SAU Community

Big Boys Toys Night

sab

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mav we are pissed the organiser and sponsors are looking into legal action as chadstone is private property, the tmu said that because there were cars driving around the area that it is classified as a highway. However the display sections where secured off from the public and hense still private property.

It was just a slap in the face to have a very senior police member tell you to your face that the event is good to go, they were also invited to have a display and then for this to happen.

The night was going extremely well until i found out tmu were looking over a car near country road section and once they defected the 1st car we called all the drivers/owners in and we decided to cancel the whole thing as chadstone centre management ran the other way.

in total 3 club cars got defected ( we are fixing these up thanks to the sponsors) and even 2 actual promo / demo cars got defected (pioneer ute and orion car)

This was nothing but an act of the police trying to flex their muscle and now lets hope that they have good lawyers as the sponsers of the event have more than enough money to take this all the way!!!!

Mav we are pissed the organiser and sponsors are looking into legal action as chadstone is private property, the tmu said that because there were cars driving around the area that it is classified as a highway. However the display sections where secured off from the public and hense still private property.

It was just a slap in the face to have a very senior police member tell you to your face that the event is good to go, they were also invited to have a display and then for this to happen.

The night was going extremely well until i found out tmu were looking over a car near country road section and once they defected the 1st car we called all the drivers/owners in and we decided to cancel the whole thing as chadstone centre management ran the other way.

in total 3 club cars got defected ( we are fixing these up thanks to the sponsors) and even 2 actual promo / demo cars got defected (pioneer ute and orion car)

This was nothing but an act of the police trying to flex their muscle and now lets hope that they have good lawyers as the sponsers of the event have more than enough money to take this all the way!!!!

Its a shame to hear such a thing would happen... I hope it is all taken upon in the right manner as in, through the legal system and something is done.. Good luck with it all....

And cheers dude :kiss:

Your actually incorrect as my understand of the law inquestion goes.

The car park is actually not safe from defects, only if it was inside chadstone venue itself.

A police officer is well within thier rights to defect anyone in a public carpark, be it privately owned or publically... its still a public carpark that public laws still apply to.

It'll be interesting to see how the lawyers wanna spin it, but the law is the law so its going to be a costly battle where the win % is extremely low

That said, its an absolute disgrace on behalf of the Victoria Police.

Utterly disgusting, but this is how they operate these days, if you voted for Bracks, you are also to blame :kiss:

Its also a lesson to people that attend public shows, remove you number plates/rego stickers.

You cant be defected then... :sorcerer:

Its rule #1... been like that for a good 3 years now when the cops used to patrol AutoSalon trying to do the same.

Yeah, it's the super-weakness.

It's not only short-sighted, but also massively mis-directed effort, achieving . . . . . . . . . . what exactly ? ?

Similar story up at SpringNats last year. The turnout at DECA was PITIFUL, because so many people had been burned so hard, so relentlessly by the fuzz in the last few years. There was an official "SuperCruise" organised for the Sunday morning up & down the main street, with all traffic blocked off.

I saw 3 cars and 2 trucks turn out.

I saw a V.tidy SS Commo ute displayed, that got defected. . . . . . 'coz the sponsor's sticker across the top of the windscreen touched the driver's side wiper-blade.

What sort of moron cop defects THAT?! Is it not TOTALLY obvious that the sticker won't be there a week later, when the show's over ?

Maybe it's a lack of understanding from the policia - perhaps they just don't "get" that most cars at these events (ESPECIALLY AutoSalon) are dragged out from under their covers a few weekends a year, mainly to go on show.

I s'pose it's simply easier to bust responsible enthusiasts @known events for minor technical infringements in front of some cameras, than it is do SOME ACTUAL POLICE-WORK and clamp-down on the sort of knobs that caused the Noble Park Maccas sh!tstorm . . . .

The Police were a disgrace. It was a pity that one of the guys pulled out from our display as he is a Federal Police Officer and might of been able to stick up for us.

The event was well planned and everyone behaved themselves. No burnouts. Good to see a lot of people from inside Chaddy stop and chat with us.

