SAU Community

350gt Tv And Sat Nav

GT-R LM

i was planning on putting a DVD player in the upper glove box also

i was thinking of not disconnecting the stock DVD rom unit, but just re-locating it backwards under the dash somewhere. i have no needto access it, it just has to be there behind the dash

then i can put a DVD player in teh stock nav position!

thats what i was thinking of doing before chris releases the final build of his satnav/dvd/radio kit

chris' kit is not going to have DVD

from what he has told me it is GPS navigation ONLY

that means we need a separate DVD solution

there are a few units on eGay that have DVD and a TV tuner in them for $250-300ish.. that means all you would need is a TV antenna (can hook into the stock one?) and bob's your uncle - TV and DVD to go with chris' GPS unit and you have all the stock features accessible through remote control and the steering wheel

some of the DVD/TV units on eGay also come with a remote infrared attachment so you can leave the unit under the upper glovebox and access it hidden for that stock look :P

the plug an dpay version is for the nav. I can do the whole lot turn key but not without having the vehicle to do it.

considering these cars (or the ones I have seen.) didn't have DVD as std its not a major issue. if you do not have the reversing camera - go in there and use a 'mod' lead to make it work.

i was planning on putting a DVD player in the upper glove box also

i was thinking of not disconnecting the stock DVD rom unit, but just re-locating it backwards under the dash somewhere. i have no needto access it, it just has to be there behind the dash

then i can put a DVD player in teh stock nav position!

we need to talk :P ring me in the morn.

I would like to say that whilst the R34 one is different.

I ripped all my stuff out after testing the front audio and video input on the xanavi satnav in the R34.

it worked for the laptop when switched to NTSC.

then i got told there is nothing else i can do.

I ripped it all out.

looked in the boot when i finally got to the sub install and the fricken tv tuner part ALSO had an AUXinput.

a fricken HTPC in there would have worked out great guns.

I am hoping if the V35 has something similar which it sounds like from IT doctors post.. then there is certainly some scope for it all.

Honestly don't know yet, I'm trying to figure out why you would need video out on that connector, for I'm pretty sure that is the remote camera hookup, as when i disconnect it, only the backup camera stops working. TV is still there. Whereas if I pull out the big connector the TV stops working, so this is the connector to splice... i think...

I've taken proper photos of that board now, but too busy this weekend to do anything.

Oh yeah and I've got a cable with connector that isn't hooked up to anything dangling up under there, next to the sub wiring. Do you guys have that too?

Might need a new thread purely for people that are interested in working together to build an aux-in connector and keep the whores out.

Honestly don't know yet, I'm trying to figure out why you would need video out on that connector, for I'm pretty sure that is the remote camera hookup, as when i disconnect it, only the backup camera stops working. TV is still there. Whereas if I pull out the big connector the TV stops working, so this is the connector to splice... i think...

I've taken proper photos of that board now, but too busy this weekend to do anything.

Oh yeah and I've got a cable with connector that isn't hooked up to anything dangling up under there, next to the sub wiring. Do you guys have that too?

Might need a new thread purely for people that are interested in working together to build an aux-in connector and keep the whores out.

Thanks for reply.

As my understand, your one come with reverse camera, so you only have one empty connector isn't hooked up to anyting.

Can I ask: there are 4 connectors on TV unit, the big one for TV, and two grey ones for antennas, so the last one stay in the middle of that three is for camear?

my one doesn't come with reverse camera, so I got two cable connectors hangup there. both in grey color. I guess one for camera the other one is something else.

AS IT DOCOTR said:

He run a connector via that 6 pin connector to get a set of AV input--which in your car is used for camera? after reading post 199, i thing it is a pretty easy job expect no idear of VTR- used for.

OK then, yes my car has the camera, and that white connector on the board you are referring to is plugged in on mine. The only reason I'm thinking not to run a splice from that particular connector is that on mine I'll only get input from it if the car is in reverse. I'm not sure yet where that switch is made. Whereas the TV one works all the time. IT Doc, do you have to press the TV button on the front to see your MP3 player? When does it work?

Like I said haven't had time to play as yet, so we'll figure it out together soon.

Very interested in knowing what that other unplugged cable is for. I may ask the US guys if that is the sirius connector or if they have it at all.

Edited by -= SKiZO =-