SAU Community

350gt Tv And Sat Nav

GT-R LM

sweet cant wait!

so who knows where the tv aerials are located ? are they intergrated into the glass along with the antenna and will they have the appropriate gain to receive australian analogue/digital tv?

never chased them. they should be in the rear glass.

• 1 month later...

a little..

been over to see chris rogers a couple of times now.. ill let him talk about the nav himself

but i have digital TV having bought a unit form eBay for $100 including postage.. works well but not so well with the standard TV antenna. might be looking into installing a separate stealthy antenna for good reception

still no luck though with getting the aux input to work while driving..

back to see chris on friday to sort some more stuff out :(

DSC_0368.JPG

look - TV !

DSC_0370.JPG

and a TV guide.

still yet to sort the in motion side of it properly. by fluke it worked when I did this one - reception isn't the best either. I would actually use a different box in the cars I do commercially. it really needs 2-4 antennas to really work.

I have a few more pics of rest of this car but its not related to this discussion.

hey chris, just a thought..

i was thinking that maybe the reception issue is in part due to the fact that the aux in isn't on, and thus there's no power going to the signal amplifier?

so maybe once we get that issue sorted the antenna will get its +12V for signal amplification and thus give a better reception?

Edited by WazR32GTSt

Has anyone dealt with Japanese Auto Centre at Parramatta Rd? Saw this on one of their ads for the V35 - says they can convert Sat Nav at small cost.

http://www.japaneseautocentre.com.au/zoom.php?id=63#

their words are actually "This is at a small additional cost"

its a very subjective comment, and they could argue that $3-4000 in the context of a $39,000 car is a relatively small cost. i would argue that it is a significant cost...

Hi guys I was playing with the TV the other day and could receive the TV broadcast sound (for all channels 9, 7, 10 etc..) but obviously could not get a picture. I thought the Jap TV module could not receive any of the Australian TV signals. Unless sound is transmitted differently to image?

Cheers