SAU Community

fan clutch

zsky

the fan clutch on my passage has failed yet again, i have had a third party one and a genuine one and both have failed both RB30 items as i assume these would be ok, where can i get a genuine fan clutch for a RB20DET, i would prefer a new one?.

Your Local Auto-Shop..

I had 2 12" fitted and would never go back..

Sit in traffic for hours on end and the temp guage doesn't budge.

Before it used to slowly creep up..

Normal driving and the radiator is cool to touch hoses are cool also so the thermo stat basically trickles the water through to keep her just right :P

I also noticed a performance increase when the AC is on also and you can't hear the clutch fan whooshing away up over 4000rpm, nice and quiet with the thermo's.. :P

Well,,,,hows about we get the name around the right way to start with.....It's Davies Craig.........Now search the net

Neil.

Originally posted by -Joel-

Your Local Auto-Shop..

I had 2 12" fitted and would never go back..  

Sit in traffic for hours on end and the temp guage doesn't budge.

Before it used to slowly creep up..

Normal driving and the radiator is cool to touch hoses are cool also so the thermo stat basically trickles the water through to keep her just right :P

I also noticed a performance increase when the AC is on also and you can't hear the clutch fan whooshing away up over 4000rpm, nice and quiet with the thermo's.. :)

Did u get one especially designed for the RB20DET or did u get an RB30 item because i looked on there web page and they only have RB30 fan clutches?.

I've got the DCSL16 (16") Davies Craig thermo in my GTS25t.

The kit isn't anything special, it's not model specific to the best of my knowledge?

It all depends on what config' you want i.e. 2x12's or 1x16 etc...

Yep, fitted up a DC fan while I was doing the head gasket. I think it was the SL14 model, I got it from my local Autobarn, cost around $200. That's complete with a wiring loom, but not any thermal switching. I used the switch that triggers the little fan in front of the A/C radiator, on the LHS of the car. The DC fan's relay is triggered by picking up the 'power out' from the Nissan A/C fan's relay.

It seems more than adequate at the moment, but summer may prove otherwise.

Originally posted by Jay95R33

Go get a Craig Davies electric one.  I think the biggest one they have is about $250 (16 inch), so you should be able to get a smaller one for $150ish maybe?

J

what model fan clutch did you get?. i got the 5265 one but my original fan blade doesn't fit and i am having a hard time trying to get one that does