spank most gtst's.

I am quite sure I put more km's on mine than most, about 35-40,000kms each year.

so you have now run a 12.7 at the drags, thats pretty fast for the shopping trolley. What size turbo did you put on? Aftermarket management?

i ran the official time of 12.7. i've ran Poyz many times in its current state and i can't beat him. on take off, rolling start it doesnt make a difference. he's always a difference of 2-3 car lengths ahead. so at the drags we expect it to go faster than my 12.7.

Yeah Its me mate :P

Well remeber Ivan ran a 12.3 on the stock turbo in his GTiR.

Shows what the little rocket can do.

I'm hoping for a flat 13 on Weds, then I'll be doing a little 'development' and will then be hoping for mid 12's on the stock turbo, top mount etc etc

Anyway you poof, howcome you never go the the drags in yours? Scared of mrs little weak gearbox! lol

ps - I'm down your way 15th Feb and I hope I can get my car back from C&V today for Weds night

Hey rev210,

I'll race you anytime. Give us a break mate.

No need to call our car a peice of poo.

Whats wrong, cant you afford to buy the real deal Mr Skyline Taxi??? Geez, your one of them, I drive a GTST, my car is better than everything on the road. MATE - ITS NOT A GTR

Go home.

Stock GTiR running Pod Exhaust 14psi.

I'll blow you out of the water. And I'll leave it at that.

Tell me about C&V! Perhaps they just got complancent on your car. Sorry to hear, I feel bad for ever recommending them.

Yes, Ivan's did do a 12.3 @ 109mph on a standard car. Just the basic turbo mods really, boost (1.4 bar), chiptorque, 3" exhaust. But with a bloody gearbox shattering launch I reckon a 12 is possible on most i-R's with the basic turbo mods as long as it's tuned via a replacement ECU or daughterboard so timing/fueling are perfect.

Make sure to post a Ivan style post of the events at the Creek tomorrow night.

As my taking mine to the drags. I've gotta fix the weakest link before I can fully realise it's potential. Remember, I stripped 2nd gear when the car came on boost, not when I shifted into it. I drive it like a granny in 1st and 2nd nowadays. Launches are also a thing of the past too. But I do miss it. Thats why I get Ula to launch his R32...they're hella fun taking off at the rev limiter :P

The 15th sounds good. I'll be around town and we'll try to organise a meet up with the other iR guys in this town.

Originally posted by wrxkilla

Yeah Its me mate ;)

Well remeber Ivan ran a 12.3 on the stock turbo in his GTiR.

Shows what the little rocket can do.

I'm hoping for a flat 13 on Weds, then I'll be doing a little 'development' and will then be hoping for mid 12's on the stock turbo, top mount etc etc

Anyway you poof, howcome you never go the the drags in yours? Scared of mrs little weak gearbox! lol

ps - I'm down your way 15th Feb and I hope I can get my car back from C&V today for Weds night

Originally posted by wrxkilla

Hey Inasnt,

I'll race you anytime. Give us a break mate.

No need to call our car a peice of poo.

Whats wrong, cant you afford to buy the real deal Mr Skyline Taxi??? Geez, your one of them, I drive a GTST, my car is better than everything on the road. MATE - ITS NOT A GTR

Go home.

Stock GTiR running Pod Exhaust 14psi.

I'll blow you out of the water. And I'll leave it at that.

when did i say they were a piece of poo??

:P