SAU Community

skyline vs pulser gtir

Guest lixid

wrxkilla

the gti-r is a great car no doubt, but not the best thing since sliced bread as you have made it out to be! :D

U r right about the habibs tho cereal, all those vl turbo drivin wankers have upgraded to r33's!! its suxs

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep ok cool INASNT

yeah I know, I was just digging to be noticed.

Its cool. I appreciate the GTR is overall a completely better car. I accept that.

Cheers - Hopefully see a load of you fellas out at he Creek on Weds :D

Originally posted by Duncan

No worries, bring it to Oran Park on the 16th:D  Lets see if a  GTS-T is any good :D 

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...=&threadid=7950

Hi Duncun,

I'll take a step back - I gave slightly the wrong impression.

Yep I understand tehre will be GTSTs out htere that will, well probably munch me, but hey, Thats life.

I was just havin a dig a a vast majority out there.

So How are you guys for numbers? Do you need a couple of extras For the Track Day?

Eheemmmmmmmm

ok i dont own a ****en car anymorebut ive driven both a pulsar ti-r and a Gtr. the Gti-R to me was like a fast go-kart good round da streets and zippy round da corners. yet the GTR felt like its older brother who had a bigger body and more powerful engine threatening to whoop his ass. the GTR sounded beastier and its presents felt better. its like if u cant afford a Gtr get a Gti-R. but the GTRs straight six twin turbo f*cken sound sick. races on the street are a load of shit. both stock, the Gtr would win and somewhere throughout this thread some dope said that a Gtr will win on roll on but not on take off. what u on about the Gtr kicks wrx on take off...especially with da help of the ATTESSA system and plus GTR has much much more potential in the long term than a pulsar. the pulsar has limits but a GTR theres always room for improvement. yet even if i lost when i was in a Gtr against a pulsar il still look sick losing it. its not the car its the work thats been done to its engine that matters. Gti-R is a good car but il still prefer a GTR as a car to ownin a straight line or round corners. Gti-R is like Jet Lee(small body with good power-speed ratio) anbd GTR is John Claudde Van Damn-->i mean Bruce Lee...(some massive c*nt with power and speed)

For a GTiR to beat a GTR - the victory is plausible and calls for a celebration. Its like David versus Goliath. However, if it was reversed, then the victory is expected and nothing to be excited about :rolleyes:

btw Jet Li would kick Van Damme's ass anyday!!! lolz...Van Damm has speed??? hmm that is questionable :D

he he he lol

Yep were all Nissans. Thats the main thing. All Good cars.

I've not no Problem admitting my little GTiR is Second to GTR.

Just get over you power trip dude.

And I CAN afford a GTR. I choose to drive the baby R.

Cheers

Well said wrxkilla (whelan?).

I've owned my GTi-R now for over two years. My friend (who earns more money) decided he'd get himself the bigger brother. We went around looking at an R32 GTR. So obviously I've driven both.

And obviously we all know which car is better all around. This is so for a reason, besides the obvious price tag.

And I agree with wrxkilla, I do look up to the GTR. But this is not to say a GTR vs a GTi-R is a one sided contest (in a straight line - my car's needs suspension work :(

I've reeled him in over and over again when getting the jump on me off the line. He can vouch for this. He's on this forum. (I just hope he reads this post :P

For the record, he's car's only mildly modified.

PowerFC

Boost (1+ bar) via an AVC-R

Cam gears

3.5" exhaust cat back

K&N filters

Mine's got a wee bit more work done to it. But I bet I've still spent less all up on the car + mods.

Originally posted by wrxkilla

Wow,

I'd just like to say, I am a Pulsar GTiR owner.

And to answer a couple of comments......

The Understeer problems can be fixed. - Easily But yes they exist.

And wow, some of you guys are very one eyed. GTR I think you should wake up buddy.

I know Allan_GTiR and watched him bliz that GTST that night.

I have recently run an R32GTR rolling start who was running 14psi recently and to find the chap could only just beat me (coupla lenthgs) to 180. Yes we had a few runs.

In the past I have actually beaten GTRs too. But I aint bragging.

I have yet to lose to a GTST, rolling run, top speed whatever.

Mate if you drive a GTST its a GTST not a bloody GTR.

I have Driven a few GTR 's in the UK, R33's & R32's. And yes I love them. Infact I gave some real serious thought to buying an R33 GTR instead of my current (2nd) GTiR. I may get one one day. Just enjoying the fun, buzz box like giant kiler performance of the little pulsar.

Most GTiR owners do look up to the GTR as it is big brother.

And we appreciate your Car.

But what REALLY annoys me is GTST owners that blab it off and do the whole I'm better than you thing thinking they own a Skyline and their car is the best thing on the road. Wake up.

I respect your GTST, Respect my car. It'll eat you.

Hopefuly I havent come accross like too much of a prick, cause I dont want to create any problems. But I appreciate 90% of you fellas on here agree the GTiR is a good little car. You dont have to like em, thats an opinion. But to appreciate.

Thanks For reading my bloody 20 million character long post :D)

INANST, you're from Melbourne, you should know Ula with the black R32 GTR.

Talk to him about my GTi-R sometime.

If you're not convinced, next time I'm back in Melbourne I'd love to race you.

edit: I remember you know, you were at Calder Park Drags sometime last year. Didn't you run a 14 second quarter mile? As if you could beat a GTiR with 150kw at all 4. A std one puts out about ~100kw at all 4. Something with 150 should be mid to low 13's at least. I bet Ula can vouch for your 14 second qtr mile too, he ran a 12.7 that day. I was there.

Originally posted by INASNT

if the gti-r was such a great car nissan would have kept making them!

i looked at a few when lookin to get my skyline but the interior is nuttin crash hot! very exective like.

From a traffic light drag the gti-r might get the jump on the skyline but on a rolling start the skyline can pull away. Heck with only 155kw@wheels i ran a gtir 4 times with rolling starts upto 180 click and i had 5-6 car lenghts on him each time by 180.

Wow, by that definition the McLaren F1 must be craploa too!

Not to mention the numerous other supercars not in GT3.

Lets see, there's the F40, F50...wow, the list goes on with these craploa cars.

Btw: Are you old enough to drive? My bet, NO! Don't bother replying, just enjoy GT3 and pretend you've driven a car on boost.

Originally posted by PeakRPM

If GTi-R's where sooooo good they would be in GT3, their not so they must be craploa. :(

Originally posted by poyz

Wow, by that definition the McLaren F1 must be craploa too!

Not to mention the numerous other supercars not in GT3.

Lets see, there's the F40, F50...wow, the list goes on with these craploa cars.

Btw: Are you old enough to drive? My bet, NO! Don't bother replying, just enjoy GT3 and pretend you've driven a car on boost.

Good to see another GTiR owner out there :(

Evidently I must point out the heavy use of sarcasm in PeakRPMs post, as you seem to have missed it :P

poyz hes i do know u and ula with the r32!

as for calder and my 14 sec run, its calder, i can get better traction on any street road, dont forget ula ran 1 run at 15 sec coz of traction issues at calder even with 4wd!

next time u r down tell ula and we can meet and have a few runs and see how i go.

Only rolling races for now, my clutch is real doughy at the moment.