One guy from our group was defected. When I left he was being interviewed by a Cameraman from somewhere.

Ash: If you take off your plates and Rego I am sure the Police would just Tow the vehicle away.

I have always had respect for the police, it isn't an easy job. Most times they are reasonable but this time all I saw from their body language was arrogance.

yeah.... the supra got done last week needs to be returned to stock.... never gonna happen as its a demo car, lucky it was inside, or else i probaly would have got fined for driving a unreg defected car off the trailer lol another $500 fine would make me even unhappier.

Edited by URAS

Its also a lesson to people that attend public shows, remove you number plates/rego stickers.

You cant be defected then... :sorcerer:

Its rule #1... been like that for a good 3 years now when the cops used to patrol AutoSalon trying to do the same.

dont you guys have cops at every possible street exits around the show ground after the show is over to book/defect cars and/or take down number plates and request for an inspection via letters?

i'd assume the cars will have to get out of the show ground with numberplates on at some stage after the show is over.... (street drive, not trailor queens)

Apparently...

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/BBT-rui...MU-t217572.html

One of the guys that was defected has posted in that thread.

What a disapointment for Chadstone and the people that took their cars down there to assist in the BBT static car display. The people that were harrassing the TMU by singing chants to them should be ashamed, they were not the owners of the vehicles yet they could be held partially responsible for the Police Officers negative reaction to the display, there are way to many idiots around.

Matt - Did you get done? I hope not.

Hey Juz, nup my car wasn't ready in time so I wasn't able to make it. I was looking forward to the show, however after finding out about the cops from some ppl at work who went down last night, doesn't look like I missed much. A few cars were defected apparently, including poor Daz who only just finished clearing a massive defect, I hear he got a fresh defect last night! Not good. Kinda glad I didn't have my car there after what happened! :kiss: The only thing I missed was the 20 or so F1 promo grid girls.. hehe

breaking the law = breaking the law

(Sighh...)

Smoking a joint is breaking the law, so why don't the Police have hundreds of sniffer dogs trained, so that they can go door to door, busting everyone they can lay their hands on ? ?

Something called "Appropriate enforcement" or similar, I think. It's about applying the weight of policing manpower to where it's most effective. I doubt that defecting show-cars has any benefit to the community, or makes anybody any safer. It's just arrogant show-ponying in front of a crowd & cameras. :happy:

(I think it could be politically motivated too, so that the Govmnt. can point at something and say "See, we're doing something to stop street racing!")

Oh - and before someone can cry "Deterrent! Deterrent!" - This publicity won't make determined "street racers" even blink, it'll just make more people wary of organised events, keeping them at street meets and away from organised events like SpringNats and Calder Drags.

dont you guys have cops at every possible street exits around the show ground after the show is over to book/defect cars and/or take down number plates and request for an inspection via letters?

i'd assume the cars will have to get out of the show ground with numberplates on at some stage after the show is over.... (street drive, not trailor queens)

After leaving autosalon? :happy: People put thier plates back on dude, its illegal to drive without plates...

Im talking about inside the actual show itself over the course of the weekend, i kinda though that was obvious with a bit of common sense :happy:

As for defects outside Salon, its all a load of shit from muppets. The good ole stories off mass defecting after autosalons is rubbish.

There are the usual idiots that leave the place with thier cars 30mm off the ground, they SHOULD be defected for being morons.

There are also the usual fools from a certain demographic who wanna try do burnouts, they also get hammered by the law, and rightfully so.

The police certainly do not block off every exit/entry or whatever, thats a plain load of crap. I've never seen that occur in 5 years. Its just the random retards that deserve it and then cry foul about harrasment.

Ash: If you take off your plates and Rego I am sure the Police would just Tow the vehicle away.

No they cant actually. There is no law they can use that would allow this :happy:

Towing cars that are "un-rego'd", its local council responsibility as part of their laws and regulations.

