SAU Community

'b' Pillar Brace

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love that Brown Davis cage! Must be so damn heavy lol. I had a Brown Davis rollbar in my MX-5 damn it was heavy.

I have the 6-point chromoly Cusco cage. What a difference it made to my car handling wise.

I also have the Do-Luck bar and noticed no difference in handling with it fitted. Tempted to take it out as it's just extra weight.

I also fitted HKS Kansai under body bracing, no difference in feel either. Out of all chassis mods on the cage was a clear difference in feel.

justin, does the b pillar brace interfere with the cusco cage at all? acutally your cage is what they call a 7 point as it has one cross bar at the rear. mine is the 8 point version with another horizontal bar at the back between the two strut towers. :P In the cusco dealers catalogue I have it lists all the weights for the cages. I think the 8 point ones are around 40kg all up :)

Looking at their website its 23.2kgs for a 8pt chromoly cage, that is for s13 though.

Justin, who did u import yours through? What were the shipping fees like?

I'm thinking if shipping is going to cost me a packet i might be able to get something made locally that is legal for the street as well.

I noticed that in yours Richard. Looks the goods!!! I love your seat... hardcore!!! PS: The Do-Luck bar does not interfere with the cage at all.

2630GTS: I get all my JDM goodies from Zi and Yonas at JDMyard.com. They're both friends of mine and I do the odd design job for them so I get trade prices.

260gts, chro mo cage is 23.2kg for 8 point for S13 or 30kg for regular steel 8 point for EVO. They don't list weight for the skyline cages though in the dealer catalogue.

they make them up to 15 point which is pretty hard core.

justin, good to hear the b pillar brace doesn't interfere with the cage, but it seems from what you were saying it's probably a waste of space and $$ so I'll just stick to the cage. with the rear horizontal bar I have anyway it should be pretty firm.

Fkn great thread!

Just one question guys, im from vic, r32, i was after a cage, im told cages are legal as long as they have padding everywhere and dont come within a certain distance between any occupants heads..

im after a cage where i dont have to remove the backs seats and re-register the car as a 2 seater but at the same time, i would like some rigidity...

i have seen the cusco half cages dont have that bar or 'triangleation' like the full cages, but will they be better then nothing? (ps to my knowledge, they are legal in vic)