SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

we got sks package and then i pinched the tops off the teins and used them since they were spherical bearing, not rubber.

Before we changed to SK's deal, we put softer springs on the teins, and i must admit that helped a little bit but it was still stiff...which led me to believe that the shocks were still crap in terms of their valving, from them to the SK's was a massive improvement all round. Had to play with spring rates abit, but nothing too major. However the aussie spec ones seem to be loads better over the jap ones.

We are way off topic here, talking suspension in rb30 country.

Edited by r33_racer

A question for the guys that have been driving around with the RB30 hybrid motors....

Have you had any problems with the bottom end strength ??

I have been told by 2 experienced RB26 mechanics (one worked in Japan for Nissan) that the RB30 bottom end wont handle high boost and is the weak link. I'm not sure if this is just because they are RB26 biased or if its in fact true...

It wont stop my build, i'm just curious.

No issues here in Adelaide with block strength.

Jake 533rwkw 30psi which has run flat/low 9sec pass at the drags, Darren 470rwkw ~mid 20psi (stock bottom end) with water injection + a few others.

lol; no. Which has reminded me; its time to update it. :)

The blokes are Boostworx are top blokes; always done the right thing by me from the start so its well deserved.

There's so so many workshops out there that simply do not give a sh*t.

probably a shitload of power.

last motor was making 600bhp with a dayco belt. Id imagine that gates would make one of those super duper blue ones sometime to suit if there is a demand for it.

ok guys i need help im only a newbie....

i am currently rebuilding the rb30/25 to put into a lh torana 4 door.

i have read the first 86 pages in the last 2 days and i just need to ask one thing...

i am going to buy a rb25de engine for the head and bolt on acc, though can i use the non turbo loom in a turbo application with a power fc?? or should i lok at buying a rb25det wiring/loom for ease and better use.......

HELP!!

I am 90% sure you will need a turbo loom due to the knock sensors.

you may be better off looking for a power FC first and buying the correct loom for it.

it really depends on wich RB25DE head you are using 33 or 32.

if it was me I would buy a R32 re25de and use an R32 rb20det loom with an ap engineering pfc.

the loom and ECU will dictate wich CAS, ignighter and injectors you can run, once again in my opinion the r32 loom will be better as you can run top feed injectors.

Those of you with GTR's and or using GTR looms.

The knock sensors.

GTR

post-382-1188610500_thumb.jpg

GTST

post-382-1188610506_thumb.jpg

The GTR knock sensors don't screw in to the RB30 block as the thread dia of the GTR's bolt is too small.

What have you done/easiest way to sort the issue?

Brass piece chopped off and then drill/tap that brass piece to suit the GTR knock sensor bolt?

Or isn't there enough meat/difference in thread size to do such a thing?

i was goin to use a r33 rb25de engine for the conversion, tho im waying up weither to just buy a rb26dett head??

the only thing is price...

i was going to use the rb25de head with rb25det springs and maintain the vvt...

even though i get the de loom with the engine i will probably just hunt down a rb25det r33 loom or can i use the r32 rb20det loom???

cubes, i havent got to the knock sensores yet though what do u think would be the best approach as u have done it all....

thanks guys!!!

The knock sensors.

GTR

GTST

The GTR knock sensors don't screw in to the RB30 block as the thread dia of the GTR's bolt is too small.

Brass piece chopped off and then drill/tap that brass piece to suit the GTR knock sensor bolt?

the bosses are there - on mine anyway - you just have to drill and tap them. the GTROC thread where R32 Combat / Andy shows his rebuild has good pics.

The knock sensors.

GTR

GTST

im not running them, simple lol (autronic SM4)

I am 90% sure you will need a turbo loom due to the knock sensors.

you may be better off looking for a power FC first and buying the correct loom for it.

it really depends on wich RB25DE head you are using 33 or 32.

if it was me I would buy a R32 re25de and use an R32 rb20det loom with an ap engineering pfc.

the loom and ECU will dictate wich CAS, ignighter and injectors you can run, once again in my opinion the r32 loom will be better as you can run top feed injectors.

cheers champ.

Just a question before i buy it, am i able to use a rb25de NEO head??