The council would need to contact the Chadstone management first on that matter being the carpark was closed off, even if it wasnt i believe they would still need too... but usually it would be Chadstone contacting them (or towing affiliate) if a car was say left in the there unrego'd and required removal

Its a lot of mucking around, and if Chadstone denied them, they wouldn't be able to do it anyhow.

For the rest of you, dont cop bash.

Yes it was disgraceful. But if you wanna call them "f'ing" cops for doing thier jobs... then you can go to another forum :kiss:

(Sighh...)

Smoking a joint is breaking the law, so why don't the Police have hundreds of sniffer dogs trained, so that they can go door to door, busting everyone they can lay their hands on ? ?

Something called "Appropriate enforcement" or similar, I think. It's about applying the weight of policing manpower to where it's most effective. I doubt that defecting show-cars has any benefit to the community, or makes anybody any safer. It's just arrogant show-ponying in front of a crowd & cameras. :happy:

(I think it could be politically motivated too, so that the Govmnt. can point at something and say "See, we're doing something to stop street racing!")

Oh - and before someone can cry "Deterrent! Deterrent!" - This publicity won't make determined "street racers" even blink, it'll just make more people wary of organised events, keeping them at street meets and away from organised events like SpringNats and Calder Drags.

With the behaviour of members of the community lately, i dont blame them for this type of reaction.

Its the usual case of a minority destroying it for the majority.

Thats just how it is.

The Vic Police will continue to clamp down harder and harder until the donkeys doing burnouts in the streets get the message, but... being most of them lack intelligence, thats never going to happen.

So the Vic Police are really not achieving anything other than the following...

1) The police get some nice statistics to show around about thier work for the general public about how the laws are effective etc etc

2) The Gov't also gets a lot of brownie points with voters because it looks like they are being pro-active in the community etc etc and gets them more money.

Funny thing is, if you look at the road toll that isnt going down, and talk to the local residents of some areas, the problem really has not gone away.

Its either just died down for a few weeks or its re-surfaced somewhere else due to a clamp down in a particular area.

If the Gov't/Police was REALLY serious about the road toll and misbehaving on the streets, they would actually do things that made a difference.

But thats costs money, so it wont happen. Making laws and clamping down is cheaper and easier.

Sadly it does not fix the problems

For once I'm happy to say that I feel sorry for the guys there. I mean yeah the cars are defective but so are most of the cars at Autosalon and this is basicaly the same type of event. Vic TMU should be ashamed of themselves, they could have at least waited till the cars left so they don't appear as total fu(king arse holes.

In my eye's - Way to got TMU, top public relations.....

Ash - It would have at least been nice if the TMU had enforced a "presence" instead of pushing the point. What they did will solve nothing, might even make relations worse. I mean yeah if cars start doing stupid stuff then by all means book them but man, not a static display. Thats just wrong.

you can just tell that there is hardly any communication between sections of the Vic Police... lots of red tape and hot air, not much positive action (except when its really public and the cameras are there...) Police are only there to protect business owners these days... try to get some help as a private (tax paying) resident when your life isn't in immediate danger is almost impossible... and usually a waste of time anyway...

I wanna see cops back out of their cars and actually walking the beat... especially in some of the problem areas that have developed around the place... so that they can actually talk to residents and not just cruising up and down the street with their sunnies on perving on chicks... stop thinking of more ways to tax private motorists, do some good in the community instead, talk to people, let people have an encounter with a cop that isn't because they have done something wrong...

...bleh bored at work

Yea i totally agree with most comments yes ok granted the police may have had grounds to book people and give them defects but seriously how are they going to gain respect from enthusiasts if when they are putting their cars on display all they do is book them, instead of possibly showing up and acknowledging people for their time money and effort put into getting the cars down and on display to the public.

Granted all my encounters with the police have been positive and i have respect for the way i was treated (in random checks etc) but this is starting to get a fraction over board and stooping very very low.

Ash - It would have at least been nice if the TMU had enforced a "presence" instead of pushing the point. What they did will solve nothing, might even make relations worse. I mean yeah if cars start doing stupid stuff then by all means book them but man, not a static display. Thats just wrong.

I dont disagree at all (if you read the first post) :happy: