SAU Community

350gt Tv And Sat Nav

GT-R LM

I'm looking at getting a V35 coupe soon, but I'm in Melbourne...

If the car I'm getting does have a TV and/or navigation, how do I get your solution applied, do you need the whole car there in Brisbane or can I send the whole head unit and/or any other parts for you to do work on it and send it back?

Or do you have someone to recommend down here in VIC?

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Prestige told me they get a good compliance cost in QLD so if I found a 350GT with dvd/tv then I'll try sending it to that QLD wkshop and maybe you can do your bit either during or after the compliance. But I'm not sure if you can do the work while the workshop is doing compliance or it have to be afterwards, as I've never imported a car myself so I'm not sure what's the compliance process is.

How long do you need to perform the conversion?

there are several here. I do teh work after they do theirs so its not a probelm. you get hte car complete. this is how I do two compliance shops now. easier for me.

ring me on monday and I'll go over a few things with you. (see sig.)

Honestly don't know yet, I'm trying to figure out why you would need video out on that connector, for I'm pretty sure that is the remote camera hookup, as when i disconnect it, only the backup camera stops working. TV is still there. Whereas if I pull out the big connector the TV stops working, so this is the connector to splice... i think...

Nice find - Does that mean what I said here is actually true^^^

I always dd think the big connector was the proper one to hook into and the secondary was just the aux. Is that right?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris:

After the tread goes long time. I thing most of member get lost(include myself).

I really want to know that the PnP kit your are working on and wating for, what is the spec ?

What function does it will have?

Can you kindly give everybody and system descripition?

Say: what compount included, what lead does it has and what is needed for installtion?

Sorry for so much trouble but after go through from the first page, I really lost.

Thanks for your help.

Merry Christmas.

Frank

current one :

garmin nav with extra board integrating video & dedicated to running one button on the dash to switch it over - rest is IR controlled. OE system remains and OE computer remains.

revised version.

(still on paper)

mapping of the OE buttons to IR signal inc. joystick and integration the OE screen. no physical remote. different nav. (blau.)

if you are tech savvy have a bit of a think how I'm doing it. this one is a good 6-8 months off.

that sounds really good...

by the way, car missed the boat booking deadline, so won't arrive early Jan, estimated might be late January, however as there's no jan schedule yet, might not be accurate.

I was also thrown in between navi or tv conversion, navi would be more useful, but tv is a cool gadget but might only be worth if spending lots of time in the car. doing both could be too expensive :blink:

also will the tv work while in motion, or only when the car is parked/stationary?

mapping of the OE buttons to IR signal inc. joystick and integration the OE screen. no physical remote. different nav. (blau.)

if you are tech savvy have a bit of a think how I'm doing it. this one is a good 6-8 months off.

That sound outstanding. I am afraid it need huge jobs. Don't tell me that we have to distory a factory remote control.

nope -emulate one and interface the buttons to it. . thing being it will not be a $300 exercise. for those that are SERIOUS about it expect $2-2.2K turnkey. I'm doing it simply because I want a challenge.

Nigel

You are right about Brian I was at his workshop this morning having a look at the 2005. He has it sussed there is no interference on the screen at all the Nav he out in works a treat.

He has worked out how to keep all the other stuff that the JDM unit does as well as install the new nav unit. He is falt out all the time but like you said in Perth no one comes near him as far as this sort of stuff goes.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have a 2003 V35 coupe and I would like to chat to someone in Perth with the expertise to sort the Nav/DVD/TV etc and give me some options - can you provide me with a name (Brian?), company contact details?

Cheers,

Vic