SAU Community

350gt Tv And Sat Nav

GT-R LM

hmm interesting.. i was a bit disappointed that the blaupunkt did not do 3d mapping as i mentioned via PM. i've gotten used to that style on my PDA version tomtom..

how do they compare cost wise, and in temrs of installation? easy for you to get your hands on chris?

this website has an instaleld setup and it seems pretty good: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/archive/ind...hp/t-74166.html

i know you've already got the blaupunkt unit there, but i'm just thinking in terms of my setup as i've already got the reverse camera, and i don't need the extra AV inputs as i've already got the TV/DVD potentially sorted through the TV tuner AV input..

Hey guys, i got this reply from Ryda.com.au if its any help tp any one.

Hi Angelo

Most factory vehicles have there own factory design plugs and configuration, most aftermarket brands like Kenwood you can only use there head units to run there own GPS Nav units.

There is a brand that has a regular RCA Video out from the GPS Nav to plug into a unit with RCA Video. The GPS Brand is a Nesa model NAV-12 unit with remote control and GPS antenna that has 2D 3D and birds eye viewing Normally priced at $999.00 our price is $699.00 plus freight if need of $17.95.

Now probably the original screen has no RCA video out so this wont work, if the unit can be taken out and taken to aftermarket electronics wiz he could ad an Video out of you would need to check first if they will do this there is one Company that does this to BMW Mercedes and others he is based in Sydney and the name is Nam Electronic Services in Marrickville Sydney PH: 0295504144 in the name of Nam Nguyen you could ask him if its possible.

The first question is the aux input is this just audio which is a good start all we need is a RCA video input feed out as well.

Thank you in your enquiry hope our info was helpful.

Regards,

Dennis Beroukas

Ryda Dot Com

T:0295688852

F:0295683522

email:[email protected]

wycky,

the aftermarket "black box" or "hideaway" type of units (such as we are looking at here) are all designed to be used with and OEM screen. that was the reason for their inception in the first place.

this includes units from garmin, blaupunkt, vdo, etc

its just a matter of finding the one that has the interface and mapping that you like

in regards to the factory aux inputs, well there is video, audio L and audio R so its completely normal in that regards if you want to plug it into the aux input

if you want to wait for chris to finish developing his plug+play then you will find that you can plug it into the stock nav loom so that it is activated like the normal nav and your aux input is free for a dvd/tv etc

this won't be too far away now..

Edited by WazR32GTSt

the nesa version was one I originally looked at. it does RGB out. I have the pinning or it here and it was the original cable I had built O/s. nice to see ryda doing the right thing :P on price.

mapping on it is 3d like the garmin unit. the garmin has one advantage over it. the STOCK GPS antenna is a plug in affair. the rest is not but in my case thats not an issue.

Waz,

remember the pearl 35 I had a few days back - its staying here a few more days :) so I'm going to strip it and make more notes :D

I'm making a call to garmin now btw.

Does anyone know if the same goes with the 350z?

A friend of mine just bought a personaly imported 350 with sat nav and is wondering how to get the unit to work here in australia.

He is willing to go aftermarket but would just like to explore this option before doing so.